Memory leaks in OS system when streaming

HugeChromePeach

HugeChromePeach

Everytime I try to stream any at all through Emby my memory begins to begin draining immediately.

Emby will go through 7gbs of memory within 5 minutes.

This is embarrassing and everything I read in the subject says it's due to bad programming in general.

Seen people have had this issue since 2017.....

I need step by step instructions on how to fix this.

No logs.....no information on my end......

This is your trash program. Figure it out.

Happy2Play

How do you know it is even close to the same issues as 2017?  All memory leaks have different issues.  Please provide the information to reproduce the issue.

How to Report a Problem

But a issue that does not affect all Linux users this way would suggest a issue with the specific configuration. :)

HugeChromePeach

Don't use Linux. Running on Windows.

Default Emby install.

Stream a movie.....memory gets drained.

Simple as that.

Paid for a month and worked flawlessly for two days. All of the sudden it can't play for five minutes without draining my entire system.

Would like a link to show me how to refund my purchase if you're going to do the whole "show me your logs" bullish.

I'm going to assume Emby can't actually transcode or whatever and can only truly direct play.

cuzz1369

Don't use Linux. Running on Windows.

Default Emby install.

Stream a movie.....memory gets drained.

Simple as that.

Paid for a month and worked flawlessly for two days. All of the sudden it can't play for five minutes without draining my entire system.

Would like a link to show me how to refund my purchase if you're going to do the whole "show me your logs" bullish.

I'm going to assume Emby can't actually transcode or whatever and can only truly direct play.

You're an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

• Like 2

chacawaca

1. you post in linux forum when you want windows help.

2. you provide 0 information so someone can help you. None of us can read in your mind, and we dont see what append on your pc.

3. your attitude is shit. 

4. learn to check thing that take 1 sec to find https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27502-premiere-faq-please-read-new-support-procedure/

• Like 4

HugeChromePeach

1. Hit post new topic on mainpage. If it directs me to a specific system category ita more pad programming.

Playing a movie sucks up memory....default Emby install....plethora of users with this issue fro. 3 years on, mods unable to remedy solution since then.

3. Company demands money for product, delivers inferior product that is a copy of PLEX..which is free. Quit crying.

HugeChromePeach

Looks like the issue is transcoding like I predicted.

Problem is i think I need to transcode audio for a lot of files yet simply allowing audio transcodes for some reason doesn't allow the media file to be played at all. I get an error prompt.

If I turn off all transcoding the file will play without audio.

I narrowed this down for anyone saavy with this system is assume.

Embarrassing if no one can answer this.

cuzz1369

Embarrassing if no one can answer this.

You are the only one who should be embarrassed.

What is your issue with providing a log? It's two click from the browser to download a log.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

HugeChromePeach

1.On mobile.

2. shouldn't have to

3. Default Emby install...common issue...been around for years..deduced the issue...simply need to know how to transcode only audio on media files

4. Currently using PLEX with no issues at all. Why would I do a companies work that I paid a service for when it's competitor does it better for free?

5. No call support. Shows lack of interest in actually helping issues.

6. Would give logs......support will say,"hmmm interesting...I'll get back to you later", leave problem unanswered for years to come.

7. Remedy the problem or refund me Emby. Simple as that.

Hi there, we're sorry about your issue. Can you look at an Emby Server log? Thanks !

• Like 1

HugeChromePeach

What exactly am I looking for within the logs?

I guess I'll play your check the logs game later on when I have the time.

I mostly want to get a picture of what the server is doing. Can you please attach it here or send to me via private message? Thanks.

mark-in-dallas

No disrespect Luke, and I realize that if there is truly an issue with memory leaks and/or transcoding (which I SERIOUSLY doubt) you would want to know about it and have an opportunity to fix it, But, this guy just REALLY rubbed me the wrong way and I'll be happy to send him back his lousy $5 just to see him go away.  Seriously, I'll be happy to paypal $5 to you to send to him, or wherever else it needs to go just to see him go away.  PM me an email address on where to send it, as long as this guy promises to go away!

We REALLY need a dislike or down vote button.

Edited by mark-in-dallas
  • Like 3

rechigo

No disrespect Luke, and I realize that if there is truly an issue with memory leaks and/or transcoding (which I SERIOUSLY doubt) you would want to know about it and have an opportunity to fix it, But, this guy just REALLY rubbed me the wrong way and I'll be happy to send him back his lousy $5 just to see him go away.  Seriously, I'll be happy to paypal $5 to you to send to him, or wherever else it needs to go just to see him go away.  PM me an email address to send it, as long as this guy promises to go away!

We REALLY need a dislike or down vote button.

LOL 

Don't do it man.. The user probably already left for Plex, which is clearly the superior product with the superior support - amirite

6. Would give logs......support will say,"hmmm interesting...I'll get back to you later", leave problem unanswered for years to come.

You can tell this user is a seasoned Plex user

• Like 1

mark-in-dallas

Don't do it man.. The user probably already left for Plex, which is clearly the superior product with the superior support - amirite

You put the LOL in the wrong place, well at least you missed putting one after the comment about Plex being a superior product.

And, I happen to kinda like this forum and the vast majority of members that participate, and would be glad to give $5 to get rid of a troublemaker and nuisance. 

HugeChromePeach

The anti Plex cope is sinking in because I'm direct and expect a company offering a paid service to a product they directly ripped from the competitors to work.... especially when said competitor offers the same thing.....for free.

I'll ask in case non Emby-Zealots are out there.

Issue deals with transcoding....seems like Emby can't actually do this without severe memory usage.

Do you have an answer, or do you get ultra defensive and feminine to everything people ask?

maegibbons

Problem from 2017

Left completely unresolved.

Millions of logs and screenshots of the issue

No answer.

But it's not Plex Rechigo? What happened?!

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49196-emby-server-memory-usage/

You are a twat!

You did read to the end of the post that you linked to where the user admitted it was down to his Hyper V environment which he rectified?

Krs

Mark

A 'like' is always appreciated!

• Like 4

Spaceboy

Problem from 2017

Left completely unresolved.

Millions of logs and screenshots of the issue

No answer.

But it's not Plex Rechigo? What happened?!

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49196-emby-server-memory-usage/

if you love plex so much and it’s free why don’t you do us all a favour and go and bother them. You won’t be missed
  • Like 4

HugeChromePeach

Wow what a supportive community.....

illustrating that the service Emby completely based it's entire company model on does it for free and without a hitch gets you so much hate

Horrible environment you're creating here Emby....pretty shameful

HugeChromePeach

How do I alter my Hyper V environment so that this program actually works correctly?

Instead of getting mad just answer the questions children. I don't have time for the rants of people whose only relations with people are for their Emby server access.

PenkethBoy

The only child here is you with you immature attitude and arrogant posture 

You want help now after insulting people when it was pointed out repeatedly you are making incorrect assumptions - not providing information - and generally being a twat

The community is supportive generally but not to you for the obvious reasons....

• Like 3

HugeChromePeach

Provided all the information needed. Due to transcodes. Any way to transcode audio only and have the file play?

It's really simple

Get called idiot,moron,etc. For asked ng a question....you're a meanie! Ok Boomer...

Answer the question or give me refund. Simple.