Memory leaks in OS system when streaming

HugeChromePeach

mastrmind11

Provided all the information needed. Due to transcodes. Any way to transcode audio only and have the file play?

It's really simple

Get called idiot,moron,etc. For asked ng a question....you're a meanie! Ok Boomer...

Answer the question or give me refund. Simple.

dude, for the 4th time attach your f'ing server log so we can answer your question!  or post your paypal address and one of us will gladly send you the $5 so you can kindly gtfo.

• Like 3

cuzz1369

dude, for the 4th time attach your f'ing server log so we can answer your question! or post your paypal address and one of us will gladly send you the $5 so you can kindly gtfo.

He obviously just doesnt know how to get a log, and has no intention of figuring it out. Best to just ignore the troll.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

• Like 4

WilhelmStroker

That topic is from 2017 so there have been a large number of server updates since. You can't compare that with the current situation. And rule one of troubleshooting is to verify the logs that you've been asked to do several times now. Otherwise no one will be able to help.

HugeChromePeach

I already diagnosed the problem. It's the transcoding.

Is there anyway to transcode just audio and not any video files?

Just allowing audio transcoding doesn't allow you to play the entire file.

You don't need logs to answer whether this is a function by can perform or not.

Sounds like a cope.....

HugeChromePeach

@@cuzz1369

Click on log....post...you look at it....pretend you know what you're looking at....spout something irrelevant and say you've never experienced the problem yourself.

Sorry you get mad at people when Emby doesn't work properly.

rechigo

No bud, some of us here can actually understand the FFmpeg and server logs. Stop saying Emby support is bad when you refuse to follow the troubleshooting steps we provide you by making up BS excuses about how they won't work.

Sorry you get mad because you can't follow basic instructions :)

Sent from my Galaxy S10

HugeChromePeach

Rechigo. Can you explain to me why logs are necessary to answer the question: Can Emby transcode just audio files and play video without transcoding video whatsoever?

rechigo

Rechigo. Can you explain to me why logs are necessary to answer the question: Can Emby transcode just audio files and play video without transcoding video whatsoever?

Yes it can, that's called "Direct Streaming"...

Sent from my Galaxy S10

HugeChromePeach

Yes. But I want audio transcoding. When just choosing audio transcoding only, the entire video file won't play...I get an error prompt.

That's the issue.

rechigo

Yes. But I want audio transcoding. When just choosing audio transcoding only, the entire video file won't play...I get an error prompt.

That's the issue.

Anddddd that's exactly what I thought you were going to say.. That's the reason that we're asking for your transcode logs

Sent from my Galaxy S10

HugeChromePeach

I might have fixed the issue. I think it was due to subtitle transcoding, even when it's not really active.

I may be wrong but it seems to work disabling all subtitle transcoding.

Wow......no logs needed to rest the situation and simple tickering with options fixed it.

How dare I skip the, show me logs dogma, when I know it's not needed.

Thanks for not helping losers.

mark-in-dallas

I hope upon hope that your "fix" is just a fluke, that the problem returns ten times worse, and that you get your little panties all up in a bunch again and just go away.  

P:.S., only a spoiled child, a complete moron or troll would post asking for help but refuse to provide information requested to help troubleshoot the issue, then go on to insult others in nearly every post, and acting like an arrogant narcissistic prick.

• Like 4

rechigo

I might have fixed the issue. I think it was due to subtitle transcoding, even when it's not really active.

I may be wrong but it seems to work disabling all subtitle transcoding.

Wow......no logs needed to rest the situation and simple tickering with options fixed it.

How dare I skip the, show me logs dogma, when I know it's not needed.

Thanks for not helping losers.

So there's still a transcoding issue, you just did something to mitigate it. That shouldn't happeb regardless of subtitles

Sent from my Galaxy S10

HugeChromePeach

Yeah I know there is an issue with the transcoding still..... fortunately I don't use subtitles and will switch back to Plex.

UI and app for Emby is far more responsive than Plex, but this issue and the insufferable community definitely doesn't warrant a purchase.

This was hilarious how all your sperg out! Haha

I think a few of your personal identities might be attached to this product.....

But wait.....how do you know I having transcoding issues?! I never posted logs!!!!

HugeChromePeach

Look at Mark-in-Dallas seethe over here. I'm around Dallas buddy.

Want to show me your sweet server set up?

HugeChromePeach

Imagine hoping someone's problem comes back because you insulted and insisted on information that was never needed and said "moron" was right all along.

chacawaca

Read all your post, since your first one you insult everyone. 

If someone come at my business and act like you do, i show him door and ask him to leave.

rechigo

Awww, now the user is taking this on a personal level now :)

Maybe we know its a transcoding issue because this only happens when the video is transcoding? Did that ever once cross your mind?

Might want to lock the thread at this point...

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 1

mastrmind11

come to a support forum trashing a product and demanding support, refuse to submit information useful in debugging said support request, then "fix" said problem by clicking around on the interface.  must've been unable to get avocado toast delivered promptly this morning.  and what's with these "ok boomer" comments lately?  I'd gladly support a boomer over this new slew of garbage because at least I can walk a boomer through stuff without dealing with the whole "the world owes me something because i'm capable of breath" philosophy I'm beginning to see around here.

• Like 3

Jdiesel

When you are stuck inside because of the pandemic and it has been weeks since you were last able to get your fix by harassing retail workers you need to find creative ways display your social immaturity. 

• Like 3

HugeChromePeach

Mastermind thinks it's entitlement to point out the product that cost money doesn't work as well as the free service the Emby directly ripped from.....

Mastermind is a seething Boomer. Funny.

HugeChromePeach

Rechigo?!?!?! You mean me stating that it's a transcoding issue led you to the problem?!?!?!?!

But......no logs!!!!

I guess logs were unnecessary....like I stated from the VERY FIRST COMMENT.

rechigo

a) How is Emby "directly ripped" from anything? The only media server that is "directly ripped" is Jellyfin, which is essentially just an older version of Emby

B) Emby doesn't work as well ad Plex? Didn't you say in a previous post that you actually liked the feel and speed of Emby more than Plex?

The developers would gladly help you with your transcoding issue if you provided them with the info needed. I mean, you said there was an issue with video when the file is being transcoded, so does that not make it a transcoding issue?

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Edited by rechigo