2019 Shield TV (tube) - m2ts Files Remuxing Audio

BradJMelb
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

BradJMelb

Hi,

I'm doing some playing around with different lossless files (both Dolby TrueHD/Atmos and DTS-MA/DTS:X) and cannot get m2ts files to direct play through the Sheild. I was getting container not supported initially and then experimented with the "Allow Direct Play of TS Files" option which gave the same result of DD 5.1 audio instead of DTSMA for one of the examples but was then giving a reason of Direct play error.

Attached are server logs and a remux logs from when I started playing around with two different test files. I also submitted debug logs through the emby app on the ShieldTV.

Should these files be able to direct play? Other files that are MKV's with the same audio tracks direct play just fine.

For reference the IP for the Shield is 192.168.0.26 and the server is .40.

Thanks,

Brad.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-remux-cd3bce30-6843-44e9-9678-2fba8259d6a8_1.txt

ffmpeg-remux-df20fb9c-2631-401d-9c04-9e15fa619a4f_1.txt

Edited by BradJMelb

• Solution

Hi.  Direct play of m2ts files is not supported by Exoplayer at this time.  I suggest using mkv instead.

• Like 1

BradJMelb

Hi.  Direct play of m2ts files is not supported by Exoplayer at this time.  I suggest using mkv instead.

Thanks ebr, I've put them into mkv containers today and now they're playing as expected.