X360 KINECT™ Remote Control (new TestingThread)

chef

@wraslor

@Cynful

@Spaceboy

@hedgehogg

@travelmanics

.67 completely edits the Speech registry. 

I also read every line of the MSDN Speech, so I think I have figured it out.

If this doesn't listen to you, then, I have one more idea:

In the Application Settings XML file there is a Node named: <Locale_ID_Culture>

change the inner text to your specific country:

example :  en-US  = USA

en-AU  = Australia

and re-start the application.

If that doesn't work, then change the Node to: en

and re-start.

I have a good feeling about this one :)

Edited by chef

trooper11

I wanted to share some good news for the prospects of using the X1 Kinect with MB. MS announced today the availability of an adapter to allow the Kinect you have with your X1 to work with the pc! They are also rolling out v2.0 of the SDK. The adapter will retail for $50.

Here are the details:

http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2014/10/22/microsoft-releases-kinect-sdk-2-0-new-adapter-kit/

So now, if you already have an X1 as I do, you just need this. If you don't, you could just pick up Kinect separately for cheaper than the Windows version. I hope this good new for chef and other developers that want take advantage of the new hardware.

I wanted to share some good news for the prospects of using the X1 Kinect with MB. MS announced today the availability of an adapter to allow the Kinect you have with your X1 to work with the pc! They are also rolling out v2.0 of the SDK. The adapter will retail for $50.

Here are the details:

http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2014/10/22/microsoft-releases-kinect-sdk-2-0-new-adapter-kit/

So now, if you already have an X1 as I do, you just need this. If you don't, you could just pick up Kinect separately for cheaper than the Windows version. I hope this good new for chef and other developers that want take advantage of the new hardware.

+1 @@wraslor

This is great news! Now we're talking! It sounds like we'll move forward after all.

Keep us updated!

• 1 month later...
Swynol

hey chef, trying to get MB open air remote to install on my machine and i get the following error. It went through the install fine, downloaded and installed the sdk, added the api key, done the speech training and then selected a client.

the program then restarts, the kinect sensor moves up and down and then throws the error below "The remote server returned an error: (401) unauthorized.

any idea? machine is a fresh build win7 x64 with mb theatre installed

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.HttpWebRequestClient.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Browser Kinect
    Assembly Version: 2.6.67.0
    Win32 Version: 2.6.67.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/Media%20Browser%20Kinect.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
MetroControls
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MetroControls.DLL
System.Speech
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Microsoft.Kinect
    Assembly Version: 1.7.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.0.529
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Kinect/v4.0_1.7.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.Kinect.dll
MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5393.21948
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5393.21948
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.DLL
MediaBrowser.Model
    Assembly Version: 3.0.5392.39615
    Win32 Version: 3.0.5392.39615
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/MediaBrowser.Model.DLL
Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.Interaction
    Assembly Version: 1.7.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.0.510
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/Microsoft.Kinect.Toolkit.Interaction.DLL
Sacknet.KinectFacialRecognition
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/ProgramData/Media%20Browser%20Kinect/Sacknet.KinectFacialRecognition.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• 1 month later...
Scott84Z28

I'm trying out the Kinect, and I'm getting as far as CrazyPete00.  Everything installs fine, I enter the API key, it does the speech training, but after the config finishes and tries to restart the program I get the same 401 Unothorized error as above.  I'm guessing something with the security changed, maybe when MBConnect was added?

@@chef, you still around?  Any thoughts?

chef

Hi @@Scott84Z28

I will also mention some of the other people from this discussion in an attempt to reel everyone back in ;)

@

@@Cynful

@@trooper11

Now that my little girl is bigger I have been starting to produce an entirely new Kinect Application.

Trooper I think you will be happy to know that I went a head and purchased a KINECT V.2. However I am still waiting to get that working with this app.

For now I have been mastering a new version of the Kinect application, and am happy to say that it has started working much better.

I am currently about three days away from release.

Please stay tuned.

Ben

• Like 4

chef

3.0 is posted in the beginning of this thread. If you get errors in the 32bit installler, i need to know please, because I can't test it on my machine without messing up everything in my dev environment.

• Like 1

Scott84Z28

@@chef

ive tried the new version.  I can say start listening, and it acknowledges but as soon as I say go to movies I get a 401 authorization error.

see the screenshot

54b1154c482f6_kinecterror.png

btw, do you have a list of commands?

okay. I'm on it!  

The main devs have changed stuff again with the authentication header. Christs Sake!

@@Scott84Z28

This might take a minute but I can reproduce your error.

Edited by chef

@@Scott84Z28

I removed a large part of the application which tried to pinpoint the users location in media browser in start up.

For some reason getting what the API calls "ancestor" information returns NULL.

For now the application will start and the user will have to ask for a library inorder to load commands for the speech recognizer.

It was way more intuitive before, this major change.

The question is: should I attempt to rewrite the "CurrentInstanceLocator" class or forget it?

The good news is that Xbox One kinect makes just as many mistakes as our app does in misrecognitions for media libraries.

Edited by chef

Scott84Z28

Hi @@chef.

I tried the new version last night and it does work better.  I only had 10 minutes, so I didn't get a thorough test.  I could say go to movies or go to tv shows and they both worked.  Then I could tell it what show to go to.  Once in the series section though, I couldn't get it to enter a particular season.  So I manually went into a season, and then said go to episode 1.  Unfortunately it kept going to the TV Series "Episodes". 

Do you have a list of commands that you can use?  And is there an order on how you're supposed to start the kinect and MBC?  If I'm logged in to the kinect with my account, but then log out of the MBC session that it is supposed to control, will kinect keep running in the background until I log back in again later? or do I need to go into the kinect interface to manually tell it which session to control?

Does the kinect work with multiple users?

Looking cool so far. :)

Great!

I will update the command text and post it shortly.

In the meantime:

Once in your TV Series library, you can ask for seasons directly like this:

Season {#}

Example: "Season 1"

No need to say:"Go to".

It is the same for episodes:

Example:

"Episode 1"

Also to answer you question, yes :)

Kinect uses multiple users.

Each user must be loaded I to the kinect app to control their client.

So if you are logged into MBC on your computer you must also be logged I to the kinect app.

It uses face recognition. You can set that up under the "users" tab.

However, the kinect app can not log you out of a client.

The app can still run even though you have left MBC, but to be honest I have never tried to give it commands after it has lost sight of its controllable client.

I would imagine that you would have to ask for a library again after you restarted MBC.

When you ask for a specific library, only the media items contained in that library are loaded as speech commands, therefore restarting MBC would confuse the kinect app, and the wrong commands would be loaded. However, a request to "go to the main menu" would reset the kinect app.

Edited by chef

• 2 weeks later...
trooper11

Great to hear about your progress chef.  Getting a Kinect V.2 is a nice plus! :D

Once I have some free time in the next couple of weeks, I need to setup the latest version and see how its working.  I'm in the process of testing Windows 10 on a backup media pc.  MBS, MBT, etc have been working fine.  I think I will give this a try with my X1 Kinect on that pc (I picked up one of those adapters).