X360 KINECT™ Remote Control (new TestingThread)

chef

Cynful

My recogniser is already 2057 @@chef ...

It was a good idea though and good to see that the new installer sets the default for people who haven't already set the default recogniser.

Still looking for other reasons the program might not be responding to the designation.

Edited by Cynful
  • Like 1

chef

@@Cynful

I have a theory. Please delete the "809" entry under your Speech Profile in the registry. So you should only have "409"

Under your "RecoProfile\{your profile ID}/{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}\Files" you will see a list of Training Audio Files:

They will look like this:

"TrainingAudio-0xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx"

If we look at this name we see: "TrainingAudio-", then there will be either "0409" or "0809". 

Which numbers are referenced in your file names?

chef

@@Cynful

Okay, under your profile ID should be a registry folder named: "MS-2057-80-

DESK", when that folder is highlighted there should be data called: "trainingSessions" and the data value will be a hex number like "0000x0(1)"

Each time the recognizer is trainer it will increment by one.

Does the hex value equal "0000x0(2)" or higher?

If it doesn't then we haven't been successful in training the proper speech recognition engine and this might be the culprit.

I am still hard at it, trying to figure it out.

This is why I lose testers so easily. It gets complex when using speech recognition ;)

• Like 1

wraslor

Finally got a min to do some testing and I'm not getting to far.  Upon launch I get cannot find: C:\ProgramData\Media Browser Kinect\settings\global\logs\3.log  continue or quit.  Continue and it just hangs.  I then created the logs folder with 3.log (text file) that it was looking for and now it launches with no error but just hangs.

Any ideas?

Win 7 64bit

wraslor

ok after a couple of reboots I got it to launch but now get im sorry the media browser server is not running message.  Even though I can launch mb and see it fine.  attached is log.

3.log

Cynful

@@chef

I'll be hanging around. Not that easily dissuaded ;)

Training Status  hex value = 0x00000002 (2)

Windows Speech Recognition works (within it's limited capacity) needs a lot more training however before it will be accurate enough. - The actual windows speech recog that is, not the air remote... That doesn't listen to a word I say.

Kinda like my students in that regard...

Edited by Cynful

travelmanics

Hi @@chef

Maybe partial success.

- Uninstalled media browser Kinect

- Delete "travelmanics" profile under ease of access. Check registry to confirm that it had been deleted. Deleted as expected.

-Installed media browser Kinect

This is where a changed slightly

-Select country code of English us

-Get error code "culture code cannot be null

-Click save.

-Checked registry and travelmanics profile created as expected with code 409 only

-Rest of install as is-including completing voice training

Before starting Kinect.

-Checked registry and under "RecoProfile\{your profile ID}/{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}\Files" all the wav files are showing code of 809. This are newly created for this install as confirmed profile had been deleted at the beginning. Is there a mismatch here?

Loaded Kinect app. All working at least a bit can say

Kinect

Start listening

Go to box set

All the above work. If you say "go to the main menu" the command is recognised but it created a null pointer exception which basically crashes the app, nothing now works until the restart

Will have to try some more training but using us language it detects speech

Hope this helps

Regards travelmanics

Cynful

Hey that's a good writeup travel. I'll have to give that a shot myself.

So it seems to be the program isn't responding to 809 registry? I wonder if it's the culture coding within the air remote.

wraslor

Ok made it a little further, I did a complete removal and reinstalled everything.  I now get the splash screen and hear it say please choose which device I want to control but that's it.  I'll attach the log.

5.log

chef

Sorry guys! I have had to be entertainment for my three year old lately while my wife is tending to the new baby.

It is exhausting... Lol!

However, I have figured out some more problems with the speech recognizer, and fixed them.

Indeed, you'll have to delete the registry entries for your profile tokens, and restart the kinect app.

One good thing is that the registry entries get rewritten, but they will automatically tie themselves to the training information your have already done. This happens because we are using the same IDs to build the registry.

@travelmaics

Yes, it is okay the 409 is written under your registry speech profile and 0809 is written for your training.

The most important thing to take note of is weather or not there is a registry key under your profile ID with the name "MS-2059-80-DESK"?

This key specifically references the UK speech recognizer.

In a new version I have, I have made sure that the languages and the speech recognizer are sync'd.

There are some hidden registry keys which must be edited for the speech language to be loaded properly. Honestly, I don't know why M$ has to make it so complicated. But I suppose we are definitely tapping into parts of the speech recognition engine that are not part of the normal API.

I will post something today.

The registry profile keys are removed and rebuilt with the app, things should work.

hedgehogg

Must have posted this in the Wrong thread

Sorry chef it just won't install - I have Removed all the old stuff it gets as far as ...

Plug it in the setup will continue once all the drivers are installed / They are all installed then nothing - Zip - NADA

chef

Must have posted this in the Wrong thread

Sorry chef it just won't install - I have Removed all the old stuff it gets as far as ...

Plug it in the setup will continue once all the drivers are installed / They are all installed then nothing - Zip - NADA

@@hedgehogg

Oh! You have started from a clean install.

Yeah, there are three possible routes to take during first run. Because everyone has already got the kinect sdk installed and the kinect plugged into their computer, I haven't spent much time On The route you are taking from a clean install. So... Yeah, it would come to a dead stop.

Here is how to get things rolling again ( and I will try to finish that particular route):

1. Delete "c:\programdata\media browser kinect" folder.

2. Install kinect sdk version 1.7 if not already installed (including toolkit)

3. Plug in your kinect and let the drivers install

4. If all goes well, run the kinect installer again.

5. Start the application to initiate first run

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Something else comes to mind, if you are starting from a clean install of windows.

You'll have to run the Windows Speech Recognition app ( the crappy desktop one) in order for windows to build the proper speech registry keys in the registry.

Just start the desktop app and then close it (is all it takes) :)

Please let me know how you fair.

Edited by chef

chef

Hi @@chef

Maybe partial success.

- Uninstalled media browser Kinect

- Delete "travelmanics" profile under ease of access. Check registry to confirm that it had been deleted. Deleted as expected.

-Installed media browser Kinect

This is where a changed slightly

-Select country code of English us

-Get error code "culture code cannot be null

-Click save.

-Checked registry and travelmanics profile created as expected with code 409 only

-Rest of install as is-including completing voice training

Before starting Kinect.

-Checked registry and under "RecoProfile\{your profile ID}/{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}\Files" all the wav files are showing code of 809. This are newly created for this install as confirmed profile had been deleted at the beginning. Is there a mismatch here?

Loaded Kinect app. All working at least a bit can say

Kinect

Start listening

Go to box set

All the above work. If you say "go to the main menu" the command is recognised but it created a null pointer exception which basically crashes the app, nothing now works until the restart

Will have to try some more training but using us language it detects speech

Hope this helps

Regards travelmanics

@@travelmanics

This is good. I haven't added box set commands yet, so that I why it would come to a dead stop.

This is good news!

chef

@@wraslor

@@Cynful

@@Spaceboy

@@hedgehogg

@@travelmanics

New version!

2.66 has edits in the speech registry add,which should allow for the speech recognizer to switch culture information.

There is one question though for you guys in Australia, or the UK:

Because your system Culture information is Set to your country location. If you were to go Advanced Speech options:

Control Panel --> Ease of Access --> Speech Recognition --> Advanced Speech options  (Top Left hand corner)

and create a new Speech Profile > train it through the Speech Properties Page > then open the Registry to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\RecoProfiles\Tokens\{The new Profile ID}\

what is the country code listed under "Name"?  Is it 409 or is it 809?

I feel I am very close. I am just not sure if the Windows Speech Profiles are created with a universal "409" code because it pretty much just means "English" or if it is exactly created based on the System Language Settings for the Operating System.

Mine always says "409", is this because My OS is US English? or is it because it is just "English"?

If this doesn't work, then I have a plan.

I am going to setup each Kinect Generated Speech  Profile to accept all recognition engines installed on the computer...

Then I'll let the Kinect app choose which one based on user input during First run.  But, I feel like this should be a last resort option, because it will crowd each profile in the Registry with a bunch of Useless information which may slow down the responsiveness when we build the Speech Engine....

Thanks again for your time.

@@chef

Deleted all profiles and created a new one; "Default"

Comes up 409 only under tokens\id.

Recognizer lists 2057 still.

Hope that helped.

About to run .66

@@chef

Installed 2.6.66 all ok

Face recognition works

Designation does not

Microphone array recognises direction of sound

In registry:

Taken ID "Luke" - 409 and CLSID (value={DAC9F469-0C67-4643-9258-87EC128C5941})

Recogniser Token value= 2057

subfolder language defaults: 409=2057, 809=2057

Hmmmmmm

Tempted to install 2.6.54 again and see why THAT version worked compared to the latest.

Edited by Cynful

Okay @@chef...

Here's a little thing.

For shirts and goggles I reloaded 2.6.54 (the last working voice rec for me) over the top of the current speech profiles.

It works perfectly. Few minutes of training (in mediabrowser) for the system to understand commands and I'm user firendly.

Registry now has 409, 809 and CLSID (from the latest I guess) and nothing else speech registry appears to be different.

Wondering if you should compare 2.6.54 speech ENGINE to 2.6.66 ... at least on the 32bit side of things ... 64 I've NO flaming idea.

Edited by Cynful
  • Like 1

Hey guys, sorry for the long time between replies. My kids got me soooo tired.

Thankyou @@Cynful. That information was very helpful.

I have add a reference to the proper speech engine in each Profile Token ID (CLSID)

I am really confused why .54 works, but .66 doesn't.

It has to be the culture.  I having something new. I'll be in touch.

This is really strange, but the speech recognition engine culture is all a mess.

I tried to test:

Change the Operating system culture and creating user speech profiles.

Changing the speech recognizer a culture profile with a different operating system profile.

Have the culture uniform between operating system and speech recognition.

Things get really complicated in the registry let me tell you.

If you have English US operating system culture then, as far as I can tell The speech recognition entry key Will have a name of 409 while the speech recognition will reference the English UK recognizer if that recognizer is chosen to be the default recognizer for the operating system.

@@Cynful

What culture is your operating system set to?

If you choose the culture for Australia it may cause problems with the speech recognition engine.

Please advise.

In the end I was able to sort out some of the problems.

I will have to take control of the speech recognizer's registry entry point, and change the language defaults found under the speech recognition entry key in the registry.

The latest version of media browser open air remote should take into consideration all of these new problems and write proper user profile InSpeech Registry of windows.

However only testing will let us know if the new registry edits will actually make media browser connect work properly