mhendu

Trakt overwriting Continue Watching for TV episodes (but not movies)

mhendu

I've had this problem for months now - when I watch a TV episode and do not finish the episode it sits in Continue Watching until the Trakt plugin Import playstates task runs. Once that task executes it removes the TV episode from Continue Watching. If I disable this task this behavior doesn't occur, and this only happens for TV episodes, not movies.

Log attached. Any idea how I might fix this behavior?

I'm currently on Emby 4.5.0.6 beta, but this has been occurring on every version of Emby that I've had installed for about six months now. I'm using Trakt plugin 3.4.4.0.

Luke

Hi, if it's syncing data from Trakt, isn't that what it's supposed to do?

mhendu

Hi, if it's syncing data from Trakt, isn't that what it's supposed to do?

It's syncing incorrectly - if I'm in the middle of an episode, stop watching it, and then the task runs, it decides that I haven't seen the episode (I think) and marks it as unwatched instead of retaining the last play position. It only does this for TV episodes for some reason. I can get around this by just disabling this task, but I don't think I should have to do that as I lose the sync of watched states from Kodi, for example - it should recognize where I left off in the episode and retain that state.

mhendu
Posted (edited)

Trakt always does this. You can delete the progress points in bulk on Trakt using this:

https://sharkykh.github.io/tppm/

It can't be expected behavior if it works one way for movies and another for TV shows, no?

I might be missing something but I believe on Kodi the Trakt plugin submits my play position in the movie or TV show such that if I sync those play positions on another device via Trakt I can pick up where I left off. That should be the expected behavior - not syncing back watched/unwatched states to overwrite my play position on Emby.

Also, if I'm understanding that web application correctly, that's actually intended to remove the play position on Trakt, which is the opposite of the what I'm describing. I'd be happy if the Trakt plugin for Emby correctly synced back the stored playback progress on Trakt, and if I could manage that by using that web application to update my playback progress on Trakt, but that's not what appears to be happening.

Edited by mhendu

Pog22

It does the same for movies for me