Identifying MKV Audio

scott.freiman

scott.freiman

I have ripped some 5.1 audio albums to create MKV files. The files play back correctly. However, I see no way to use Identify to find the album. Even though I have the AudioDB plug-in, only MovieDB, IMDB, etc, are searched. That means that when I am searching for Chicago II (the album by Chicago), it matches to a wresting movie NXT Takeover: Chicago II! Is there a way to tell Emby to search for audio matches and not movie matches? If not, how can I manually update the metadata for audio and not a movie?

Hi, why do you feel that Imdb is searched? What is the content type of the library?

scott.freiman

The content type is mixed, although the same thing happened when I created another library with content type music. It is assuming the MKV file is video and looking at IMDB and MovieDB. The question is whether I can make Emby match it to music instead. 

5e9999a4d5d90_ScreenShot20200417at75607A

daedalus

just as a throw in, the "correct" extension for audio only matroska files is *.mka, even if internally they are absolut identical

scott.freiman

Thanks @@daedalus. Unfortunately, changing the extension to mkay won't allow Emby to play the file. 

Edited by scott.freiman

daedalus

not atm, mixed content librarys don't have audio providers, see your library settings

why audio is not "supported" in mixed content librarys only the devs can answer

Edited by daedalus

why audio is not "supported" in mixed content librarys only the devs can answer

It's possible, but it's just not something that has ever been looked at.

• 2 weeks later...
ThierryD

It's possible, but it's just not something that has ever been looked at.

would be appreciate :)

Reading the posts, it seems we are a few users which have a music library mixing audio and video files