98% of my Movie Metadata wiped, most of library being re-added as if it were new. Any idea what happened??

BlazedMonkey

mprasil

From my understand if <CollapseVideoFolders> is false all <CollapseSingleItemFolders> are independent of each other so each library can be true or false.  But if <CollapseVideoFolders> is true all <CollapseSingleItemFolders> are irrelevant and provides the collapsedview.

In the end all new installs are both set to true.  But from a old install standpoint the could means a destructive change.

At some point Devs are going to have to say a clean/new install is require and you can only restore user and userdata to get everyone on the same track.  Or attempt to explain why this happened on said update.

Right, so in my case I have CollapseVideoFolders set to "false" which would suggest that all CollapseSingleItemFolders are independent. If I understand you right, the real issue is that one library has no such setting and the default probably changed at some stage which triggers the library rebuild?

mprasil

I think I've managed to resolve my problem? I've set <CollapseSingleItemFolders> to "false" for the affected library and that seems to work. (It does not drop metadata on library scan and I'm running the latest 4.4.2.0) I'm not sure if that won't cause any problems down the road - any advice would be very welcome here.

Edited by mprasil

khodges747

I think I've managed to resolve my problem? I've set <CollapseSingleItemFolders> to "false" for the affected library and that seems to work. (It does not drop metadata on library scan and I'm running the latest 4.4.2.0) I'm not sure if that won't cause any problems down the road - any advice would be very welcome here.

@@mprasil

I've been following your discussion with Happy2Talk and decided to try your solution.

I was running server 4.4.1.

I have 3 libraries that are movies, and several others that are other types.

The system.xml has <CollapseVideoFolders> set to "false".

All the "non-movie" libraries have <CollapseSingleItemFolders> set to "false".

All 3 movie libraries do not have the <CollapseSingleItemFolders> setting.

I added the <CollapseSingleItemFolders>false</CollapseSingleItemFolders> setting to all 3 movie library options.xml files.

I updated the server to 4.4.2. The update did not initiate a rescan of the library.

I ran a manual library scan.

All movies, from 2 of the 3 movie libraries were removed. The 3rd library seems to be unaffected.

All Collections are gone, except those that have TV Shows in them. (For info, Collections are type Collections, not movies.)

Conclusion: Your solution did not work for me. The setting <CollapseSingleItemFolders> had no effect on my movie libraries being removed and rescanned. The exact same problem I saw with the upgrade to 4.4.1 is also happening with 4.4.2.

Just a reminder, I have nfo files so I don't lose anything except time (the scan takes forever) and some custom HTML codes.

mprasil

All movies, from 2 of the 3 movie libraries were removed. The 3rd library seems to be unaffected.

All Collections are gone, except those that have TV Shows in them. (For info, Collections are type Collections, not movies.)

Conclusion: Your solution did not work for me.

Ah that's a bummer. The way I understand it is that the setting itself does not matter as much as the change from "true" to "false" - which is what triggers the re-scan. I think the missing option just needs to reflect the state the library is in previously, so maybe you could set the value to "true" for the two libraries that were re-scanned and all would be fine? (I mean prior to Emby update)

I had the configuration on ZFS, so I just did snapshots and just did rollback when experiment went wrong and this is what ended up working for me.

It's also possible that you're seeing some other underlying issue with the same symptoms.

jordy

Can you clarify?

Do I configure like this:

• Title (year) - [4k]
  • Title (year) - [1080p]

Or:

• Title (year) [4k]
  • Title (year) [1080p]

Or:

• Title (year) [ - 4k]
  • Title (year) [ - 1080p]

Whatever suits, but "Title (year) [4k] looks cleaner imo.

My movies are titled like this, but I don't have multiple versions like you:

21 Bridges (2019) [bluray-1080p x264] [AC3 5.1] [EVO].mkv

mediainfo is attached by Radarr on import.

cheers