I've named all my files and folders according to the movie naming guide for emby. But some titles do not get recognized, especially (but not exclusively) non-english titles. And non of them seem to be quite unusual or hard to detect. For example:
- Movies/Es (2017)/Es (2017) - 1080p.mkv [OT: It (2017)] -> identified as: Körper und Seele (2017)
- Movies/Oben (2009)/Oben (2009) - 1080p.mkv [OT: Up (2009)] -> identified as: Das Allgäu von oben (2009)
- Movies/Die Fliege (1986)/Die Fliege (1986) - 720p.mkv [OT: The Fly (1986)] -> identified as: Millowitsch Theater - Die spanische Fliege (1986)
- Movies/James Bond 007 (03) - Goldfinger (1964)/James Bond 007 - Goldfinger (1964) - 1080p.mp4 [OT: Goldfinger (1964)] -> identified as: James Bond 007 - Feuerball (1965)
- Berserk - Das goldene Zeitalter (2012), Berserk - Das goldene Zeitalter II (2012), Berserk - Das goldene Zeitalter III (2013) -> all three identified as: Berserk - Das goldene Zeitalter III (2013)
english titles identified wrong are e.g.:
- Movies/The Raid (2011)/The Raid (2011) - 1080p.mkv -> identified as: Code Name: Geronimo(2012)
- Movies/Train to Busan (2016)/Train to Busan (2016) - 1080p.mkv -> identified as: Untitled Train To Busan Remake
Also it was unable to detect 'Star Gate (1994)' because of that whitespace in the middle (like in 'Star Trek' ). After renaming to 'Stargate (1994)' it was fine.
These are only examples.
I know that identification is not trivial, therefore my question is: Can I name them better for emby, so that the auto detection has better results (without rename every movie to its english title)?
I want to add something off topic: A while ago I identified every wrongly assigned movie by hand and added a sort title to almost every movie. Then I change the folder structure from '[mountpoint]/Movies/[all Movies]' to '[mountpoint]/Media/Movies/[all Movies]' and changed the path in the movie library (by removing the old and adding the new, because there is no edit/change functionality). Therefore all identifications were repeated, all identifications by hand and all sort titles were gone. I thought that emby would detect that it is still the exactly same folder with same content, only one layer deeper. I suggest that emby save some kind of folder hashes to be able to recognize that nothing changed in such cases.
Edited by Secundo°, 04 March 2020 - 02:39 PM.