pir8radio

EASY REQUEST - Client Bandwidth Feedback

pir8radio

Often times when I see "Reason for transcodng: Media bitrate exceeds limit." in the info I wonder, what kind of internet connection do they have?   I know this can cover multiple scenarios like bandwidth limit set for user, server, client side quality setting, as well as AUTO bandwidth detection...     Can you PLEASE add to the dashboard the returned client bandwidth capabilities?   The value you are getting from the client that tells emby its bandwidth abilities.   

While you are at it tighten up the spaces between lines on the transcode items, and align the results to the right instead of center..   

MAYBE SOMETHING LIKE THIS ^_^ :

5e4952bf0b750_5e48d99b20999_Screenshotfr

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 21

Luke

Hi yes it's a good idea. Thanks.

saltedhash

x2 on this request. I would love to see that as well! Sometimes when I see a low negotiated bandwidth, I think it could be my end and I endlessly try to look into why it is occurring when it usually is the client side connection.

maegibbons

The more info the better on direct play/transcoding. I would like to see a pop up giving the full stats for nerds info from the client.

Krs

Mark

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rbjtech

Bumping this - as I'm seeing many requests of failures caused by 4K REMUX's where the people simply do not have enough bandwidth (for whatever reason) to play the files.

If as per @pir8radio requested a couple of years go - if you put the available client bandwidth on the dashboard (download a sample file when they first connect and store it ? But dynamic /live would be even better) then people can see how good/bad their connection is vs what they are trying to play..

• Like 1