Problem with resume reading

Hyp3rD

For now, I can say practically the entire season. I should made more test to be more accurate. What is strange is that in the version 4.2 I never had any problems... When I will be at home, I will test it, do you want a specific procedure or configuration? @@softworkz

But that's all - just that specific season? We can assume that someone has encoded all episodes in the same way (maybe in a wrong way - but I'm not yet at a point to make such kind of statement).

Do you have a resume-log from version 4.2.1?

But that's all - just that specific season? We can assume that someone has encoded all episodes in the same way (maybe in a wrong way - but I'm not yet at a point to make such kind of statement).

Do you have a resume-log from version 4.2.1?

It's seem to work each time in 4.2.1. You will find the log there

For the 4.4.0.15, it's seem to do the same bug with another series, I made some tests to confirm,,,

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-0c65b2c3-2219-4135-ae8b-37fadb4727b5_1.txt

Edited by Hyp3rD

It's seem to work each time in 4.2.1.

For the 4.4.0.15, it's seem to do the same bug with another series, I made some tests to confirm,,,

The log from 4.2.1 doesn't show a resume, it's playback from start.

@@softworkz Very sorry, my sort was in the wrong side

A made anothers tests, and it's start perfectly

The only thing that I have see is that the file doesn't start playback exactly at the same place comparatively at the "trying start" of 4.4.0.15, always between 5 and 10 secondes of differences. It's because that on this version, the ffmpeg detect the 10s and adapt to it to start?

ffmpeg-transcode-beee8ff5-f21d-49fc-a84d-6d385a2a98f1_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-de42e291-e80b-419d-85d7-1f28d3b3457b_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-65c9db07-6692-41cb-b5c1-a572c81b05d3_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-d179fa61-dd07-4266-b132-bc6aa9b32b33_1.txt

Edited by Hyp3rD

!?%@#   My first was with the 4.2.1 portable version, but it's seem that the server have made a autoupdate, but the web app was stay with 4.2.1...

Here is the good log I think.

I'm very sorry, it's not easy to reproduce a bug on 3 differents versions, thanks for your patience!

thegoodone.txt

Edited by Hyp3rD

Happy2Play

I am a little confused here.

2020-02-19 19:16:57.893
Emby Server version: 4.3.1.0

App: Emby Mobile 4.2.1.0
Chrome

How is this possible?

Are you sure this portable "C:\Users\Antec\Desktop\embyserver-win-x64-4.2.1.0" has not been updated?  What shows on the Dashboard?

Happy2Play

Post 77 and post 79 logs would appear the portable updated.

I see updated post above. :)

Edited by Happy2Play

@@softworkz Okay, I figured out how to prevent the automatic update before starting the server the first time, because as soon as I left the configuration, it was already ready to restart to apply the update. After 10 start attempts at different times from the video S03E17, no problem to report, the video starts normally.

Maybe give it a try on your side just to compare my result

• 8 months later...

Sorry, since the pandemic, I don’t use the browser transcoding, but I will try to reproduce it before the end of the week.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I'm having the same problem on my Android phone. I always run the up to date emby player (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mb.android). I don't really see a fix in this topic, is that correct? 

5 hours ago, TjabNL said:

Hi there. I'm having the same problem on my Android phone. I always run the up to date emby player (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mb.android). I don't really see a fix in this topic, is that correct? 

Hi there, we're happy to help. Please see how to report a problem:

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply.

I'll check if I can create a new issue, but was just wondering if there was a solution to this one as it's describing my issue exactly. Go to the app, resume, it will play a few seconds and stop / freeze. After rebooting the app on my phone, I can't resume (loading keeps showing), and I'll have to click "watched", then "unwatched" and have to scroll to the point I was at.

As soon as I have some time I'll check if I can see how to get the logs from my phone etc. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

I'm running into the same issues with "Throttle" on. As far as I can see: on resume the transcode starts at the beginning of the Movie because it does not seem know that is resuming and because Emby is starting instantly at 0:00 without knowing it is resuming. It takes about 10-15 seconds for Emby to jump from the start point to the resume point, but the transcoding is not catching up instantly (with throttling) so it takes like 30 seconds to catch up but Kodi (embycon), in my case, thinks it is timed out and kills the video.

After disabling throttling, it needs all 16 ryzen threads to double transcode the start and the resume point and not let Kodi die. Emby needs to handle those resumes differently.

This is issue seems to be only is running 2160p because of the large data amount.

I have it with every video. What fixes it:

Open video and mark as watched (remember where I was at), mark as unwatched, close Emby, open Emby, start (from beginning) and forward to where I was at.

It's annoying but no idea how to fix it otherwise. Also, no idea how to provide more useful information :')

30 minutes ago, thrlly said:

I'm running into the same issues with "Throttle" on. As far as I can see: on resume the transcode starts at the beginning of the Movie because it does not seem know that is resuming and because Emby is starting instantly at 0:00 without knowing it is resuming. It takes about 10-15 seconds for Emby to jump from the start point to the resume point, but the transcoding is not catching up instantly (with throttling) so it takes like 30 seconds to catch up but Kodi (embycon), in my case, thinks it is timed out and kills the video.

After disabling throttling, it needs all 16 ryzen threads to double transcode the start and the resume point and not let Kodi die. Emby needs to handle those resumes differently.

This is issue seems to be only is running 2160p because of the large data amount.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !