Problem with resume reading

Hyp3rD

Hello, I have a problem with resume reading with the web version of Emby.

When I try to launch a video started earlier, example at 7 minutes, the player is displayed and the loading circle rotates indefinitely, without launching it. Also, I noticed that on the server dashboard, transcoding is not indicated on the client's tile.

When I restart the video from the start, and scroll to the desired moment, the video starts in a few seconds. The indication "transcoding" appears.

I have this problem since version 4.3.1.0, before I had never experienced this situation. I also noticed that there is not as much detail on the transcoding on the client's tile, before, we saw the progress, but now, it is only indicated "transcoding".

I am attaching the server log to you, I just hid the addresses that could find me.

From 12h00 to 12h08, it is the launch test from 7 minutes and the second part, 12h09, from the beginning with a scroll taht work perfectly.

Thank you and good day!

emberserver.txt

Edited by Hyp3rD

Hello, I have a problem with resume reading with the web version of Emby.

The Web app, the browser player...

I have try it on the last version of Chrome and Firefox, same bug... :(

I have test it on a another computer in the local network, same behavor the the computer on the remote network...

I think that is not a connection problem...

When this append, the player is completly "freeze, I have to close the tab completly to try againt.

This append with differents series.

Edited by Hyp3rD

Hi, does this only happen with videos containing embedded subtitles? As a test, do you have any videos with no embedded subtitles to test and compare with?

I will check, when you say « embedded », you say that the mkv content .srt, pgs files?

Or that the subtitles is hard coded in the video?

Edited by Hyp3rD

Happy2Play

I will check, when you say « embedded », you say that the mkv content .srt, pgs files?

Or that the subtitles is hard coded in the video?

Embedded would be the subtitles within the mkv container, not hard coded subs already burnt into the video.

But, like I say, when I start a episode from the beginning, It’s start in a seconds, it’s just I the resuming that it’s don’t start... And went I start from the beginning and I scroll I the file, like 7 minutes, the playback start very fast...

Ok unfortunately I don't see anything obvious here. I would suggest trying again with the upcoming 4.4 release as there will be a number of transcoding improvements. You can always try the 4.4 beta if interested. Thanks.

Can we return to "stable" branch after or we have to reinstall everything?

Do you have a approx. time before the stable release? If it' in some days, I will wait, but if it's in a month, I will maybe give a try on the beta version...

Can we return to "stable" branch after or we have to reinstall everything?

It's generally not recommended until the stable release catches up. 

We plan to release 4.4 by the end of the month.

• Like 1