Problem with resume reading

Hyp3rD

It's should, but I have send you a another one in your PM that is the file that is show in the log on the #6 reply on the forum, just in case...

I have made some tests, and I don't know if it's just a fluke, but on Edge 18, it seems to work very well compared to Edge 80 beta, Firefox 73 and Chrome 79 that does'nt resume playback...

Edited by Hyp3rD

Ok, but it will be valid only 24h, the limit of firefox send... And finally, Edge 18 seem to make the same thing after some retry/tests... :(

Hyp3rD @Luke  -. This is the well-known vtt subtitle problem. It is fixed for Windows since beta 4.4.0.12 and for Linux since beta 4.4.0.14

Yes i can reproduce with your latest sample. I've added @@softworkz so that he can take a look. Thanks.

Does it reproduce with the latest beta as well?

@@Hyp3rD - Is it always about 10bit source videos?

I don’t have tested this on the beta, so I don’t know.

For the source, it’s a good question, but I thing that is possible, it’s my primary template since a long time...

Yes i can reproduce with your latest sample. I've added @@softworkz so that he can take a look. Thanks.

I'm unable to reproduce with the sample (S01E01). I can play, skip, stop and resume without problems..

@@Luke - How did you reproduce it?

Works fine for me. I tried with hw acceeleration off as the original log didn't involve hwa.

Did you test the same video that I did?

I got the one without subtitles:

5e4853f853501_test_video_resume.jpg

@@softworkz This is the example that you can find in the first message of the PM, it this sample, but with the log of Chrome. The ffmpeg is the #10 on this forum...

As you can see, it's seem to start something, but not the video on the player...

Your test is on 4.3.1 or 4.4.14 ?

It's very weird, I have test it on 3 computers, on local lan and in remote with 4.3.1... Firefox, Chrome and Edge...

Edited by Hyp3rD

We might be facing different issues here. The excessive vtt subtitles generation is a known problem that is fixed in the current beta.

Currently, we're testing in the beta branch only. The next release is imminent and there won't be any fixes made for the 4.3.x version range.

Migrating to beta and going back to an earlier release version afterwards is not recommended and likely to cause problems.

But for a quick test, you can always do a backup of all library and configuration data, update to beta, do some testing  and possibly return to the release build by restoring the saved data.

I will check what I will do, but if you want to compare, my offer to create a temp account on my server is still there, I admit that i'm curious if you will have the same result on mine...

I will check what I will do, but if you want to compare, my offer to create a temp account on my server is still there, I admit that i'm curious if you will have the same result on mine...

You mean an Emby server account or an administrative OS account?

Either way I'm afraid, I don't have enough time for this. Why don't you install 4.4.14 yourself?