New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, jankete said:

Are there any news on this?

It's on github, I can port into the new 4.8 system.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've put a 4.8 compatible version into the plugin catalog. Please try it out and report your experience.

You'll notice the text is showing translation keys, so that's an open issue. Thanks.

Bjcool21@gmail.com

Where are the configuration settings for the plugin?  If I goto the plugins tab, there is no configuration options, if I goto "Notifications", it just shows discord with a lit up white bell.

kelly.clubb
7 minutes ago, Bjcool21@gmail.com said:

Where are the configuration settings for the plugin?  If I goto the plugins tab, there is no configuration options, if I goto "Notifications", it just shows discord with a lit up white bell.

I'm having the same issue on my server, no options for what to notify for anywhere in settings and I'm an admin.

2 hours ago, Bjcool21@gmail.com said:

I believe I have the latest plugin for Discord since I removed it from the folder, but can someone please provide a link to the most recent version or one that will work with 4.8?  I am on 4.7 still, but I assume this in preparation for 4.8

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Zerok said:

I believe I have the latest plugin for Discord since I removed it from the folder

I have no idea what that means. 

2 minutes ago, Zerok said:

but can someone please provide a link to the most recent version or one that will work with 4.8?  I am on 4.7 still

If you're on 4.7, just install from catalogue as latest version applies only to 4.8+ (for which you'd do exactly the same, you'd just get appropriate plugin version downloaded). 

15 hours ago, Luke said:

I've put a 4.8 compatible version into the plugin catalog.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I had the DLL file in the Emby plugin folder that allowed me to configure the Discord Notification plugin.  

I am on 4.7 however I don't see a Discord plugin in the Catalog.  What is the plugin I'm looking for that will allow me to use Discord notifications?

8 minutes ago, Zerok said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I had the DLL file in the Emby plugin folder that allowed me to configure the Discord Notification plugin.  

I am on 4.7 however I don't see a Discord plugin in the Catalog.  What is the plugin I'm looking for that will allow me to use Discord notifications?

The one you already have.

43 minutes ago, Luke said:

The one you already have.

Thanks Luke! Last question and thanks for your patience, but it seems it's been a while since I have moved a plugin to a this folder, can you remind me the default folder location for Emby Plugins?

2 hours ago, Zerok said:

Thanks Luke! Last question and thanks for your patience, but it seems it's been a while since I have moved a plugin to a this folder, can you remind me the default folder location for Emby Plugins?

It's the plugins subfolder underneath the server's data path. The data path can be found at the top of a server log.

• Like 1

kelly.clubb
On 3/22/2023 at 12:25 AM, Luke said:

So, this is what I see when I go to notifications on my server.  I am an admin, and the option for notifications is clicked for me and all other users. The setting is for my account to verify that it's checked. The Notifications button is the one I click on which is on the left. It shows discord, but if I click on it, the dialog box just vanishes. I'm using the version from the catalog and I'm on 4.8.0.26 as shown.

image.png.3770302bae0229b678c2fcafb5a964bb.png

image.png.5e036aad9d6fed37c89920de6390b7eb.png

image.png.8afc7feab365b4056510175edb60a6db.png

image.thumb.png.7a4375782a03874bdb64e1d045ef5d44.png

Here's a video showing what happens.

Edited by kelly.clubb

1 hour ago, kelly.clubb said:

So, this is what I see when I go to notifications on my server.  I am an admin, and the option for notifications is clicked for me and all other users. The setting is for my account to verify that it's checked. The Notifications button is the one I click on which is on the left. It shows discord, but if I click on it, the dialog box just vanishes. I'm using the version from the catalog and I'm on 4.8.0.26 as shown.

Strange. Can you supply the contents of the browser debug console? Thanks.

kelly.clubb
32 minutes ago, Luke said:

Strange. Can you supply the contents of the browser debug console? Thanks.

Just a note, I was using Emby Theater originally, but the same issue happens on chrome as well.

image.png.4e14da8ab6919babf461fe775ebcecbb.png

20 hours ago, kelly.clubb said:

Just a note, I was using Emby Theater originally, but the same issue happens on chrome as well.

image.png.4e14da8ab6919babf461fe775ebcecbb.png

HI, please try refreshing the page and giving it another shot. Thanks.

kelly.clubb

This seems to have fixed the configuration options. I will test them when I have time and update if I'm having any other oddities.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Adminelite

hallo

bei mir zeigt leider keine Bilder An im discord.. habt ihr ideee

ich habe Discord plugins

image.thumb.png.52ccd7eef094b1bc54c0eb2f3961e7c9.png

Darkseidd
On 3/26/2023 at 9:59 AM, kelly.clubb said:

im on 4.8.29, installed discord notification but doesn't seems to be able to configure anything, similar to this. using firefox to access

8 hours ago, Darkseidd said:

im on 4.8.29, installed discord notification but doesn't seems to be able to configure anything, similar to this. using firefox to access

Where are you looking?

jaycedk

As a rule of thumb.

Plugin developers don't update fore beta.

If they work, you got lucky, unless other wise noted.

13 minutes ago, jaycedk said:

As a rule of thumb.

Plugin developers don't update fore beta.

If they work, you got lucky, unless other wise noted.

This plug-in is updated.

• Like 1