New Plugin: Discord Notifications

rechigo

Darkseidd

6 hours ago, jaycedk said:

As a rule of thumb.

Plugin developers don't update fore beta.

If they work, you got lucky, unless other wise noted.

that's strange. i couldn't see this plugin at my server's 4.7.11 catalog. but its the first thing i see at my other server's 4.8.0.29

7 hours ago, Luke said:

Where are you looking?

at here. pressing discord brings out nothing. using server admin's account..with notification permission allowed. the only additional plugin i have on the beta server is Top Picks plugin.
image.thumb.png.c5d94db1b214371834d8aa8cfe297f68.png

not sure how to troubleshoot since embyserver log shows nothing.

on stranger things, adding webhook setting is also inaccessible now on my beta server.
image.thumb.png.6e9e701941d1da2b8a50ebe91698ac0c.png

On 4/13/2023 at 6:55 PM, Darkseidd said:

that's strange. i couldn't see this plugin at my server's 4.7.11 catalog. but its the first thing i see at my other server's 4.8.0.29

at here. pressing discord brings out nothing. using server admin's account..with notification permission allowed. the only additional plugin i have on the beta server is Top Picks plugin.
image.thumb.png.c5d94db1b214371834d8aa8cfe297f68.png

not sure how to troubleshoot since embyserver log shows nothing.

on stranger things, adding webhook setting is also inaccessible now on my beta server.
image.thumb.png.6e9e701941d1da2b8a50ebe91698ac0c.png

That's resolved for the next build. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
kelly.clubb

Hey Luke, the original plugin had an option for TV Shows to notify of Series/Season/Episode with the toggle to enable/disable series/season/episode level of content. What I mean by this is the ability to only post that a series was added but not each episode, or season 1 of the series.  It gets a bit spammy if I add 2 or 3 seasons of something I add.  Is there a chance you can implement this into a future update?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kelly.clubb said:

Hey Luke, the original plugin had an option for TV Shows to notify of Series/Season/Episode with the toggle to enable/disable series/season/episode level of content. What I mean by this is the ability to only post that a series was added but not each episode, or season 1 of the series.  It gets a bit spammy if I add 2 or 3 seasons of something I add.  Is there a chance you can implement this into a future update?

Yes it’s certainly possible. Could be done using filters to limit the criteria.

• 3 weeks later...
wonderwond
On 2/9/2020 at 2:01 AM, rechigo said:

I noticed for a while now that there hasn't been great support for Discord (webooks plugin doesn't work w/ Discord, slack plugin is broken; never had great support for discord anyways), so I created my own notification plugin for Discord and I thought I'd share it.

This plugin sends Rich notifications to Discord containing tons of information, including your server name, external links, cover art, mentions, and more!

https://i.memester.xyz/u/68r.png

https://i.memester.xyz/u/p0j.png

To help with any possible confusion, I've moved all new downloads to Github, the latest version, 1.1.1.2, can be found here: https://github.com/oonqt/Emby.Notifications.Discord/releases

If you would like to help translate this project into your native language, you can do so here: http://emby-discord-notifications.oneskyapp.com/ (Please leave a comment letting me know you've contributed so I can update the strings in the project)

Since we're not on the plugin catalog yet, if you want to get notified of new releases, either subscribe to notifications on this thread or enable Github notifications as shown here:

https://i.memester.xyz/u/tcm.gif

can    you post an example on how to step by step., i created a webhook on discord pointing to a channel, then uploaded your .dll file to the plugins directory on emby, that works fine, then went in and tried to put the discord webhook address and it says not a valid link,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, far as I can get

wonderwond
On 8/13/2023 at 6:37 PM, WDPR4100 said:

@Luke

The discord plugins work perfectly well, however, you can integrate the covers (cover of the films or series, etc.).

Screenshot 2023-08-14 00.34.46.png

can you explain how you got it to work ? show an example?

wonderwond
On 3/18/2020 at 1:09 AM, rechigo said:

I released a new version (1.0.2.1) with a couple improvements to the github: https://github.com/oonqt/Emby.Notifications.Discord/releases

All further releases will be held on the Github until we make it to the plugin catalog

any new versions ? the newest wont work

Edited by wonderwond

darkside40

Last Update in 2021 and the plugin developer was  last time online in mid 2022.

The changes made by @luke where only for compability to Emby 4.8.

So unless you can fix it by yourself or its a configuration issue youre out of luck.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, wonderwond said:

any new versions ? the newest wont work

What problem are you having exactly?

• Like 1

wonderwond

I created a webhook on my discord, https://discord.com/api/webhooks/1146603125562683392/jaBZzA1T8FicDuBKbzGnVcnziUFv0jLtnogfsJSZLz-x5urbieOWMfjGClUJVX36cAP_ copied the address for it, placed it inside the webhook section of emby,, all it does is say There was an error sending the webhook test message. Please check that the url you entered is correct and try again.

Edited by wonderwond

1 hour ago, wonderwond said:

I created a webhook on my discord, https://discord.com/api/webhooks/1146603125562683392/jaBZzA1T8FicDuBKbzGnVcnziUFv0jLtnogfsJSZLz-x5urbieOWMfjGClUJVX36cAP_ copied the address for it, placed it inside the webhook section of emby,, all it does is say There was an error sending the webhook test message. Please check that the url you entered is correct and try again.

Happy to help: 

Thanks.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:09 PM, kelly.clubb said:

This options needs to return to this plugin please. If you a drop a new series into your library and it has 100+ episodes it becomes an excessive amount of notifcations. As well as episodes snyopsis can sometimes be spoilerish so I prefer it just say a new episode was added to a series to not spoil the latest episodes of shows. 

On 8/13/2023 at 6:37 PM, WDPR4100 said:

@Luke

The discord plugins work perfectly well, however, you can integrate the covers (cover of the films or series, etc.).

Screenshot 2023-08-14 00.34.46.png

I'm also after this option to return to this plugin please.

Edited by BAS

can someone please share the link to this Discord plugin? I don't seem to see it in the Catalog and I had it in the past, but had issues with it and deleted it from the plugin folder.  Now every time I try to add a version of it for whatever reason Emby won't detect it.

13 minutes ago, Zerok said:

can someone please share the link to this Discord plugin? I don't seem to see it in the Catalog and I had it in the past, but had issues with it and deleted it from the plugin folder.  Now every time I try to add a version of it for whatever reason Emby won't detect it.

HI, for the 4.7 server it's in the first post of this page. The developer has only provided a github link, so you'll have to get it from there.

For the 4.8 beta server it's in the catalog.

25 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, for the 4.7 server it's in the first post of this page. The developer has only provided a github link, so you'll have to get it from there.

For the 4.8 beta server it's in the catalog.

Thanks Luke! Beta version worked however I am getting an error whenever I try sending a test message via webhooks. I'll keep messing with this.

DejaVu77
On 06/09/2023 at 18:30, Zerok said:

Thanks Luke! Beta version worked however I am getting an error whenever I try sending a test message via webhooks. I'll keep messing with this.

I had this too. Specify the "LabelWebhookUsername:" and the Test Notification should work. 

My issue is, I can send a Test Notification, it works great, but no new additions are being posted. 
Emby v4.8.0.39 beta
Discord Plugin v1.2.2.0

embyserver.txt

Edited by DejaVu77
Attaching the Log. :)

7 hours ago, DejaVu77 said:

I had this too. Specify the "LabelWebhookUsername:" and the Test Notification should work. 

My issue is, I can send a Test Notification, it works great, but no new additions are being posted. 
Emby v4.8.0.39 beta
Discord Plugin v1.2.2.0

embyserver.txt 522 kB · 2 downloads

Example?

22 hours ago, Luke said:

Example?

Turns out, my problem was with my own Linux system with iNotifiy and not enough Watchers. All sorted. 

Very much appreciate this plugin, but as others have mentioned, having the ability to include images, tvdbid link, link to the Emby entry and not so much of a spoiler in the content would be great.

(Dunno why I have 2x accounts here!) Haha

Edited by Deja-Vu
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, auroraemby said:

according to the github this project is dead.

Where does it say that? Anyway it doesn’t matter, we’ll continue to maintain it.