449 replies to this topic

#441 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3325 posts
  • Local time: 09:12 PM

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

Let me know if you run I to any issues :)

The app adds the capacity of all my drives to the capacity of my DrivePool Virtual Drive and reports nearly double my actual total capacity. Is there a way to have it not double count this space? Maybe this has already been reported?

#442 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 17673 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:54 PM

The app adds the capacity of all my drives to the capacity of my DrivePool Virtual Drive and reports nearly double my actual total capacity. Is there a way to have it not double count this space? Maybe this has already been reported?

Yes I mentioned it earlier.  You have a choice of showing all drives and pool, or disabling each drive or the pool itself.  Click the gear and deselect the drives you don't wish to see.

• chef likes this

#443 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15568 posts
  • Local time: 05:12 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted Yesterday, 04:27 AM

Why do you have your pool drives visible in Windows ?

I user DriveBender and I just have the virtual drive shown in Windows.

#444 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4392 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:35 AM

Why do you have your pool drives visible in Windows ?

I user DriveBender and I just have the virtual drive shown in Windows.

i was going to ask the same but the fact H2P also has this made me question myself
  • CBers likes this

#445 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15568 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted Yesterday, 04:52 AM

i was going to ask the same but the fact H2P also has this made me question myself

It's not good practice to have the underlying drives available in the OS, as who know what will access them and could then cause issues in the pool itself.

#446 PenkethBoy OFFLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted Yesterday, 04:53 AM

Drivepool - only shows the pool drive not the underlying drives

[edit] - not enough cofee this morning

i use mount points for my pool drives so they dont show up outside dp - i.e. not normal visible to apps or the plugin or windows explorer

Edited by PenkethBoy, Yesterday, 05:00 AM.

#447 Sammy OFFLINE  

Sammy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3325 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:30 AM

I was not aware that this causes issues. I use these drives for a few things not in the pool but there's really no practical reason to do so actually. That said, everything in the pool is in a separate hidden folder used by DrivePool. I suppose changing anything whatsoever in these folders could cause issues but it seems so long as one doesn't mess with those folders it won't cause issues. I'll research the documentation for DrivePool and find out. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

#448 PenkethBoy OFFLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 AM

changing the mount point and removing drive letters is possible - i think it would be fine - but not tested it in a long while

but if you do not need to - i would leave as is - as dp might lose a drive from the pool if you change to mount points - which would be an issue but easy enough to recover - but would be a PIA for a minor issue

#449 PenkethBoy OFFLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3759 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted Yesterday, 08:08 AM

Also Chef might find it hard to tell which is a pool drive and a real HDD - as the pool emulates a real drive

PS cant tell the difference - and it uses .net like emby does

#450 chef OFFLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4456 posts
  • Local time: 12:12 AM
  • LocationPeterborough, Canada

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 AM

You can uncheck the drives you don't want to show, and you can give drives an alias name.

Like Penkethboy mentioned, the initial data that is requested from the OS would show anything that looks like a partition. There didn't seem to be any parameters in the driveInfo object that eluded to separating drive pools from single drives.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users