Hello everybody and happy holidays,
I'm looking for a way to manually clear the metadata cache. I want that because the tvdb scrapper gets outdated (wrong) episode information (episode title, description, airdate, etc.) from cache based on the correct filenames. As it seems the scrapper refers to the S00E00 part of the filename and ignores the following episode title (e.g. "S03E14 - Zwei linke Hände.mp4"). The result is, that "S03E14 - Zwei linke Hände.mp4" is displayed as "Glaube versetzt Berge" which is S03E20.
I recently changed some information (episode numbers) in the tvdb database and verified that the API repsonses the new values.
In particular, I changed the episode numbers:
- from 14 to 20: https://thetvdb.com/...pisodes/6106291
- from 15 to 14: https://thetvdb.com/...pisodes/6179164
- from 16 to 15: https://thetvdb.com/...pisodes/6179166
- from 17 to 16: https://thetvdb.com/...pisodes/6179167
- from 18 to 17: https://thetvdb.com/...pisodes/6179168
- from 19 to 18: https://thetvdb.com/...pisodes/6218765
- from 20 to 19: https://thetvdb.com/...pisodes/6218772
I found a folder at /var/lib/emby/cache with several subfolders like "tmdb-movies" or "tvdb". Is it save to delete those folders without running into problems with?