Jump to content


Photo

How to clear metadata cache

metadata cache clear

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Loki93 OFFLINE  

Loki93

    Member

  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 12:02 AM

Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

Hello everybody and happy holidays,

 

I'm looking for a way to manually clear the metadata cache. I want that because the tvdb scrapper gets outdated (wrong) episode information (episode title, description, airdate, etc.) from cache based on the correct filenames. As it seems the scrapper refers to the S00E00 part of the filename and ignores the following episode title (e.g. "S03E14 - Zwei linke Hände.mp4"). The result is, that "S03E14 - Zwei linke Hände.mp4" is displayed as "Glaube versetzt Berge" which is S03E20.

 

I recently changed some information (episode numbers) in the tvdb database and verified that the API repsonses the new values.

 

In particular, I changed the episode numbers:

I found a folder at /var/lib/emby/cache with several subfolders like "tmdb-movies" or "tvdb". Is it save to delete those folders without running into problems with?

 

Cheers

Lok1

 



#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

    System Architect

  • Administrators
  • 157215 posts
  • Local time: 06:02 PM

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hi, yes it is safe to delete them.



#3 Loki93 OFFLINE  

Loki93

    Member

  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Local time: 12:02 AM

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:57 PM

Thanks :)

 

I just noticed one thing:

 

The received metadata for absolute order is correct while that one for official order is still outdated.

 

Here is the output from the downloaded xml-files of the particular episode:

 cat tvdb/291180/episode-abs-98.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Episode><id>6179164</id><Combined_episodenumber>15</Combined_episodenumber><Combined_season>3</Combined_season><DVD_chapter>0</DVD_chapter><DVD_discid></DVD_discid><DVD_episodenumber>0</DVD_episodenumber><DVD_season>0</DVD_season><Director></Director><EpImgFlag></EpImgFlag><EpisodeName>Zwei linke Hände</EpisodeName><EpisodeNumber>15</EpisodeNumber><FirstAired>2017-07-06</FirstAired><GuestStars></GuestStars><IMDB_ID></IMDB_ID><Language>de</Language><Overview>

 

cat tvdb/291180/episode-3-14.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Episode><id>6106291</id><Combined_episodenumber>14</Combined_episodenumber><Combined_season>3</Combined_season><DVD_chapter>0</DVD_chapter><DVD_discid></DVD_discid><DVD_episodenumber>0</DVD_episodenumber><DVD_season>0</DVD_season><Director></Director><EpImgFlag></EpImgFlag><EpisodeName>Glaube versetzt Berge</EpisodeName><EpisodeNumber>14</EpisodeNumber><FirstAired>2017-06-15</FirstAired><GuestStars></GuestStars><IMDB_ID></IMDB_ID><Language>de</Language><Overview>

 

This is confusing because the tvdb website assignes

"Official Order / Season 3 / Episode 14" to "Absolute Order / Season 1 / Episode 98" like here: https://www.thetvdb....pisodes/6179164 and

"Official Order / Season 3 / Episode 20" to "Absolute Order / Season 1 / Episode 104" like here: https://www.thetvdb....pisodes/6106291

 

I don't know if this is still related to embyserver or if it is more related to tvdb itself. I think emby tries to scrappe them from imdb instead of tvdb, because the assigned tvdb ID is correct, but the one from imdb is wrong (wherever this information comes from).


Edited by Loki93, 26 December 2019 - 04:57 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metadata, cache, clear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users