External Connection for my Computer Times Out

SEGACD32XMODEL1

SEGACD32XMODEL1

I am having trouble accessing my Emby server from outside my network.

I have opened ports on router and Windows firewall.

Is it my computer not being up to specs?

The computer specs:

AMD Vision CPU

Toshiba Satellite

All Realtek Drivers

Please and Thank you!

I tested externally and with canyouseeme.org which comes with a timed out message

Yes and our document above goes through a number of things for you to check. Thanks.

SEGACD32XMODEL1

Test Your External Address

The easiest way to test your external address, is to open it in a web browser while away from home, or inside your home using a smart phone or tablet with the wifi connection turned off.

Important: Testing your external address inside your home might not work, and this is OK. Some internet routers disable loopback capabilities (going out and coming back in), therefore you might not be able to test this from inside your home network. It's important that you test away from home, or with your smart phone or tablet's wifi connection turned off.

If the external address works in a browser, then you're good to go, and can proceed with connecting from Emby apps.

Setup Port Forwarding

If you're still unable to connect after testing the above, then you may need to setup port forwarding with your router to allow external connectivity to your Emby Server.

To do this, you'll need to open the web interface for your router, and forward TCP Port 8096 on your router to port 8096 on the Emby Server machine.

The process of doing this will be slightly different for each router model. Here is a good step by step guide on how to do this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-Port-Forwarding-on-a-Router

This Youtube video also explains it pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp-R-eHiQco

Verify Public Port

To test that your public port is accessible over the internet, try testing it from canyouseeme.org

If this test does not succeed, then it's an indication that your router is blocking the traffic and may need additional configuration.

Ok I'm trying to help you, but with each question I ask you're responding with only a couple words and not a whole lot of detail.

Happy2Play

Do you have more then one router (possible double nat)?  Could you be on a CGNAT from your ISP?

Guest asrequested

VPN turning off does not matter

When you turned it off, did you restart the server? You need to do that so the IP gets corrected. And depending on how you implement the VPN, you may need to restart the machine. You keep saying everything is setup correctly, but obviously something isn't. You need to provide details of your configuration. If it worked before, but doesn't now, then something has changed. Has your IP changed? Maybe your router re-assigned the IP to another device. Rebooting the machine and checking the IPs is what you would need to do.

Happy2Play

My Antivirus blocked the port and now I fixed that. He should put that tip on the wiki.

But it already does.

If you're using third party firewall software, you'll need to follow it's instructions to open the port. Note: If you're using third party antivirus software such as Norton Internet Security, it will most likely have it's own firewall that will need to be configured.

• Like 1