#1 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Local time: 12:44 AM

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

I was looking at this post https://emby.media/c...ith-emby-users/

And noticed that not only am I missing the "Content Access" section on my user management panel. I am missing "Channel Access"

Is this something that is just being posted as a preview for a future release?

Channel Access restrictions would be very useful as I have multiple users and only 3 tuners and am looking to restrict specific users to specific live tv channel access in order to keep necessary tuners available and concentrate other users towards a single tuner.

I've posted a feature request for this at some point before, but at the time the only solution was to use parental controls to restrict channel access. But I am looking for something more specific.

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

Hi.  "Channel" in that context is not an individual live TV channel.  It is an Emby "Channel" plug-in - like Trailers.  That option may only show if you have one of these installed.

• mtait4893 likes this

#3 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:34 PM

Hi.  "Channel" in that context is not an individual live TV channel.  It is an Emby "Channel" plug-in - like Trailers.  That option may only show if you have one of these installed.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Is there such feature planned or considered for a future release to manually manage specific channel access within the TV guide for live TV?

#4 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:49 PM

Potentially.

You should be able to control channel visibility with parental controls now though.

#5 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

I'll poke around. So far it looks like its only a blanket parental control across all content where I am just trying to limit access to only a few specific channels on the guide and don't want to cause issues with the library content.

But count this is my feature request  :)

Appreciate all the work you guys do!

#6 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:25 PM

I'll poke around. So far it looks like its only a blanket parental control across all content where I am just trying to limit access to only a few specific channels on the guide and don't want to cause issues with the library content.

But count this is my feature request  :)

Appreciate all the work you guys do!

Go to a channel in the web app that you'd like to block for someone.  Get the page with the option to play, mark favorite and more.  Select more and edit metadata.

Add a tag - say... "block".

Now go to user configuration in the server dashboard and bring up the Parental Controls on a user that you don't want to see this channel and fill in "block" in the block content with this tag field.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: channel access, content access, channel, content, access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users