#221 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4785 posts
  • Local time: 02:53 PM

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:28 PM

Exactly and there going to know

yes clearly you are the oracle on such matters. You’ve definitely displayed it so far

#222 SHSPVR OFFLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Local time: 08:53 AM
  • LocationVinita, Oklahoma

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:39 PM

yes clearly you are the oracle on such matters. You’ve definitely displayed it so far

LoL no I not fan of Oracle and there chicken shit bull carp that Larry pull with Java even know I have old Jr High buddy that work there.

#223 Sammy ONLINE  

Sammy

Beta Tester

• Members
  • 3583 posts
  • Local time: 06:53 AM

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

Come on guys. Stop the flaming and personal ad hominem attacks. It is unbecoming of the Emby Community to act in such a manner, especially in MY THREAD!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

#224 Guest_asrequested_* OFFLINE  

Guest_asrequested_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:46 PM

For online backup, I would have thought backblaze is about the best solution. Only $6/month for unlimited storage.
  • SHSPVR likes this

#225 SHSPVR OFFLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:51 PM

For online backup, I would have thought backblaze is about the best solution. Only $6/month for unlimited storage.

Yes that more like and even state Unlimited Data

#226 lightsout OFFLINE  

lightsout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

Come on guys. Stop the flaming and personal ad hominem attacks. It is unbecoming of the Emby Community to act in such a manner, especially in MY THREAD!

For real was about to say the same thing. The google thing is a loophole and not certain. No need to berate someone that didn't understand or doesn't want to use it.

#227 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4785 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

you guys.... :)  let me know if you want any more straws to clutch at.

you should read up on the downsides to backblaze before jumping to say anything that you think can contradict me. and as for the "beration", perhaps if you know nothing about the topic at hand and you want advice, its probably best not to repeatedly tell the adviser, that is already doing what you want to do, that they are wrong

#228 SHSPVR OFFLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

you guys.... :)  let me know if you want any more straws to clutch at.

you should read up on the downsides to backblaze before jumping to say anything that you think can contradict me. and as for the "beration", perhaps if you know nothing about the topic at hand and you want advice, its probably best not to repeatedly tell the adviser, that is already doing what you want to do, that they are wrong

Do tell what are the downsides to backblaze

#229 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4785 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:53 PM

Do tell what are the

downsides to backblaze

try reading for yourself. I don’t need the hassle of explaining to people who think they already know

#230 Guest_asrequested_* OFFLINE  

Guest_asrequested_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

try reading for yourself. I don’t need the hassle of explaining to people who think they already know

You should be kicked out of these forums. All you do is run your mouth, insult people, and when you're asked to explain suggestions/comments you make, you just give attitude.

#231 PenkethBoy OFFLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4312 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

wow lots of people who have not been on the internet before have turned up today for some reason

• CBers and SHSPVR like this

#232 SHSPVR OFFLINE  

SHSPVR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:58 PM

But I want your ver of this if have used it.

I have read a few review even listen to Linus Sebastian at Linus Tech Tips and must of what was petty good.

The must con I read so far are

1 "Backblaze simple functions limit it as just a simple computer backup service" I though that was the whole point

2 "Subscription is limited to one computer per account only" Big deal
3 "If you are using a private password and you forgot it, the data in your subscription is permanently locked without any chance for retrieval" Lean keep offline backup copy password datebase I do
4 "Previous versions of your file only last up to 30 days before it is erased" I not sure why this a big deal
5 "Mobile applications cannot be used to sync files with your account" There an easy solution here copy the stuff over to that computer problem solved 

I personal would used them if it wasn't for my ISP darn data cap so I have make 2nd copy backup on other older drives, In fact I in process of build a new server box plus add 8 new drive over course of this year one at time at lease the plan but thing can happing all take one thing to go wrong.

Edited by SHSPVR, 20 February 2020 - 07:00 PM.

• Sammy likes this

#233 Sammy ONLINE  

Sammy

Beta Tester

• Members
  • 3583 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

@SHSPVR

Thanks for taking the high road.

#234 lightsout OFFLINE  

lightsout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:23 PM

I have also heard people be wary of backblaze. This was over at
r/datahoarder
  • Spaceboy likes this

#235 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4785 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

You should be kicked out of these forums. All you do is run your mouth, insult people, and when you're asked to explain suggestions/comments you make, you just give attitude.

ah well, it looks like i'm not the only one that doesnt give a shiny poop what you think

anyway, you've bored me sufficiently for this encounter. bye!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CLOSED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users