Help me spend some money!

Sammy

First off the only thing I would even be interested in backing up is some documents and family photos. The rest is not really of great concern. Right now I have that I am concerned with on two separate drives, one in the DrivePool, the other on a separate drive not in the pool. Secondly, I was talking to my son (Director of Network Security at a Major Research Hospital in SoCal) and he was mentioning 50% Parity so for 40Tb, I'd need another 20Tb of HDD's..

Jdiesel

First off the only thing I would even be interested in backing up is some documents and family photos. The rest is not really of great concern. Right now I have that I am concerned with on two separate drives, one in the DrivePool, the other on a separate drive not in the pool. Secondly, I was talking to my son (Director of Network Security at a Major Research Hospital in SoCal) and he was mentioning 50% Parity so for 40Tb, I'd need another 20Tb of HDD's..

The would depend on the type of RAID you do. Something like unRAID and possibly the Windows options (sorry I'm not familiar with them) can operate in something similar to RAID4 where the parity only needs to be the equivalent of the single largest drive in the array. 

Spaceboy

Yeah I have 40tb with 32 available. But I can lose a drive and no lose any data. I ran "naked" for a decade and finally wanted some protection. It was hard to swallow at first having a whole drive unusable but I like the piece of mind.

I have looked into cloud but its pretty pricey and with the slow upload that Spectrum offers my network would be saturated quite often, not sure how long it would take to initially get the stuff uploaded.

Plus if your putting copyrighted stuff on a commercial server there is a bit of a concern potentially. I don't care for the stuff I've ripped, but other things...

cloud is not pricey. Sign up for a gdrive for business account and you get unlimited storage. Use rclone to back up encrypted. Only downside is for me upload speeds are slow. I’m about halfway through my 140tb library

cloud is not pricey. Sign up for a gdrive for business account and you get unlimited storage. Use rclone to back up encrypted. Only downside is for me upload speeds are slow. I’m about halfway through my 140tb library

Care to share? LOL

• Like 1

lightsout

With snapraid the drive parity just needs to be as big as the largest drive. I personally want to have a parity drive for every 4 drives. But it can do more.

I understand not being worried about backups. But I have been collecting for years and would hate to have to replace a lot of random old movies.

SHSPVR

With Gdrive it $1 for every 25GB + $8 per user it not unlimited that should around $568 per mouth with you 140tb library

Spaceboy

With Gdrive it $1 for every 25GB + $8 per user it not unlimited that should around $568 per mouth with you 140tb library

read more carefully

SHSPVR

wrong

What is Google Suite ?: An integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps. It includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Meet and more.

What is Google Drive ?: Keep photos, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos, and more.

Spaceboy

What is Google Suite ?: An integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps. It includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Meet and more.

What is Google Drive ?: Keep photos, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos, and more.

well you can copy and paste. reading still an issue clearly

• Like 1

Jdiesel

They aren't currently enforcing the 5 user minimum for gsuite but at any moment Google could decide to start locking you out from your data unless you are willing to pay for an additional 4 users.

• Like 1

How much storage do I get with Drive?

G Suite’s Basic edition has 30GB of storage per user shared across Drive and Gmail. G Suite’s Business and Enterprise editions have unlimited storage (accounts with fewer than 5 users get 1TB per user). You can upload any type of file to Drive and convert certain file types to a Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides format.

Do you have a legacy plan or is it something else?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

They aren't currently enforcing the 5 user minimum for gsuite but at any moment Google could decide to start locking you out from your data unless you are willing to pay for an additional 4 users.

Now I understand. Thanks.

Spaceboy

they could. I’ve been doing it for 18 months though. It’s cost me less than $150 in your money in that time so I’m getting value from it

SHSPVR

Exactly and there going to know

Spaceboy

Exactly and there going to know

yes clearly you are the oracle on such matters. You’ve definitely displayed it so far

SHSPVR

yes clearly you are the oracle on such matters. You’ve definitely displayed it so far

LoL no I not fan of Oracle and there chicken shit bull carp that Larry pull with Java even know I have old Jr High buddy that work there.

Come on guys. Stop the flaming and personal ad hominem attacks. It is unbecoming of the Emby Community to act in such a manner, especially in MY THREAD!

SHSPVR

For online backup, I would have thought backblaze is about the best solution. Only $6/month for unlimited storage.

Yes that more like and even state Unlimited Data