I do not know how development team would refer to each one but... when playing music there is:
- One screen containing controls to the music being played along with current queue on form of horizontal track listing below controls.
(this one I would refer to as the "Queue Screen")
- Another screen wich is not possibly invoked by the remote control. It will, instead, be shown after some inactivity time. This screen also contains info on track being played but no info on queue.
(this would be the "Now playing" screen)
So regarding "Queue Screen":
- It currently has two areas and scrolls vertically. One area presents media playing controls and the other shows a horizontal listing of playing queue tracks;
- On my device (Sony/AndroidTV/4k) occurs a vertical scroll when cursor goes from one area to other. I do not know if it works this way on all devices but I see no reason why there should be vertical scroll at all: there are lots of space and some minor adjustments will make both areas to show at once. Minor adjustments such as:
- Removing the "Current queue" title shown above horizontal track listing (see no reason as to why to keep it there);
- Presenting media controls area and album image with 90% of their current sizes;
- Presenting track icons on the second ares with 90% of their current sizes.
- There are currently no means as to skip forward or backwards on a track being played using hard buttons from remote control. Only Previous/Next buttons are functional. Rew and FF hard buttons results are the same as Previous/Next. Tried to skip using Emby's remote from the smartphone Android app but it will also not work. So I see currently no way to fast forward or rewind a given track being played at all.
- On the first area (media control) the interface presents a button as to reorder queue. As I am running Brazilian Portuguese version, I could not see the actual name it has on the English version. This button suffles current queue. It seems that:
- After shuffling, new queue is not displayed on the interface. User has to reach other screen (back button or else) and then come back to see new track order;
- It would better shuffle only future itens keeping current and already played tracks just as they are;
- After shuffling it currently presents a dialogue box asking if the shuffled result should be added or if it should replace the current queue. I see no scenario to the first option. You just shuffled queued itens. Is there any scenario as to keep the current queue order and add all the same shuffled tracks to it's end?
- I wonder if development team already has plans but when cursor comes down to the second area, there could be some sort of fine manual reordering enabled by longpressing "Ok" hard button on a track and then moving it to left or to right.
- Pressing "Ok" hard button on any track listed on the second area currently presents three choices (Play from here, Remove from Queue and Toggle favorite). I would suggest adding "Goto AlbumArtist" and "Goto Album" choices.
- There is a "Repeat toggle" interface button. It's function is sole to repeat the current track? I would suggest the most common three state repeat mechanism: off, repeat current track, repeat all queue.
- It occurs the same AlbumArtist/TrackArtist issue mentioned here and here.