I do not know how development team would refer to each one but... when playing music there is:
- One screen containing controls to the music being played along with current queue on form of horizontal track listing below controls.
(this one I would refer to as the "Queue Screen")
- Another screen wich is not possibly invoked by the remote control. It will, instead, be shown after some inactivity time. This screen also contains info on track being played but no info on queue.
(this would be the "Now playing" screen)
So regarding "Now Playing" screen:
- Beautiful screen, good useful info being displayed. It is a real improvement from Chromecast's approach I was used to;
- How this screen is invoked: There is currently no way to invoke this screen. Emby app will call it after some inactivity time but only if user was on the "Queue Screen". If app is left inactive on any other screen while still playing, inactivity time will lead to AndroidTV's default screen saver. I would suggest that, during playback:
- This "Now Playing" screen to be shown after inactivity on any Emby app screen;
- Similarly to the "Queue Screen" thumbnail shown on other screens during playback, there could be a "Now Playing" thumbnail that would only be shown on the "Queue Screen". This would allow the user to start it any time.
- Artist name is shown on upper left area. Problem here is that artist name shown is probably the "first row" from the result set app got querying server about TrackArtists. As already mentioned here, it would better show all AlbumArtists or all TrackArtists. (this is the only "real problem" on this screen)
- Still regarding artist name: for AlbumArtists with a logo image I would also suggest app should prefer showing AlbumArtist's logo instead of name;
- Background slideshow: Really beautiful. And it is a very good feature that it toggles from all AlbumArtist's background images when the Album being played has no background image. If the album has a background image, though, slideshow will stick to it and there will be no togglin if album has just one background image. I would suggest the slideshow image selection would always include all album artist background images as well as background images from all TrackArtists.