Jump to content

EmbyCon Kodi add-on


TeamB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

My nvidia shield updated Kodi to Matrix beta 1 and now i cant play anything from the main movies/tv shows etc menus.

 

I've updated embycon to v1.10.6

 

When i opened Kodi v18 previously a small box would come up saying 'connected to emby' which doesnt happen anymore. I can still see all of the video libraries but when i try and play something nothing happens.

If i go into the plugin and manually navigate to emby libraries - movies or tv shows then i can play things, but cant seem to do it from the main kodi menus.

 

Any ideas? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybe a stupid question - but how can I show all my libaries on the main screen (movies/tv shows) when I am using Embycon only ? Because I didn't find the trick, I used always the Embruary skin (which is also nice but not yet available for Kodi 19)

Edited by laola
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB
1 hour ago, tixx said:

Hi,

My nvidia shield updated Kodi to Matrix beta 1 and now i cant play anything from the main movies/tv shows etc menus.

 

I've updated embycon to v1.10.6

 

When i opened Kodi v18 previously a small box would come up saying 'connected to emby' which doesnt happen anymore. I can still see all of the video libraries but when i try and play something nothing happens.

If i go into the plugin and manually navigate to emby libraries - movies or tv shows then i can play things, but cant seem to do it from the main kodi menus.

 

Any ideas? Thanks

EmbyCon does not sync items to the local kodi database so you will not be able to use the standard movie and TV nodes.

You can try the clone skin action in the addon main menu, there is a video showing it in the first post.

This will clone the default skin and add some movie and TV episode nodes to the home screen menus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB
25 minutes ago, laola said:

maybe a stupid question - but how can I show all my libaries on the main screen (movies/tv shows) when I am using Embycon only ? Because I didn't find the trick, I used always the Embruary skin (which is also nice but not yet available for Kodi 19)

Try the clone skin action in the EmbyCon menu, there is a video of it in action in the first post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
MeowingTree

Hi, where can I find embycons error log? Keeps randomly not working and telling me to check the error log, but there's nothing in the servers logs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

laola
On 11/27/2020 at 1:06 PM, TeamB said:

Try the clone skin action in the EmbyCon menu, there is a video of it in action in the first post.

I did this - but then the skin is pretty ugly and i.e. can't be used for LiveTV anymore (at least I didn't find the right menues).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB

@laola

Yes the base skin is not for everyone, it is simple and gets the job done.

From what I hear the Embuary skin may be updated for Kodi 19 but I am not sure when that will happen.

This is usually the case for new versions of Kodi, when a new version comes out it can take some time for skins to catch up, Kodi 19 is a big change with the switch from Python2 to Python3 for all add-ons so it will take some time for all add-ons and skins to be updated and released for the new version.

Plus Kodi 19 is still in Beta, when it hits release candidate or it may even take until it hits release this time due to the Python3 changes for everything to catch up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

laola

Thanks for your omments.

Then I just can paitently wait for a release of the Embuary skin - no big deal since I don't need to change to Kodi 19 (except my nature to want to have always the latest and greatest ;-))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Myboredlife

Just wondering, is there way for EmbyCon to use the backgrounds for screensaver from the emby server? or only what it cache within kodi? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB

There is an EmbyCon screen saver addon, it should be available in the repo. Which version of Kodi are you using 18 or 19?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myboredlife
On 11/26/2020 at 6:37 PM, TeamB said:

The address of your Emby server.

 

Edited by Myboredlife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myboredlife
3 hours ago, TeamB said:

There is an EmbyCon screen saver addon, it should be available in the repo. Which version of Kodi are you using 18 or 19?

18

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB

Version 18 of Kodi should already have the EmbyCon screen saver available.

Look in the "Look and Feel -> Screensavers" area of the Emby repo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myboredlife

I have it.. where is it getting the photos from? and is there anyway to disable or change the look of the "movie title" that is at bottom of screen saver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB

It gets all movie and TV show backdrops from emby.

There is no settings for the addon, what do you want to change?

You could edit the xml file that is used to display the screensaver pic, its in the addon screensaver.embycon path under kodi files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
LuruiLove7V
On 3/28/2021 at 9:24 AM, TeamB said:

Version 18 of Kodi should already have the EmbyCon screen saver available.

Look in the "Look and Feel -> Screensavers" area of the Emby repo

I tried this plugin, it's not bad, but it seems take tens of seconds to if you want to quit from screensaver.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB
9 hours ago, LuruiLove7V said:

I tried this plugin, it's not bad, but it seems take tens of seconds to if you want to quit from screensaver.

That is unexpected, what version of kodi are you using?

The screensaver code is super simple:

https://github.com/faush01/screensaver.embycon/blob/master/default.py

It will try to wait for the change user dialog from EmbyCon if you have that setting in EmbyCon set to change user on screen saver dismiss.

What do you see when you try to dismiss the screen saver by pressing a button, does it show you the closing message?

Do you have the show user dialog setting set in EmbyCon enabled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LuruiLove7V
13 hours ago, TeamB said:

That is unexpected, what version of kodi are you using?

The screensaver code is super simple:

https://github.com/faush01/screensaver.embycon/blob/master/default.py

It will try to wait for the change user dialog from EmbyCon if you have that setting in EmbyCon set to change user on screen saver dismiss.

What do you see when you try to dismiss the screen saver by pressing a button, does it show you the closing message?

Do you have the show user dialog setting set in EmbyCon enabled?

Kodi 18.9.0

EmbyCon 1.9.106

I already disable the change user dialog option, so no prompt when dismiss screen saver.

It just show "closing" at the bottom of a black screen.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB

It looks like it is still waiting for the select user dialog even though you have that disabled, i will run some tests to see if i can duplicate the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

serpi

Same her, this is the reason, I'm not using that screensaver.

I'm using LibreElec 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9) on i386 hardware with Embuary skin..

Change user dialog in EmbyCon screensaver settings is also disabled.

Where can I find that filem so that I can comment out the lines?

Ciao Alfred

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Myboredlife

I was using the screensaver for little while then changed to use slideshow one with my own pics saved on hardrive.. cause got tired of the not many of 4k img so they did not look good on my 4k tv.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TeamB
2 hours ago, serpi said:

Same her, this is the reason, I'm not using that screensaver.

I'm using LibreElec 9.2.6 (Kodi 18.9) on i386 hardware with Embuary skin..

Change user dialog in EmbyCon screensaver settings is also disabled.

Where can I find that filem so that I can comment out the lines?

Ciao Alfred

It you are not using the EmbyCon screen saver then you will not have the above files. Also if you are not using the the EmbyCon screen saver you should not see the clossing message as it is only the screen saver that displays that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...