EmbyCon Kodi add-on

TeamB

rodainas

Hi @TeamB , I have a question:

Its possible for you to add on the "Next Up" lists, a partially played first episode of any given tvshow and partially played special independently if it has displayseason displayepisode? (I ask because it will be more similar to what emby shows on the "Continue Watching" home section).

Images to clear things up:

"Continue Watching" on emby web client:

The items in question here are:

Loki S1 E1 = partially played and first episode from tv show

Attack on Titan Special = partially played special with no displayseason displayepisode tag

embyweb.PNG

The "Next Up" List from embycon:

The workaround to have them show up on my kodi homescreen was adding the "In Progress Episodes" list as a widget, but then I have any other partially played item there that is not a first episode or a special like a real next up episode, so it can be redundant/repetitive.

embycon2.PNG

Edited by rodainas
TeamB
14 hours ago, amb13 said:

Is this something you can add to the add-on? Would be hard to always have to add in manually.

Do you have any clue why it would act so strange when I add the refresh token to the pluginpath?

You might need to URL encode the refresh param like all the other params are

plugin://plugin.video.embycon/
?url=%7Bserver%7D/emby/Shows/NextUp%3FParentId%3Dbc3a7d1d3dac1f10e170387270df67fa%26Fields%3D%7Bfield_filters%7D%26ImageTypeLimit%3D1%26IsMissing%3DFalse%26IncludeItemTypes%3DEpisode%26Recursive%3DTrue%26format%3Djson%26Limit%3D%7BItemLimit%7D%26Userid%3D%7Buserid%7D%26SortBy%3DDateCreated%26SortOrder%3DDescending%26Filters%3DIsNotFolder%26Legacynextup%3Dtrue
&mode=GET_CONTENT
&media_type=Episodes
&sort=none
&name_format=Episode%7Cepisode_name_format
&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload)]

From This:
&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload)]

To This
&reload=%24INFO%5BWindow%28Home%29.Property%28plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload%29%5D

TeamB
12 hours ago, rodainas said:

Hi @TeamB , I have a question:

Its possible for you to add on the "Next Up" lists, a partially played first episode of any given tvshow and partially played special independently if it has displayseason displayepisode? (I ask because it will be more similar to what emby shows on the "Continue Watching" home section).

Images to clear things up:

"Continue Watching" on emby web client:

The items in question here are:

Loki S1 E1 = partially played and first episode from tv show

Attack on Titan Special = partially played special with no displayseason displayepisode tag

embyweb.PNG

The "Next Up" List from embycon:

The workaround to have them show up on my kodi homescreen was adding the "In Progress Episodes" list as a widget, but then I have any other partially played item there that is not a first episode or a special like a real next up episode, so it can be redundant/repetitive.

embycon2.PNG

It looks like the Emby Web client has switch to using a brand new API endpoint:

/emby/Users/{user_id}/Items/Resume

EmbyCon does not use this at all.

I think this all goes back to this discussion here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/93221-4609-merging-continue-watching-next-up/

There was a lot of back and forward with that topic, I asked in the thread if this meant clients would need to change but got no response.

The current way it works in EmbyCon is the way it always has, I am not sure I want to change it to be honest as change usually causes more problems than it is worth and I am used to it the way it is now.

I may add a custom node creation tool to allow people to add their own filtering/sorting etc for custom widgets, I will look into this and see if this sort of thing would help in this situation. Being able to create you own widget query to the server specifying your own criteria might solve this for uses with specific needs.

• Thanks 1
rodainas
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

It looks like the Emby Web client has switch to using a brand new API endpoint:

/emby/Users/{user_id}/Items/Resume

EmbyCon does not use this at all.

I think this all goes back to this discussion here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/93221-4609-merging-continue-watching-next-up/

There was a lot of back and forward with that topic, I asked in the thread if this meant clients would need to change but got no response.

The current way it works in EmbyCon is the way it always has, I am not sure I want to change it to be honest as change usually causes more problems than it is worth and I am used to it the way it is now.

I may add a custom node creation tool to allow people to add their own filtering/sorting etc for custom widgets, I will look into this and see if this sort of thing would help in this situation. Being able to create you own widget query to the server specifying your own criteria might solve this for uses with specific needs.

Thank you for the clear explanation, really appreciate it.

amb13
5 hours ago, TeamB said:

You might need to URL encode the refresh param like all the other params are

plugin://plugin.video.embycon/
?url=%7Bserver%7D/emby/Shows/NextUp%3FParentId%3Dbc3a7d1d3dac1f10e170387270df67fa%26Fields%3D%7Bfield_filters%7D%26ImageTypeLimit%3D1%26IsMissing%3DFalse%26IncludeItemTypes%3DEpisode%26Recursive%3DTrue%26format%3Djson%26Limit%3D%7BItemLimit%7D%26Userid%3D%7Buserid%7D%26SortBy%3DDateCreated%26SortOrder%3DDescending%26Filters%3DIsNotFolder%26Legacynextup%3Dtrue
&mode=GET_CONTENT
&media_type=Episodes
&sort=none
&name_format=Episode%7Cepisode_name_format

From This:

To This
&reload=%24INFO%5BWindow%28Home%29.Property%28plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload%29%5D

Thanks, tried this and this did not work at all now.

When I go and add a widget to a link in embycon in my skin. Is that created link something embycon controlls? Could you add a refresh token to that, or are we stuck on the mercy of the script?

TeamB
11 minutes ago, amb13 said:

Thanks, tried this and this did not work at all now.

When I go and add a widget to a link in embycon in my skin. Is that created link something embycon controlls? Could you add a refresh token to that, or are we stuck on the mercy of the script?

yeah ok, looking at this again it looks like you dont need to url encode the text.

The add-on links under the add-on main menu are controlled by the add-on so I may be able to add something however I dont know if it will help as you have pointed out the content changes. I would need to test this when I get time.

amb13
1 hour ago, TeamB said:

yeah ok, looking at this again it looks like you dont need to url encode the text.

The add-on links under the add-on main menu are controlled by the add-on so I may be able to add something however I dont know if it will help as you have pointed out the content changes. I would need to test this when I get time.

OK. Thanks

If you want to take a look at it I got it to work as I want it to with this:

plugin://plugin.video.embycon/?url=%7Bserver%7D/emby/Shows/NextUp%3FParentId%3Dbc3a7d1d3dac1f10e170387270df67fa%26Fields%3D%7Bfield_filters%7D%26ImageTypeLimit%3D1%26IsMissing%3DFalse%26IncludeItemTypes%3DEpisode%26Recursive%3DTrue%26format%3Djson%26Limit%3D%7BItemLimit%7D%26Userid%3D%7Buserid%7D%26SortBy%3DDateCreated%26SortOrder%3DDescending%26Filters%3DIsNotFolder%26Legacynextup%3Dtrue&mode=WIDGET_CONTENT&type=nextup_episodes&sort=none&name_format=Episode%7Cepisode_name_format&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload)]",return)

Istead of:

plugin://plugin.video.embycon/?url=%7Bserver%7D/emby/Shows/NextUp%3FParentId%3Dbc3a7d1d3dac1f10e170387270df67fa%26Fields%3D%7Bfield_filters%7D%26ImageTypeLimit%3D1%26IsMissing%3DFalse%26IncludeItemTypes%3DEpisode%26Recursive%3DTrue%26format%3Djson%26Limit%3D%7BItemLimit%7D%26Userid%3D%7Buserid%7D%26SortBy%3DDateCreated%26SortOrder%3DDescending%26Filters%3DIsNotFolder%26Legacynextup%3Dtrue&mode=GET_CONTENT&media_type=Episodes&sort=none&name_format=Episode%7Cepisode_name_format&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload)]

Using mode=WIDGET_CONTET  and type=nextup_episodes instead of GET_CONTENT and media_type=Episodes as in estuary (embycon)

Though I'm not sure I didn't  ruin some other function with this.