New Sonos Plugin

Luke

secondoldguy
6 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

no, you can't manage groups in emby - only use those already set up in the sonos app

Thanks

secondoldguy

And yet another. When I look at home on windows I do not see what is currently playing through the Sonos plug in. Is there a way to add that or am i missing something?

image.png.7195c854f2cd22790d62097dcfcba032.png

seanbuff
34 minutes ago, secondoldguy said:

When I look at home on windows I do not see what is currently playing through the Sonos plug in.

From the Emby device that you casted to your Sonos speakers, you should see a Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.

Otherwise, you can see what is currently playing on the Dashboard screen

3 hours ago, secondoldguy said:

And yet another. When I look at home on windows I do not see what is currently playing through the Sonos plug in. Is there a way to add that or am i missing something?

image.png.7195c854f2cd22790d62097dcfcba032.png

Have you selected the device for remote control using the Play On button in the header?

secondoldguy
On 1/8/2023 at 3:14 PM, seanbuff said:

From the Emby device that you casted to your Sonos speakers, you should see a Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.

Otherwise, you can see what is currently playing on the Dashboard screen

Just to make sure that I understand, if I am not the user that started the playback I cannot see what is playing. Of course you can on the dashboard but I would not want all users to have access that functionality.

Spaceboy

you can - you just need to remote control the player by selecting it from the remote play menu at top right, then if you click the remote play button again you should be able to get a now playing screen

secondoldguy
54 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

you can - you just need to remote control the player by selecting it from the remote play menu at top right, then if you click the remote play button again you should be able to get a now playing screen

I think I followed the directions but do not see what is playing. 

image.png

Spaceboy
20 minutes ago, secondoldguy said:

I think I followed the directions but do not see what is playing. 

image.png

but you've started that from the sonos app, right?

secondoldguy
22 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

but you've started that from the sonos app, right?

No it was started from Emby but it shows up in the Sonos app.

• 2 months later...
mholin

I'm not able to playback any of my music (neither flac or older mp3) on my sonos device.

This was working in former times, but not now.

My sonos is listed as available output device in emby (beside some chromecast I own).

I have sonos plugin 1.0.17.0

Is there something to configure, what I missed?

bye Michael

12 hours ago, mholin said:

I'm not able to playback any of my music (neither flac or older mp3) on my sonos device.

This was working in former times, but not now.

My sonos is listed as available output device in emby (beside some chromecast I own).

I have sonos plugin 1.0.17.0

Is there something to configure, what I missed?

bye Michael

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

mholin

Luke,

after upgrading to Sonos Plugin 1.0.18.0 everything is fine again.

thanks for the good karma to release this update in time 😄

Michael

• Thanks 1

Is there a possibility to add the resume function for audiobooks to the Sonos plugin?

When I try to start a book at a resume position, it simply starts at the beginning and it doesn't remember the position when it stops.

It would be great if that could be added.

Best regards Andreas

3 hours ago, mr.os said:

Is there a possibility to add the resume function for audiobooks to the Sonos plugin?

When I try to start a book at a resume position, it simply starts at the beginning and it doesn't remember the position when it stops.

It would be great if that could be added.

Best regards Andreas

Hi, yes I’m sure this can be done. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
elektrokokke

Hi!

First off, thanks for creating Emby, I really like it so far!

There is one snag, however: I cannot queue items when playing to Sonos devices via the Sonos plugin (version 1.0.17.0 here). This seemed to be an issue already in 2021. Has there been any progress on it? In one of the most recent posts a Sonos plugin version 1.0.18.0 is mentioned, but that version is not shown to me (I am on Emby 4.7.11.0). Would that fix this, and if yes, how can I install that?

I used to use the DLNA plugin for a while to play to Sonos devices, but there was a very long delay (up to a few seconds) between songs, which was kind of a no-go for albums which need gapless playback. After changing to the Sonos plugin gapless playback is fine. I don't know anymore whether queuing was a problem with the DLNA plugin...

Thanks for any help!

Elek

30 minutes ago, elektrokokke said:

Hi!

First off, thanks for creating Emby, I really like it so far!

There is one snag, however: I cannot queue items when playing to Sonos devices via the Sonos plugin (version 1.0.17.0 here). This seemed to be an issue already in 2021. Has there been any progress on it? In one of the most recent posts a Sonos plugin version 1.0.18.0 is mentioned, but that version is not shown to me (I am on Emby 4.7.11.0). Would that fix this, and if yes, how can I install that?

I used to use the DLNA plugin for a while to play to Sonos devices, but there was a very long delay (up to a few seconds) between songs, which was kind of a no-go for albums which need gapless playback. After changing to the Sonos plugin gapless playback is fine. I don't know anymore whether queuing was a problem with the DLNA plugin...

Thanks for any help!

Elek

HI, yea it's missing a lot of the development that the dlna plugin has. If you're not playing to a device group then you might just want to use that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to figure this out, Is this only aplicable to the network the server is running on or should this work a remote network that has been set up with Sonos (aka emby client is capable of streaming to Sonos)?

In our case its setup as, lets say site A with the server, and Site B has access to the sever and has a Sonos system setup. Should I be able to stream to Sonos from the Emby app on android? (Sonos app is also installed on same device if that would be a prerequisite)

Looking forward to your response.

MartienJan

I was able to install Emby on Docker, but it seems the plug-in SONOS does not work... Can anybody help?

21 minutes ago, MartienJan said:

I was able to install Emby on Docker, but it seems the plug-in SONOS does not work... Can anybody help?

Hi there, please describe your issue in more detail:

Thanks.

MartienJan

I have a Synology DS218PLUS and installed Emby on Docker (How to Install Emby on Your Synology NAS – Marius Hosting). This is okay. But then I tried to install the SONOS plug-in in the Catalogue. Again the installation is okay, but I cannot choose the SONOS device.

Plus: I see the In-Home (LAN)-access is not correct: http://172.17.0.2:8096. I think this is the problem, but don't know where to correct.