Music details

EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

It would be amazing if Emby could store detailed info on a track/tune.

Not only could we add things like lyrics but other, maybe, historical info e.g. like this music was composed to the festival...

CChris

I think, having support for Lyrics and other information should be part of a dedicated plugin, instead of the emby core.
There are probably two possible ways:

You need to provide the information like lyrics and co. by your own -> which will be much work, or, there should be a Database / Online Service, wich does also have an api and the api needs to be open for "everyone".
I don't know, if such a service does exist - and, in fact, how correct these information (songtext) would be then.

- at the moment, I think, that the user base will not be big enought for such kind of features...

EduardoSantos

Though I mentioned lyrics, and I do agree this could be done by a plugin, what I really meant is a "tune" page which could present all instances of that tune on the database.

This would be like the "Album artist" page were you find all albuns of a given Artist.

Similarly, tune's page would contain all music albuns containing a given tune.

I think this is a "server" function.

Without any plugin, this tune's page would gather info on when music was composed and other facs on that song.

Plugins would enrich it with lyrics, sheets, etc.