#22 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 52082 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 AM

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Space reserved for my real response

Nice to see ya BAS.  I hope recovery is going well.

#23 ab123ga OFFLINE  

ab123ga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Local time: 01:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

@dados. I have a main WMC and 3 extenders. I mainly did my investigation about what format to choose mainly b/c I used to be a heavy Plex user on Roku (that's how I started in this game) but wanted everything on the Xbox so concentrated on using MB Classic. After some extensive testing, I found what seems to me to be the perfect configuration to ensure good quality, no transcode on the xbox. I use UNC paths, MP4, Audio AAC and ensure the bits per second is no greater than 6.4M/s. The reason for the 6.4M/s is once I figured out the format that gave good quality, anything larger than this size would cause stuttering of the video even though I have a gigabit network. So after trial and error, worked to the the 6.6M/s bit rate.

I know many people question re-encoding to a lower format but it works for me. It was a pretty extensive process for me to re-encode all of my movies. I have over 1000 movies and all that were under 6.4M/s I used xmedia recode to change the format. Any above this number I used either handbrake or xmedia recode to bring it down. 

• Macburp likes this

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157148 posts
  • Local time: 02:36 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

@dados

@BAS

@Macburp

@DeeMac

We now have native Hauppauge support available for testing in the Emby Server beta: 

https://emby.media/c...t/?hl=hauppauge

No plugin required. Thanks !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBOX, Extender, Transcode, Resume, Pause, Skip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users