Metadata editor - option to use parental rating from season and series level

schmitty

schmitty

Hello,

Please add an option (button or checkbox) to copy parental ratings to season and episode level.

• Like 1

schmitty

Hello,

Please add an option in the parental ratings drop-down menu at the season level to use series level rating, as well as a similar option at the episode level to use ratings from the season level.

• Like 1

schmitty

Could the title be changed please?

Metadata editor - option to use parental rating from season and series level

We already do this internally for parental control features, you just don't see it displayed.

schmitty

Could it be displayed then? Currently it seems inconsistent. Especially when certain seasons/episodes may have different ratings eg. American Dad has a general rating of M, except for season 13 (I think) which is MA15+.

GrimReaper

Could it be displayed then? Currently it seems inconsistent. Especially when certain seasons/episodes may have different ratings eg. American Dad has a general rating of M, except for season 13 (I think) which is MA15+.

As always, there will be some who DON'T want said feature to be implemented. Personally I have absolutely zero use for any PG, and it bothers me seeing it even at the Series level, let alone on Season or Episode level. However, I understand that not everything could be made as an option, and I reckon there is already enough information displayed on Season - and particularly Episode - level that inserting additional one is, quite frankly, unnecessary and contributing to the clutter.

For few isolated cases where Season or Episode has higher rating than Series itself, I think it can be done manually, for the rest general PG from Series level should be sufficient.

Cheers.

Edited by GrimReaper76

schmitty

Things like this should not be matter of choice by the developers, but a choice for either the admin or end user. End users should have the choice of what information, and how much they see. In my opinion, there are too many things that the developers have decided should not be viewable by the end user without even giving them the choice to decide if it is wanted or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrimReaper

In an ideal world, every conceivable option would be present (and preferred, by myself as well) for end user/admin to tick/decide as one sees fit. However, sheer amount of possibilities resulting from it makes it both improbable and unfeasible, I can only imagine that debugging would become less metaphoric and more literal hell, in order to cover every possible combination. Not to mention that time spent for same could be better used for improving the application, in contrast to ever-expanding conflicts resulting from abundance of options. Some design decisions must be made on dev level, otherwise we would hardly move from version 1, let alone reach version 4. Some of those would be liked more, some less, and I have witnessed here on numerous occasions that voice of the people is listened to (every now and then ;)) if the uproar is loud enough, and design adjusted accordingly. So, if your post is liked enough it might even be implemented, however, there will always be some of us that oppose it, either for personal reasons or practical aspects only.

Cheers.

Ratings flowing from parent to child is just the way the system is designed. It is already happening even though you can't necessarily see it. But the tools are already there at your disposal to override this at lower levels anytime you wish.

schmitty

The problem with this is, I have to manually edit nfo’s at season and episode level to display the rating correctly.

The ideal way, is to have the rating pre-filled in the drop-down menu... and have an option in the user display settings to control the level at which it is actually displayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by schmitty

schmitty

They may be inherited, but having this option would make it easier for metadata-editing purposes... as it is too time consuming filling the field in every season and episode.

I've merged the two topics that seem to be discussing the same thing. thanks.

• Like 1

They may be inherited, but having this option would make it easier for metadata-editing purposes... as it is too time consuming filling the field in every season and episode.

This should be an extremely unusual situation.  Almost all TV Series have their ratings defined at the series level.