Vimeo channel coming soon !

snazy2000

Beardyname

Having twitch is very important for the "younger" (myself included) ppl, who for example love watching e-sports :)

So this is an awesome channel and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

• Like 1

Good day Snazy,

I know it early beta, but at vimeo setup, if you put the username wrong, you can not change it or modify it from the dash.

My best

Good day Snazy,

I know it early beta, but at vimeo setup, if you put the username wrong, you can not change it or modify it from the dash.

My best

I don't think that setting is doing anything right now Abo.  I think he meant to hide it.

The plug-in is more of a proof-of-concept at this point.

• Like 2

CBers

The plug-in is more of a proof-of-concept at this point.

Does this mean we could have a YouTube channel as well?

Does this mean we could have a YouTube channel as well?

I still have the proof of concept I did.  The problem with YouTube is playback.  You cannot just stream YouTube urls.  You have to use a YouTube player.  So, every client needs to know how to play these back.

It should be possible in all clients except MBC, but each client would have to be able to recognize the item as a YouTube item and then know how to start the YouTube player.

• Like 1

snazy2000

@@ebr I thought you against a youyube plugin for legal reasons? If your not I will look in to that next :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@@ebr I thought you against a youyube plugin for legal reasons? If your not I will look in to that next :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I already have a POC in the works, Snazy.

As I stated, the legality of it is the playback.  As long as the client can launch the item in a sanctioned YT player, it is fine.  But we need a way for a channel item to be designated as  YT item so that the client can know how to play it back.  And then we need the clients to recognize that and start a YT player for it.

@@Luke, can the channel infrastructure provide us this mechanism?

Koleckai Silvestri

A YouTube channel would be great if possible. Especially if it handles our subscriptions.

• Like 1

I think eventually but probably not from the get go right now. Right now i'm trying to get channels to a releaseable status.

Yea i'm just not totally thrilled about a channel that can't be supported by every client. So we would have to figure out how that would work.

snazy2000

I dont feel that the channels should be paid as much as i would love the extra bucks. Maybe when there out of beta stage :) If anyone would like to donate to me i have added a donate button to my sig :) 

MrWebsmith

I dont feel that the channels should be paid as much as i would love the extra bucks. Maybe when there out of beta stage :) If anyone would like to donate to me i have added a donate button to my sig :)

DONE sir and gladly.. youre a great addition to our team here.. hope its enough for a pint! ;)

Edited by MrWebsmith
  • Like 1

snazy2000

I have been working my ass off today to get this plugin tonnes better and more feature rich! :D

Currently have categories instead of straight to the list of channels.

Also have implemented personal channels @

• Like 2

snazy2000

I have just pushed version 1.0.5253.35539 to the catalog :) Includes categories and initial release of personal channels :) Let me know how you all get on :D

• Like 1

trooper11

Yeah, maybe something but there is an important distinction between live tv and these types of "channels".  Live TV presents actual live broadcast streams whereas these internet channels are really nothing more than another source for media content just like the content you have locally.

With a Live TV stream, you can only watch what is being broadcast right at that moment whereas, with these "channels" you can pick and choose whatever content you want - just like you do with your own media.

So, to me, these channels really integrate much better with your media folders than they do with the programming guide in a Live TV interface.

Well what got me thinking about this is the OneGuide on the X1.  I can pin and third party app content there (if the dev enabled support).  I can mix it in with tv channels or just have the guide only showing the third party sources (that is how I have it set up now). Heck, I pinned a shared OneDrive account to the guide so that I could watch new videos or pictures (especially new X1 game dvr content).

Koleckai Silvestri

Great to hear. You need to get your PayPal address out there so people can make donations.

• Like 2

CBers

I have just pushed version 1.0.5253.35539 to the catalog :) Includes categories and initial release of personal channels :) Let me know how you all get on :D

Where have @@Abobader's adult channels gone :D

• Like 2

DGMayor

Is this available for all or just to those on dev channels?  If dev, I'll wait patiently, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something :)