Vimeo channel coming soon !

snazy2000

snazy2000

I've been working hard on getting this working for all of you guys :)  Vimeo channel for MB :) Everything nearly there just fixing last few things with the channel core then it will be ready for beta testing :)

2014-05-18_1114.png

• Like 18

trooper11

Twitch would be huge along with Vimeo.  I follow many groups on Twitch, especially now that the next gen console can broadcast as well.  Thanks a lot for the hard work to bring us these things.

I may have a lot of TV content, but I am slowly moving towards watching far more web content then traditional TV content, so getting add ons like this mean a lot.

I hope in the future that the MB team could come up with a channel guide system that can incorporate web content sources instead of just working with traditional tv sources.  That will be helpful as web content grows.

• Like 1

I hope in the future that the MB team could come up with a channel guide system that can incorporate web content sources instead of just working with traditional tv sources.  That will be helpful as web content grows.

That my thought as well.

Yeah, maybe something but there is an important distinction between live tv and these types of "channels".  Live TV presents actual live broadcast streams whereas these internet channels are really nothing more than another source for media content just like the content you have locally.

With a Live TV stream, you can only watch what is being broadcast right at that moment whereas, with these "channels" you can pick and choose whatever content you want - just like you do with your own media.

So, to me, these channels really integrate much better with your media folders than they do with the programming guide in a Live TV interface.

• Like 1

Beardyname

Something else im working on ;)

2014-05-18_1526.png

o.O this is too much goodies to handle for one day...

• Like 1

snazy2000

Twitch and Vimeo Channels have been added to the catalog ! :D There are a few bugs that are currently being worked out but the initial version is there! 

• Like 5

lol .. never thought this was adult thing :)

First was testing .. .wife somehow around .. this come out (I had to cover the ... some images to post here)  :)

5378f7e3bce4d_mediab3abo1612.jpg

• Like 1

Yup, in the user profile settings you can control access per user just like you can the library.

Yup, in the user profile settings you can control access per user just like you can the library.

yes, that the first thing I run to my son's profiles :)

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Where do these channels come from? Since you're asking for my Vimeo User ID, shouldn't it pull the channels that I am following?

snazy2000

The config options do nothing atm. I thought they was removed. I may make it so it follows the users info but currently its just every channel on vimeo.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmmm. I show 51,162 channels on Vimeo and I get 50 of those.

Things like this have to be sortable by the user. 20% of the channels shown are adult. None of them are things that I really have an interest in.

snazy2000

The api shows a max of 50. The plugin is currently in beta and is not feature rich. It still needs lot of work to make the plugin work for everyone

Koleckai Silvestri

I realize that it is in beta. Just stating things that are needed if it is going to be released for Prime Time. I'll keep watch on it and track any progress that comes along. I just have to uninstall it now because it doesn't provide any benefit. Let me know when there is a new version and I'll check it out.

Redshirt

I'm looking at the plugin as more of a technical preview and I think it's great. I can't wait to see this plugin and the channel infrastructure as it evolves.

• Like 3

I'm looking at the plugin as more of a technical preview and I think it's great. I can't wait to see this plugin and the channel infrastructure as it evolves.

+1