Overlay missing on 3.0.8

csadoian

lurch9366

Having same issue. I have a nvidia gt730 on win 7 if that helps. updated to latest driver and no change. Using emby wmc until fixed. 

wernerb

Just an FYI; this has something to do with themes in Windows; When dropping graphics to Basic (from Aero theme), the overlay is available when you click on screen to pause.  Almost usable, but clearly wrong.  Hope this can help isolate the problem.

Raptor6L

Hi all

Suffering same issue. Win 8.1 Pro, GT630, all up to date. Tried wernerb suggestion above, changing to a basic theme, but that made no difference on mine.

Using a remote, so functionalility for me is still the same, but it certainly help having the OSD there. 

Chris

Edited by Raptor6L

Just an FYI; this has something to do with themes in Windows; When dropping graphics to Basic (from Aero theme), the overlay is available when you click on screen to pause.  Almost usable, but clearly wrong.  Hope this can help isolate the problem.

If you're on windows 7 then Aero is required in order to support the transparency features that we require.

Raptor6L

I also have Theater on my laptop as well which i just fired up and tested. Updated it to 3.08 and the overlay is working as expected.

Laptop is a HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 with an i5 in it, running Win10 Pro.

Additionally

Emby for Android Mobile 3.0.48 - overlay is working as expected

Emby for IOS 1.7.7  - overlay is working as expected

Cheers

Chris

WalBob

Same issue for me. Problem occurs with 3.08 & Win7. 

Win7 EMBY Server that also runs Theater 3.08 client, Nvidia Discrete Graphics. This has the OSD Issue.

Win7 Desktop. Emby Theater 3.08 Client, Nvidia Discrete Graphics. This has the OSD issue.

Win10 Laptop. Emby Theater 3.08 Client, Nvidia Discrete Graphics. This DOES NOT have the OSD issue.

All platforms have latest Service Packs, Device Driver and Nvidia Updates.

• Like 1

Same issue for me. Problem occurs with 3.08 & Win7. 

Win7 EMBY Server that also runs Theater 3.08 client, Nvidia Discrete Graphics. This has the OSD Issue.

Win7 Desktop. Emby Theater 3.08 Client, Nvidia Discrete Graphics. This has the OSD issue.

Win10 Laptop. Emby Theater 3.08 Client, Nvidia Discrete Graphics. This DOES NOT have the OSD issue.

All platforms have latest Service Packs, Device Driver and Nvidia Updates.

What are the GPU's that each one of those has?

WalBob
I was wrong with one machine, which in fact has Intel Integrated graphics. Detailes are:

Win7 Pro SP1 Desktop, EMBY Server, EMBY Theater Client > NVIDIA GeForce GT710  Driver Version 26.21.14.3064  5/05/2019. This has the OSD Issue.

Win7 Pro SP1 Desktop, EMBY Theater Client > Intel HD Integrated Graphics  Driver Version 10.18.10.4425  4/04/2016. This has the OSD Issue.

Win10 Pro LapTop, EMBY Theater Client > NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M  Driver Version 25.21.14.2531  9/04/2019. This DOES NOT have the OSD Issue.

JunkStar

Can you either please fix this or roll it back? Its getting really annoying and the whole auto updating regardless is also really annoying.

• Like 1

pgriffith

Can you either please fix this or roll it back? Its getting really annoying and the whole auto updating regardless is also really annoying.

Auto updating is simple to turn off if you want to. Locate the system.xml file in your Emby-Theater\config folder and change the true in the following line to false.

<EnableAutoUpdate>true</EnableAutoUpdate>

Edited by pgriffith

lurch9366

What are the GPU's that each one of those has?

I have an Nvidia gt 730 with same issue on 2 different drivers currently on 4.30.64.

pgriffith

Auto updating is simple to turn off if you want to. Locate the system.xml file in your Emby-Theater\config folder and change the true in the following line to false.

<EnableAutoUpdate>true</EnableAutoUpdate>

Luke, why don't you add this as an option in the settings, I'm no programmer but this must be super easy to do ?

mentasm

This issue is really dragging on.  I'm not sure how this hasn't been fixed or rolled back.  It's a pretty major bug.  Any ETA on a fix?

• Like 3

We're looking into it. If you're affected I would use 3.0.6 for now. Thanks.

BuddahKat

Same issue, no overlay making keyboard navigation very difficult. My system info is below (everything is up to date).

Windows 8.1 w/ WMC

Nvidia GTX 950

Intel i3-2100

LASooner

Anyone else use video backgrounds? When I enter a movie the video background plays over the interface as well. I had to turn those off.

WIndows 7 32bit

NVidia GT440

Intel i5

nJizm

Been dealing with NO OVERLAY visible issue for over a month, luckily I use an IR remote, so only mildly annoying. 

Intel Core-i3 4130T, integrate GPU, Win7 64bit.

Replying to keep up to date on a fix. Thanks. 

Marc_G

I've been sticking with version 3.0.6 but I sometimes have problems after reboots. Sigh. Glad this is still on the radar but really surprised it's not fixed or at least rolled back yet.

Guest asrequested

I'm trying very hard not to get bent out of shape, here. But the UI in Theater has got some real problems, and I'm pretty sure it's all related to this one issue. My UI is intermittently dysfunctional. Today's problem is that I presently can't get to any of my music videos (click on the top folder and nothing happens) and the back arrow has stopped working. Please can we get this fixed?!?! 

Update:

Just tried 3.0.6 and that's not working either. So has there been a pushed UI update? Hmmmm.... I did recently update the Nvidia drivers..... Let my roll back and see what happens....

Update 2:

After a clean install of the previous driver, everything appears to be working again....

5cf874bc4ab8f_Nvidiadriver.jpg

Edited by Doofus

Thanks for the info about the Nvidia driver version. Glad you resolved it.

Marc_G

For me, I'm on Intel graphics with an i5-6600. Is there likely anything I can do, other than keep using 3.0.6 ET?

From a user perspective, I've been delighted with the by product since early Media Browser days in 2009 when I got hooked. So, it's easy to see this as a bump in the road and thus not go around calling for torches and pitchforks. But Luke seriously my friend, a new user who would encounter this problem on a wide swath of hardware platforms would probably just un- install and never look back.

Until this issue is understood and corrected I really think it should be reverted in the stable build stream.

Tempered, quasi rant ends. :-)

• Like 1