formerly running Kodi 17.6 (all these years)

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Angelblue05

OK some kind of workaround.

You mentioned its a emby server issue and I'm not alone, so @@Luke is aware of it and trying to pinpoint and fix.

I am wondering if there's a "master thread" about it on his side.

Yes someone opened a thread earlier today. I’m not at my pc, can’t link it. Just look for no local ip or no LAN ip? Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
CharleyVarrick

@@Angelblue05

Just so you know, Luke released a beta yesterday (specifically to address the issue), which I installed. This morning, for the first time in over a month, when I woke my Emby machine, Emby showed an in-home LAN IP.

The other affected users in the Emby server thread will likely fill-in their own report.

I praise AngelBlue for her Nnija-like turnaround, namely the Emby for Kodi beta release, post #47 (May 22nd), which has been reported successful in letting Kodi work around Emby's lack of LAN IP.

That was zero day fix material right there. No fuss no muss, no attitude, Result driven, and good mannered too. I am definitely buying you beer / chocolate for another job well made, very quickly, all this at an unbeatable price.It reminds me of the old 2 out of 3 saying:

You can have it cheap and quick, but it wont be good

You can have it cheap and good, but it wont be quick

You can have it good and quick, but it wont be cheap

5d13849240a5c_CGQ.jpg

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
CharleyVarrick

Yes the skin does not support mouse control. You can disable that in the Kodi settings > system settings > input > Disable mouse and touch support. You should be able to move forward anyway? Is it asking you to update your Kodi settings?

I kept thinking about Embuary, when I remembered that on my htpc, I'm using a wireless keyboard with trackpad,. instead of mouse. Would a trackpad be viable with Embuary?