Hey guys, ran into a new problem recently that flared up again tonight. A couple other times in the past week or so (maybe a bit longer, don't remember when the first time was), attempting to login to my Emby server on different Roku systems on the local network stops working.
To start, I'm running server version 22.214.171.124.
When functioning normally, starting the Emby app on Roku finds my server on the local network and takes me to the "Select Server" screen that lists my server name and the local network address on the left side and my user account listing on the right. I select the account I want and it gets me in (since I don't require a PIN while on local network).
However, when the issue has flared up, it no longer finds my server on the local network automatically, and instead goes to the Sign in with Emby Connect screen. From there, I can go to the side and get to the Server info screen, which still does display my server name, but attempting to select that server now doesn't take me to the user account listing, but instead to the manual login option. I've tried manually putting in a user account and password, at which point the app closes and I'm back at the Roku home screen.
If I, instead, try to hit the "New Server" option and manually enter the local network IP address and port for my server, it will find it and connect to it, give me my user account list, and get me in when selecting an account. However, as soon as I exit the app back to the Roku home screen and attempt to reload Emby, it takes me back to the Emby Connect page and can't find the server automatically again.
I've tested all of that on three different Roku streaming devices from three different areas of the house, all on the local network, with the same results. Connecting to the server through a web browser on a laptop at that time worked exactly as it always does after manually entering the local IP address in the address bar.
At that point, I looked at the Dashboard on my server and I noticed that the normal area that displays the In-Home (LAN) access and Remote (WAN) access IP addresses is displaying ONLY the Remote (WAN) access information and no In-Home (LAN) access info.
I restarted the server and, immediately after restarting, the In-Home (LAN) access info shows up again, and all my streaming boxes automatically start finding the server again as they should.
I know this is a lot of information, but wanted to provide as much as I could right away. I did manage to grab a portion of the log for the time during one of my attempts I described above, including manually entering the local address on the streaming device, etc. Sending that log file to @ebr and @Luke now.