Trailers showing as Extras items after 4.1.0.26 Upgrade

mrtwopoints

TylerV76

There isn't.there is one category that covers all extra/additional content that a user wishes to maintain for any given movie.

Sure I guess you can say you can access the same item in two areas now. The trailer button or the item itself via Extras.

And the trailers section.

Happy2Play

That was a suggestion as it does not exist.  To me they should all be lumped into Extras just like the wiki shows.

Everything is Extra.

• extras
  • specials
  • shorts
  • featurettes
  • behind the scenes
  • deleted scenes
  • interviews
  • trailers

Why would you have an extras section and a trailers section if trailers are gonna show up in both sections?

We wouldn't. I was suggesting that we could separate them if that would be more desirable.

Happy2Play

Unless you are referring to what is added via the Trailers plugin?  That would be a separate topic as it is not itemdetails.

TylerV76

We wouldn't. I was suggesting that we could separate them if that would be more desirable.

Im confused because they already are separated. Why not just keep all trailers together and not add them to the extras section?

2994315b8adfc6fb26c5d9b715ed12ef.jpg

e8e9e26339c65b25328bcb9cd2ed6432.jpg

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Im confused because they already are separated. Why not just keep all trailers together and not add them to the extras section?

2994315b8adfc6fb26c5d9b715ed12ef.jpg

Must be app specific as I have never seen that trailers section before.

Edited by Happy2Play

TylerV76

Must be app specific as I have never seen that trailers section before.

Thats the shield and fire tv. Ill check my apple tv in a bit but I think its the same.

Thats why it doesnt make sense.

Happy2Play

Thats the shield and fire tv. Ill check my apple tv in a bit but I think its the same.

Thats why it doesnt make sense.

All I have is Roku and Web Client.  If it is different from the Web Client, I blame the app

TylerV76

All I have is Roku and Web Client. If it is different from the Web Client, I blame the app

Thats the problem with all the clients being different.

The way they are separated in my pictures is great but Trailers dont need to show up in Extras or its redundant and doesnt make much sense.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Thats the problem with all the clients being different.

The way they are separated in my pictures is great but Trailers dont need to show up in Extras or its redundant and doesnt make much sense.

I agree, as your Trailers section appears to by only online Trailers/featurettes.  Information that is shown on TMDB (not specific to Trailers, ie Extras)  So to me the App is wrong since it is showing a featurette as a Trailer.

TylerV76

I agree, as your Trailers section appears to by only online Trailers/featurettes. Information that is shown on TMDB (not specific to Trailers, ie Extras) So to me the App is wrong since it is showing a featurette as a Trailer.

Agreed to a point. That first trailer is my own trailer I downloaded.

Trailers should be in their own section and all others should be in extras.

Happy2Play

To me the section segregation just puts to much on the screen.  And the section name could be MISC. for all that it matters as all they are is miscellaneous items added to a movie.  But everyone wants something different.

maegibbons

I am not big on either Trailers or Extras but to me it seems very logical that Trailers are different to other types of Extra and should have their own line/grouping seperately to other extras.

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

skidmarks

I actually take the time to get 1 local trailer for every movie in my library.  That's one too many for some users it sounds like.  But having more than one seems ludicrous to me.  I also have not seen (from the screen shots posted above) any links to trailers on youtube in any of the apps i use.  Sometimes it takes more than one search to find the right or good quality on youtube, so i don't like whatever is doing that.

It's not a huge deal to have trailers shown in the extras section.  Little redundant to have the trailer button AND have it show up there.

Perfect scenario if you only have one trailer ignore it in the extra display.

End of the day, no big deal to me as a user...   

Edited by skidmarks

Android TV has always had a dedicated Trailers row - IF you have multiple trailers.

I somehow missed that we were now lumping this in with Special Features.

CBers

Android TV has always had a dedicated Trailers row - IF you have multiple trailers.

Can you "un-lump" it then please :)

• Like 2

skidmarks

That was, and hopefully still is, the best solution! (IF you have multiple trailers)

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 1

skidmarks

Can you "un-lump" it then please :)

Damn, that made me chuckle!

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Everyone has there own opinion and you can never satisfy everyone.

BlazedMonkey

Everyone has there own opinion and you can never satisfy everyone.

I agree.  However, when the vast majority of people reply on a subject and say that they would prefer something a certain way, perhaps you should listen to the majority ;)

• Like 2

schmitty

I do not get the logic behind this, as some of the trailers I have imported from BluRay or DVD titles are for different movies... and have no relevance to the title they are apparently an extra for.

If this is going to be an issue, then all trailers, extras, etc. should generate their own nfo's, and have an option in the metadata editor to include as an extra for the particular movie, or only to be used as a trailer.

Edited by schmitty

Happy2Play

To me this as a lack of uniformity in app/clients.  Everything besides the movie itself is a Extra.  The difference now is Emby is actually displaying them that way.  Now it just a matter of unifying the app/clients to show the same thing.  I have never used a app/client that presented then separately of there would have been a complaint about then displayed that way a long time ago.

To me they all extra item should fall under one category, not multiple. 

Happy2Play

I do not get the logic behind this, as some of the trailers I have imported from BluRay or DVD titles are for different movies... and have no relevance to the title they are apparently an extra for.

How about an example as I have no idea how that would even be possible.

Assuming this is even about this topic.

Edited by Happy2Play