Trailers showing as Extras items after 4.1.0.26 Upgrade

mrtwopoints

mrtwopoints

Version 4.1.0.26

Immediately after upgrading to 4.1.0.26 all movies began showing the Trailer for that movie as an item under Extras. This was not the case for me prior to the update. Is this a bug? Or is there a way of storing trailers that  I need to adopt to avoid this.

5cb8dbacd74c7_2019041816_09_09.png

5cb8dbdabba27_2019041816_18_17mrtwopoint

• Like 1

Happy2Play

No this was requested to support multiple local trailers, so they are added to extras section now.

CBers

I keep meaning to post about this as well.

Trailers are not extras, so shouldn't be treated as such.

Happy2Play

Well everything besides the movie is a extra.  How you want to break it down is a personal preference.

CBers

So where is the consensus on this being a worthwhile change?

Emby has never, ever, treated trailers as an extra.

I assume 1 person suggested, so it's become law.

Ridiculous decision.

If you have more than one local trailer, this will allow you to select a specific one to play.

CBers

If you have more than one local trailer, this will allow you to select a specific one to play.

I don't, so this needs reverting.

What a ridiculous decision.

We could put them on a separate line for Trailers, but then of course that just means more vertical scrolling.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

We could put them on a separate line for Trailers, but then of course that just means more vertical scrolling.

I believe he is referring to, if only one trailer exists don't show it as and Extras.  If more then one exists then show as Extras.

• Like 1

CBers

I believe he is referring to, if only one trailer exists don't show it as and Extras. If more then one exists then show as Extras.

Nope.

Trailers are trailers, not extras.

Extras are special extras for a movie, normally found on a DVD/BLURAY, but a trailers is 99.9% released before a movie is in the cinema, so how can it be an extra.

Add an option to have trailers as an extra, then people can decide.

• Like 5

Happy2Play

Nope.

Trailers are trailers, not extras.

Extras are special extras for a movie, normally found on a DVD/BLURAY, but a trailers is 99.9% released before a movie is in the cinema, so how can it be an extra.

Add an option to have trailers as an extra, then people can decide.

And if a user has more then one trailer and doesn't want it as an Extra like you?

CBers

And if a user has more then one trailer and doesn't want it as an Extra like you?

Read what I just suggested!!

Add an option.

If multiple local trailers exist, and I don't know how they would unless someone adds them manually (what's the naming convention?), then they need to be in the EXTRAS sections, even though they are not extras.

We have multiple remote trailers currently and they don't appear as EXTRAS, so why can't multiple local ones be treated the same?

Such a ridiculous decision, without any consensus :rolleyes:

Happy2Play

Personal preference as this is not a issue for me.  But everyone has there own idea of the way things should be.  I have never seen or has multiple remote trailers displayed but local and remote trailers are two separate animals in themselves to me.

Edited by Happy2Play

CBers

Yes options are always possible.

As quickly as possible then please Luke, there's a good fellow.

• Like 1

CBers

Just checked the logic and I am seeing movies with only 1 trailer showing up as an EXTRA :rolleyes:

TylerV76

Yeah this doesnt make any sense. I have 1 trailer and it shows both in extras and trailers along with remote trailers.

Extras are interviews, making of segments etc. In no way is a trailer an extra.

If a user has multiple trailers it should show in the trailers section neatly lined horizontally like the cast thumbs do.

Dont understand this one at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Happy2Play

I really don't see the issue here as the other guys do it also.  Extras means anything besides the Movie itself.  But I guess I am the only one that thinks that way.  

5cb919ca78e73_extras.jpg

Extras
It’s possible to make your movie library richer by adding “Extras” to it. These are things like trailers, deleted scenes, behind the scenes features, and more.

Technically everyone of these fall under Extras.  To me it would to chaotic to have all of them have their own section.

• extras
    • specials
    • shorts
    • featurettes
    • behind the scenes
    • deleted scenes
    • interviews
    • trailers
Edited by Happy2Play

TylerV76

I really don't see the issue here as the other guys do it also. Extras means anything besides the Movie itself. But I guess I am the only one that thinks that way.

5cb919ca78e73_extras.jpg

Plex doesnt.

Its just redundant to have a trailer show in 2 spots and to have trailers and extras mixed when you have 2 very different categories already separated.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Plex doesnt.

Its just redundant to have a trailer show in 2 spots and to have trailers and extras mixed when you have 2 very different categories already separated.

Sorry their information must of changed then, as that is where the image came from.

TylerV76

Also if you look at MovieDb, they do the same thing under a Videos heading.

Then why have a section dedicated to trailers at all?

Happy2Play

Then why have a section dedicated to trailers at all?

There isn't.there is one category that covers all extra/additional content that a user wishes to maintain for any given movie.

Sure I guess you can say you can access the same item in two areas now.  The trailer button or the item itself via Extras.

TylerV76

What do you mean by that?

Why would you have an extras section and a trailers section if trailers are gonna show up in both sections?

• Like 1