• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MyNeighborSelkie OFFLINE  

MyNeighborSelkie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 05:49 PM

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:16 PM

Hello all. I've been lurking for a short while as an unregistered user and couldn't find the answer for which I searched. So first...

Turned an old gaming rig into a server with linux mint 18 because I had an USB handy that had mint on it.

i5 processor

8GB of ddr3

I don't have all the specs on hand but that's the baseline of the machine.

After running for so many hours, the server freezes. But this ONLY happens when the emby service is running. Doesn't matter if anyone is using emby or not. The server eventually just freezes. If I turn emby off, this doesn't seem to happen.

Any ideas or anyone seen this exact issue before? If there's a specific log or error I should be looking for, sorry in advance for not knowing where it should be!

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152907 posts
  • Local time: 06:49 PM

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:29 PM

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log? Perhaps we can learn something from that. You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/c...port-a-problem/

Thanks !

#3 MyNeighborSelkie OFFLINE  

MyNeighborSelkie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:55 PM

Sorry about that, I was out and about when I posted previously. Last two log files are attached. Literally just crashed one me minutes ago.

Attached Files

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152907 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

Strange, there's nothing obvious here. Can you try uninstalling the anime plugin, restarting the server, and seeing if that has any impact? thanks.

#5 MyNeighborSelkie OFFLINE  

MyNeighborSelkie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:16 PM

Well I don't mind removing the plugin but it was doing that before I installed the plugin.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152907 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 01:00 AM

Ok, I'm just trying to reduce the number of variables at play here, that's the only reason I asked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linux, mint, debian, ubuntu, freeze, linuxmint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users