• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Ocracoke Island OFFLINE  

Ocracoke Island

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 12:41 PM

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:54 AM

“You are actually pausing the video and then hitting the "home" button with it paused on the screen?

If that's the case, I would try backing out of the video instead of pausing it. When you do exactly what you said there, you are leaving your server in a state where it may be continuing to do work for the video you were watching even though you are no longer watching it. This very well may be the issue as your server gets more and more busy in this fashion.”

I’m sure I have not thought this well out, but, would it be possible to put in a server option to ignore a pause? Maybe per user ID? I would rather have kids, guest have to back out of app then be able to hit the pause button, jump to home, then start up something else.

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts
  • Local time: 11:41 AM

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:44 PM

“You are actually pausing the video and then hitting the "home" button with it paused on the screen?

If that's the case, I would try backing out of the video instead of pausing it. When you do exactly what you said there, you are leaving your server in a state where it may be continuing to do work for the video you were watching even though you are no longer watching it. This very well may be the issue as your server gets more and more busy in this fashion.”

I’m sure I have not thought this well out, but, would it be possible to put in a server option to ignore a pause? Maybe per user ID? I would rather have kids, guest have to back out of app then be able to hit the pause button, jump to home, then start up something else.

Hi, what do you mean by ignore the pause? You mean you want it to keep playing?

#23 Ocracoke Island OFFLINE  

Ocracoke Island

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:27 PM

No, wanted to make sure a data stream doesn’t get orphan off by someone doing something stupid with the remote, they hit pause, then hit the home button? Maybe I misread it, reason I’m here, or was, I have been having major issues, finally got it fixed, frankly I’m just too tired to read, reread another thread on anything related. This madness also broke my security cam software, as an OS reinstalling removed an obscure old C++ runtime library, that the installation software use to side install if missing, but now assumes you were born knowing you need it, you know where to find it. I just not that bright.

Anyway....Kindly ignore the post.

FYI, maybe it will help others..

My tale of woe.

I have been hitting “Home” like a madman out of pauses, playback out of desperation, wife too, unplugging the Rokus, because of play back and recording issues, frozen playback, frozen everything, out of sync audio, loading problems during playback, totally distorted video with sound distorted like a broadcast over the air break up; I thought it was my antenna at one point, reinstalling the OS, 3 times, no joy.

Emby was totally unwatchable. I was getting huge 100 percent spikes on the OS drive.

Emby just seemed like it was getting worse and worse as you bounce around it, rebooting doing nothing, long hard disk drive activity.

This just seemed to be a problem in the last 2 weeks or so.

The PC is only running Emby, and two H.264 security webcams. It’s all it’s used for.

So.........

Enter the “you don’t appreciate an OS until you been abused” aka “Windows it isn’t a hobby, it’s a full time job supporting and staying on top of it”, the next best thing to treading water 24x7 times 365.

Man, the time I have wasted reinstalling the OS, Emby, setting up daily defrags, spreading out my paging space over multiple drives, trying to fix the problem, weird thing that Usage app built into Windows is next to useless pointing out the problem.

Finally, just yesterday, I have given a name to my Emby pain, “SysMain”.

Sysmain is awful, up to the usual Microsoft standards of a low bar, disable it if you are having 100 percent disk use, oddly jumps in disk access, 100 percent disk use at boot that runs forever, that you can not account for.

I have no idea why this thing, Sysmain, started acting up, I did get OS updates forced on me, Emby Server was updated, my security software got updated all in the given timeframe.

Any-who, things are working now, problems gone.

To disable this.....
“Launch the Services app. Open the Start Menu, search for services, then launch the Services app. Alternatively, open the Run prompt by pressing Windows key + R, then type services.msc and click OK.”

Disable “SuperFetch” renamed “SysMain” in the latest Windows 10.

Ah, oh, a special thanks for the renaming of “SuperFetch”, Micosoft, that kept me busy for a while.

#24 Ocracoke Island OFFLINE  

Ocracoke Island

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:29 PM

A link of many to this problem, https://www.techosau...-to-disable-it/.

#25 speechles ONLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5769 posts
  • Local time: 08:41 AM

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

Interesting... I purposely disabled windows update and broke part of what makes it work. I have to enable this for it to work. The side effect I get is the sedlauncher loves to come on at random times and raise the cpu idle. The entire sedsvc and windows remediation is annoying as hell. You can easily break part of it by disable the antimalware service executeable via the group policy. Then disable windows update by turning off(disable) that service in services.msc. Now windows will still download the damn updates. But now it can never apply them until you reboot and even if you reboot it still can't apply them. You pick when you install them by turn back on the windows update service then reboot.

Edited by speechles, 24 April 2019 - 01:32 PM.

#26 Nisten OFFLINE  

Nisten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 01:41 PM

To answer the OP's question, No.

There are 3 rokus in my house. A roku 2 (hardwired with auto bitrate), a roku TV (2.4 ghz wifi with custom bitrate), and a roku streaming stick (2.4 ghz wifi with custom bitrate). All rokus navigate and operate smoothly quite frequently unless there's a occasional network issue or ffmpeg issue

However the roku 2 with the hardwired connection rarely encounters any issue since it either direct plays or direct streams the media i have

Edited by Nisten, 03 May 2019 - 02:02 PM.

#27 Jason'sEmby OFFLINE  

Jason'sEmby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

Not sure if this is already been answered. But my Hisense Roku TV does the same thing. It's not just emby, it's also Plex that does it and other applications. Not sure what causes it because Netflix and Amazon work perfectly fine. Almost seems like the remote won't even register to the infrared. Hard resetting the TV does not work. Solution I put another Roku Premier on the Roku TV, problem fixed. Don't think it has anything to do with Emby:)

#28 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142356 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:01 AM

Not sure if this is already been answered. But my Hisense Roku TV does the same thing. It's not just emby, it's also Plex that does it and other applications. Not sure what causes it because Netflix and Amazon work perfectly fine. Almost seems like the remote won't even register to the infrared. Hard resetting the TV does not work. Solution I put another Roku Premier on the Roku TV, problem fixed. Don't think it has anything to do with Emby:)

Interesting, thanks for the info !

#29 Phuein OFFLINE  

Phuein

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:06 AM

Hey, can you share your specific TV model? Be best to avoid that one. :)

Edited by Phuein, 27 May 2019 - 10:06 AM.

#30 Jason'sEmby OFFLINE  

Jason'sEmby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:24 AM

It's a Hisense 50 in Roku TV. When I get a chance I'll get you a model number. It seems like it doesn't do it when the TV when connected on a local network but when it's doing remote access it interferes with a couple apps.

#31 Jason'sEmby OFFLINE  

Jason'sEmby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:54 PM

Hey, can you share your specific TV model? Be best to avoid that one. :)

See picture

Attached Files

• Phuein likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roku, slow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users