46 replies to this topic

#41 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4785 posts
  • Local time: 11:07 PM

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:14 PM

I can record simultaneously from two channels with the same epg assigned without issue. I regularly do this

#42 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

iOS - iPadOS - tvOS

• Members
  • 1257 posts
  • Local time: 12:07 AM

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:23 PM

This does not work. One show recording will cancel the other one. You cannot record the same show from different channels/providers.

Create your own thread please and as mentioned earlier by some other users, this thread is about the opposite.

If you want to record the same show from different channels/providers now in a way you describe, Emby is not your DVR solution yet...

#43 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 3522 posts
  • Local time: 05:07 PM
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

Just a reminder,    See the first Post  if you are interested in that feature please vote on that first post in this thread.    

If you are familiar with how emby treats multiple HD Homerun tunners, we are looking for the same treatment using IPTV m3u tunners.

For example if I have 3 HD Homerun Primes (each supports 3 tunners)  And each of those hdhomeruns are tied to the same cable tv provider, that gives you 9 total concurrent streams.  Emby shows one set of channels.   You can pick from that same set of channels to schedule a recording, or watch a show up to 9 times.

Today if I have 3 IPTV M3U tuners that each support 3 concurrent streams (same as above), emby will show THREE sets of channels in the EPG, each channel supporting 3 streams.   Not at all like how the HD Homerun's are treated. Emby breaks out those three tuners into three separate systems.     In this scenario (unlike above) you can pick one of the first set of three channels up to 3 times, then you get an error, you can then try the second set of channels (if no one is using one of the 3 tuners you are good) or you have to move on to the third set of duplicate channels..      This poses problems especially when you try to record something, If I set to Record a show on a specific channel from either Set 1, 2, or 3 of the duplicate channels, I have to make sure no one uses all three tuners in that set or the recording will fail, even though I have 6 other tuners available...   its a pain..    and it sucks.. lol 

Edited by pir8radio, 26 January 2020 - 06:21 PM.

#44 dcol ONLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1383 posts
  • Local time: 03:07 PM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:29 PM

I have discussed simultaneous recording before in other threads. Obviously not applicable here. And I was referring to scheduling. Will open again in the feature requests area.

#45 shocker OFFLINE  

shocker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Local time: 01:07 AM

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:24 AM

Any news regarding this? :)

#46 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 157215 posts
  • Local time: 06:07 PM

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:32 AM

It's planned for the future. Thanks.

#47 pir8radio OFFLINE  

pir8radio

NGINX

• Members
  • 3522 posts
  • Local time: 05:07 PM
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:12 PM

5e728e9686dbb_source.gif

• dcol likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IPTV, M3U, Duplicate Channels, double channels, Pool, tuners, concurrent, stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users