POOL Multiple m3u Tuners - No Double or Duplicate Channels

pir8radio

Absolutely for this feature.

This is badly needed for IPTV especially.  No reason why it shouldn't be able to "combine" channels from multiple IPTV M3Us just like it presently does for HDHomeRun tuners.

I'd actually love to see this combine sources from EVERY source input with the ability to set priorities.  Thus you could have ABC as an example available in MU3(s), OTA and cable and set them by priority to use OTA first, then cable, then IPTV(s).    This would also help down the road when proper conflict resolution is added as well.

But as a "quick" fix having IPTV work the same as HDHomeRun by pooling them together as ONE SET of channels is fine!

• Like 2

pir8radio

We plan to expand our tuner management features in a future update to allow you to do this. Thanks.

You told me to get it in as a feature request and get votes. Soooooooo. I’m following your commands sir. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

manolodf

Yes!!

@@pir8radio great post!  Absolutely needed,  I requested it about a year ago and it was mentioned it would be implemented in the future (I think your link in the first post gave me an error):  

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63725-multiple-iptv-tuners-double-channels/?p=560949

How do we properly vote for it?  Just hit the "Like Button" ?  

Edited by manolodf
  • Like 2

EODCrafter

Extremely Up-voted and With Group Management too. Without Groups this would still be a mess. 10 Streams seem like a lot though unless your running a Emby sharing business,

I would propose for Each Sub, Emby recognize it and adjust Stream Sharing accordingly. For Example, If I have 3 sub-accounts loaded into Emby, that it treats these as 1 Channel List (Since each sub contains all the exact channels) and 1 EPG Guide List, and switch to the next Sub if 1 Sub is in use. Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, and Den can all watch there own Channels using Emby Server, or wife can Record 1 channel and watch another.

I would just like my Emby Server to Serve my home.

Right now only 1 Stream can Play Per Emby Server, (Unless I want to Dupe every single channel and Guide list too), not to mention nullifying the entire DVR Function, which makes the Term "Emby Server" meaning-less. ( Some, and Prob the Best Providers, only allow 1 stream per login account to avoid people from making themselves into there own Provider business using their Streams)

P.S.

I don't think IPTV is going away @@Luke if that is what your waiting on. Didn't TV Mosaic at 1 Time have a "Merge Feature"? Why has this been removed? @t. andre

@@snodrog742 @@marmei @@Pain @@dcol

Edited by EODCrafter
  • Like 1

pir8radio

Extremely Up-voted and With Group Management too. Without Groups this would still be a mess. 10 Streams seem like a lot though unless your running a Emby sharing business,

I would propose for Each Sub, Emby recognize it and adjust Stream Sharing accordingly. For Example, If I have 3 sub-accounts loaded into Emby, that it treats these as 1 Channel List (Since each sub contains all the exact channels) and 1 EPG Guide List, and switch to the next Sub if 1 Sub is in use. Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, and Den can all watch there own Channels using Emby Server, or wife can Record 1 channel and watch another.

I would just like my Emby Server to Serve my home.

Right now only 1 Stream can Play Per Emby Server, (Unless I want to Dupe every single channel and Guide list too), not to mention nullifying the entire DVR Function, which makes the Term "Emby Server" meaning-less. ( Some, and Prob the Best Providers, only allow 1 stream per login account to avoid people from making themselves into there own Provider business using their Streams)

P.S.

I don't think IPTV is going away @@Luke if that is what your waiting on.

@@snodrog742 @@marmei @@Pain

I wouldn’t limit the amount of tuners Based subscription That’s already limited by how many devices can connect to the server. I may share mine with a few of my poor family members and each one of them record a few shows 10 tuners goes fast. Even if it’s me my woman and two family members remotely. Then we all record a few shows while were watching something live you know what I mean. You Definitely do not know my woman she has three or four shows recording at a time. Teen mom, something wives of some city, wwe, hgtv. Lol She just sits in front of TV all day when she gets home from work.

And we have 7 TVs in our house. [emoji2373]

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 1

EODCrafter

I wouldn’t limit the amount of tuners Based subscription That’s already limited by how many devices can connect to the server. I may share mine with a few of my poor family members and each one of them record a few shows 10 tuners goes fast. Even if it’s me my woman and two family members remotely. Then we all record a few shows while were watching something live you know what I mean. You Definitely do not know my woman she has three or four shows recording at a time. Teen mom, something wives of some city, wwe, hgtv. Lol She just sits in front of TV all day when she gets home from work.

And we have 7 TVs in our house. [emoji2373]

I just hate it when Providers over-sell Like Vaders and Beast and turn good providers into overused constant channel drops so someone can make a quick buck and Tarnish us True Cord-Cutters.

pir8radio

I just hate it when Providers over-sell Like Vaders and Beast and turn good providers into overused constant channel drops so someone can make a quick buck and Tarnish us True Cord-Cutters.

True. I mean I had 6 tuners with directv. The IPTV world needs to change how they do things. ideally they would set up a massive VPN all the clients would VPN in and then do multicast streams so their servers aren’t sending out gigs and gigs of single streams. You can then size your hardware appropriately based on how many channels you have assuming one stream from Each Channel is getting multicast to many clients. You’re still moving a lot of traffic but it’s not affecting the streaming server you then build out your VPN infrastructure. Then when you have one router getting busy with VPN connections you can start to shift people around and you don’t affect everyone. But that’s just my rant if I wasn’t afraid of going to jail. Lol.

EODCrafter

True. I mean I had 6 tuners with directv. The IPTV world needs to change how they do things. ideally they would set up a massive VPN all the clients would VPN in and then do multicast streams so their servers aren’t sending out gigs and gigs of single streams. You can then size your hardware appropriately based on how many channels you have assuming one stream from Each Channel is getting multicast to many clients. You’re still moving a lot of traffic but it’s not affecting the streaming server you then build out your VPN infrastructure. Then when you have one router getting busy with VPN connections you can start to shift people around and you don’t affect everyone. But that’s just my rant if I wasn’t afraid of going to jail. Lol.

My Provider won't even allow VPN's to Combat Abuse and they lock your Connection to your IP. They are trying to be pro-active to keep our streams stable.

Not even close. :)

Depends on how you use your tuners/DVR.  For example I record all day long every show on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News.  That's 3 tuners always in use except the wee hours of the morning when they rebroadcast earlier shows.  I like to do this, so when events happen I can go back and get the different perspective/bias each station has on the event. :)

Now take last night as an example for 8pm. Here is what I had recording during that period.
CNN: Anderson Cooper 360
Fox News: Tucker Carlson Tonight
MSNBC: All in with Chris Hayes
CBS: The Big Bang Theory
Fox: Gotham
ABC: Grey's Anatomy
PHL17: Modern Family
CW: Charmed
ion: Chicago P.D.
Sportnet: NBA: Heat vs 76ers
Sportnet Phi: NHL Hockey: Flyers vs Maple Leafs (different Sportnet channel then above)

That's 11 shows being recorded at the same time besides any Live TV use.  This is not unusual for my system at all and why I have so many tuners plus IPTV so I can cover my usual habits of recordings. I'm certainly not rebroadcasting or sharing with anyone other than my direct family of 5 which are the only people I have setup in Emby.

Can't judge a book by it's cover.  LOL

EODCrafter

Not even close. :)

Depends on how you use your tuners/DVR.  For example I record all day long every show on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News.  That's 3 tuners always in use except the wee hours of the morning when they rebroadcast earlier shows.  I like to do this, so when events happen I can go back and get the different perspective/bias each station has on the event. :)

Now take last night as an example for 8pm. Here is what I had recording during that period.
CNN: Anderson Cooper 360
Fox News: Tucker Carlson Tonight
MSNBC: All in with Chris Hayes
CBS: The Big Bang Theory
Fox: Gotham
ABC: Grey's Anatomy
PHL17: Modern Family
CW: Charmed
ion: Chicago P.D.
Sportnet: NBA: Heat vs 76ers
Sportnet Phi: NHL Hockey: Flyers vs Maple Leafs (different Sportnet channel then above)

That's 11 shows being recorded at the same time besides any Live TV use.  This is not unusual for my system at all and why I have so many tuners plus IPTV so I can cover my usual habits of recordings. I'm certainly not rebroadcasting or sharing with anyone other than my direct family of 5 which are the only people I have setup in Emby.

Can't judge a book by it's cover.  LOL

I'm old-school I guess...I just watch what's on. I did say "seems". 

Edited by EODCrafter

andersoc27

Up voter here. So far I've only found tv headend able to do stuff like this and it's a flipping nightmare to set up. If Emby can do it from channel management they'll win over a whole lot of cord cutters.

Oh reallyyyyyyyyyyy??

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59607-duplicate-channels-one-tuner/?p=706156

Pot calling the kettle black much?

Hehe, you tried to judge a book by it's cover.  :)

I've got multiple HDHomeRun Quatro and Prime devices so I can record what I'm legally entitled to.  What's wrong with that?

5c73febbd776b_HDHomeRuns.png

I've got additional tuners setup on my dev machine and have a few Hauppauge tuners as well.

I have the same problem using the mixed OTA/Cable tuners as this thread.  For example CBS is 3.1 OTA but 1003 on Cable.  I can't combine them in Emby as it would give me 2 channels for the same station.  This isn't just an IPTV issue although that's in the title.. Right now Emby only combines "like" HDHomeRun tuners.

• 1 month later...
pir8radio

We plan to expand our tuner management features in a future update to allow you to do this. Thanks.

Any good word yet?    :)

• 3 weeks later...
pir8radio

Hopefully soon, thanks.

Are we there yet? Come on Dad....

[emoji51]

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 2

Westiewill

-= PLEASE UP VOTE & PROMOTE THIS REQUEST IF YOU WOULD LIKE THIS FEATURE =-

REQUEST: Properly pool multiple M3u IPTV sources, so when adding more than one with the exact same M3u emby treats them as one source with however many "Concurrent Streams" you set for each.    

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63725-multiple-iptv-tuners-double-channels/?p=636718

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/59607-duplicate-channels-one-tuner/?p=607031

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57420-multiple-identical-m3u-tuners-without-duplicate-channels/?p=560949

Basically  once M3u #1 has used all 5 of its tuners, I then need to start using the login info that is within M3u #2...  once those 5 tuners are used (now all 10 tuners), then emby issues "no tuners available". This is how emby treats HDhomeruns today, so it can't be to difficult. 

5bc72b55bcb1d_Capture.png

@@snodrog742

@@manolodf

@@robrhedrick

@@cayars

great idea! also maybe make option to assign/allow certain users to certain m3u group..

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
Senna

Are we there yet?

Not yet it seems, but ....  :rolleyes:

...... which will probably also include the ability to have multiple sources per channel.