Show off your rig..

saajan4u

Guest asrequested

Sweet setup!

Is it me or does this look like this is taken from space with the Earth in view out the window? :P

Lol.. That's what I thought, too

Guest asrequested

Still waiting on some cables and shelves for the rack, but they should be here, this week :D

5850a773c8feb_IMAG02001.jpg

5850a79d49cae_IMAG02011.jpg

5850a869d4570_IMAG02021.jpg

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 3

Guest asrequested

toys!!! mmmmmm

hours of fun :)

Yup! I'm gonna do my fan / fan controller mods. I'll assemble the rack on the weekend. And then next week, when I'm on vacation, I'll do the rest (hopefully all the cables will be here by then)

PenkethBoy

curious - can you get replacement fan walls for that case? looks like you could fit 120mm fans without too much modification?

think i would be planning a future session with my jig saw or getting a new wall plate made :)

Guest asrequested

curious - can you get replacement fan walls for that case? looks like you could fit 120mm fans without too much modification?

think i would be planning a future session with my jig saw or getting a new wall plate made :)

Yeah, they have one that has three 120mm fans. I'll see how well these work, I can always switch out, later.

PenkethBoy

Had a delivery today

5851ebb26673f_IMG_0124.jpg

a couple of Hex core L5640 Xeon babies to update one of my servers :)

and yes that is a cat paw

PenkethBoy

Only £35 each :) from quad to Hex core should be a good power bump with 8 more threads with less power draw

any more pic's of your build yet?

Edited by PenkethBoy

Guest asrequested

Only £35 each :) from quad to Hex core should be a good power bump with 8 more threads with less power draw

any more pic's of your build yet?

Nothing more to show, yet. Looks like the rest of the stuff will be delivered, tomorrow. But I'll probably pick it up next week at the post office. I'll assemble the rack, this weekend. I'll post a picture when it's up.

Heckler

I rebuilt mine 18-20 months ago and thought I'd built something pretty special... Now I've got server envy again.

Still I built mine to a very small and strict budget... case, MB, ram, cpu, cooler, psu, ssd ran me about the £400 mark... after an accident with my old one forced a premature rebuild. So I got very good value for my money.

Aside from more storage the only upgrades I'll be undertaking for the next few years will be grabbing one of the last AM3+ 8 core processors when prices hit rock bottom (AM4 is out in a few months) and swapping over the R9 280X graphics card from my gaming rig when I rebuild that next year.

PenkethBoy

have you got annoyed with those pesky nut things you put in the square holes - took me a while not to ping them across the room when putting them in place :)

politby

I think I posted in this thread a long time ago but I think it's time for an update as a lot has changed. The main change related to Emby is that I finally found a way to migrate off WMC and I am now using LibreELEC with the DVBlink add on on the clients, running on NUCs.

This is the main TV lounge/theater. A Samsung 60KS7005 on a BDI Aviion stand.

5856d23912a69_mhb2.jpg

Front and center speakers are Elac FS123 series with a pair of Pioneer Atmos add ons. A pair of miVoc hYPE 10 inch subwoofers are placed in front of each front speaker.

5856d4c714ad4_mhb3.jpg

Another pair of Elacs act as surrounds.

5856d6c41cd65_mhb5.jpg

A pair of Infinity Classia units are configured as a second set of Atmos speakers for a total of 5.2.4.

5856d65624af6_mhb4.jpg

Amplification is handled by a Pioneer SC-LX79. On the shelf below it is a Roku Ultra and the aforementioned NUC.

5856d7ab65257_mhb6.jpg

An Echo Dot and Harmony Hub.

5856d829122bb_mhb7.jpg

I spent a fair amount of time on the wiring.

5856d8af9864f_mhb8.jpg

• Like 3

Heckler

How I long for a lottery win... for many reasons... only one of which is to have a dedicated theatre room in the house I'm gonna build... Served up by a kick ass setup that will put of of yours to shame.  Until then... I'll just have to be sad whilst looking at mine wishing it was bigger and better... and the same goes for my HTPC   :P