• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bm0e OFFLINE  

bm0e

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 06:27 PM

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Title says it all. On some channels icons are missing. On others the icons on there. When I first set up Emby on Jan 29 all of the icons were there. Anyone know how to fix it? To rule out mobile client issues (even though I noticed it on iOS), I opened up a Chrome browser and the issue is still there. I am using Emby's built-in guide (since I didn't want to pay for a guide and emby provides it so I figured it would be the "most supported" option)

These channels are at the top of the guide (there are more with no icons but this is just a subset).

5c535890cbab3_localsNoIcons.png

And here are some with icons.

5c535918eeab1_espnIcons.png

I can't imagine the guide doesn't recognize the channels with no icons. Like I said they were working on Jan 29 when I purchased Emby Premiere. Anyone know what's going on?

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121834 posts
  • Local time: 07:27 PM

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:03 PM

Hi there, can you try refreshing the guide in the server and see if that pulls in some icons? thanks.

#3 bm0e OFFLINE  

bm0e

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

Hi there, can you try refreshing the guide in the server and see if that pulls in some icons? thanks.

Hey Luke,

Sorry for the delay. I had to reboot the computer the emby server resides on and the guide is in the process of refreshing. It is not finished yet BUT I did notice that the channels that had no icons that I shared above still have no icons. There are channels below these in the guide that are getting channels.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121834 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

Ok. I don't think it's guaranteed that they're going to have icons for every single channel, but if you can make a list we'll pass it along. thanks.

#5 bm0e OFFLINE  

bm0e

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:42 PM

I wanted to let the guide refresh finish. Now the problem has expanded to channels in the guide not having any tv listings. The pattern I noticed is that if there is no icon for the channel then there is also no tv listing.

I don't get it. Emby Guide uses Gracenote right? I tested a Gracenote guide in a Plex setup and all the channels and icons are there. If Emby and Plex are both using Gracenote, then if there is a problem with Gracenote, I should be seeing the error in both places right?

5c5b2a1e16e81_noIconsOrListings.png

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121834 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:46 PM

Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gracenote, live tv, icons, guide, epg, channels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users