Recording Episode or Series in Specific NextPVR Folder

rene.teniere

Spaceboy

DVB

viewer doesn't support analog and

xteve is all but useless it maybe ok in your neck of the wood but in US and there are no IPTV

provider in US even the folk at SiliconDust are having a hard time with with all drop channels, beside it just matter of time even where you at things will changes to

sorry I don’t understand

rene.teniere

for only 2 tuners then perhaps using the npvr plugin makes more sense.

in setting up an m3u you tell emby how many tuners it can access so in your case it wouldnt request a 3rd one and interrupt anything that was already being watched or recorded but the 3rd request would fail

also emby uses the same stream for multiple clients if possible so there's no wastage there.

i'm not sure how things have changed recently because i've been very happy with my dumb tuner / m3u setup for over a year now but when i last tried the plugins were significantly slower at starting up streaming than doing it all in emby and often transcoded when they didnt need to. Probably the same issue really. And plugin just werent getting any attention from emby dev's. things appear to have improved for the better recently. Although i know by comparison with other people using the ATV app on a shield that my channel start up times are (in my eyes) significantly better than most. 

Yes. So for the like 100th time I have set up my series recordings and discovered that through the NextPVR plugin, when you set up the recording in Emby, you cannot change the settings afterwards. I think this is an NPVR thing because I have similar issues using the NextPVR GUI. In Emby, this can be fixed by allowing the user to change settings BEFORE scheduling the recording. Until that is fixed either on the NPVR or Emby side of things, I will be using the m3u tuner option and limiting the tuners to 2 (since that is all I have).

SHSPVR

sorry I don’t understand

DVBviewer doesn't support analog as in Hauppauge HD-PVR model or capture card that has Video Analog input prefer Hardware MPEG-2 encoder to be used from a STB like Sat or Cable no do you understand ?

xteve is europe service I'm in USA there are no Legal USA IPTV service get it ?.

You do know that europe is also working on law why do think Kodi is always in hot water heck in Roku got in a bunch hot water of IPTV service in and no ban from Mexico.

Edited by SHSPVR

Spaceboy

DVBviewer doesn't support analog as in Hauppauge HD-PVR model or capture card that has Video Analog input prefer Hardware MPEG-2 encoder to be used from a STB like Sat or Cable no do you understand ?

xteve is europe service I'm in USA there are no Legal USA IPTV service get it ?.

You do know that europe is also working on law why do think Kodi is always in hot water heck in Roku got in a bunch hot water of IPTV service in and no ban from Mexico.

sorry. no i don't understand why you would think i would care about that. i didn't respond to you and this isn't your thread.

also you make some really ridiculous statements that have no basis in reality.

i don't know about DVBViewer supporting analogue devices but as the analogue tv signal was turned off in the UK in 2012 you'll forgive me for not thinking that is a problem

xteve is europe service I'm in USA there are no Legal USA IPTV service get it ?. You do know that europe is also working on law why do think Kodi is always in hot water heck in Roku got in a bunch hot water of IPTV service in and no ban from Mexico.

Absolute crap from start to finish i'm afraid. inform yourself before you start lecturing inhabitants of those countries what is happening in their countries.

Don't bother responding

SHSPVR

sorry. no i don't understand why you would think i would care about that. i didn't respond to you and this isn't your thread.

also you make some really ridiculous statements that have no basis in reality.

i don't know about DVBViewer supporting analogue devices but as the analogue tv signal was turned off in the UK in 2012 you'll forgive me for not thinking that is a problem

xteve is europe service I'm in USA there are no Legal USA IPTV service get it ?. You do know that europe is also working on law why do think Kodi is always in hot water heck in Roku got in a bunch hot water of IPTV service in and no ban from Mexico.

Absolute crap from start to finish i'm afraid. inform yourself before you start lecturing inhabitants of those countries what is happening in their countries.

Don't bother responding

Last time I check it call discussion forum it doesn't matter who thread it is any one can joint in on the discussion

If that absolute carp then you name me one Legal USA IPTV service other then HDHomeRun service that allow you to record local on your own system that not cloud service.

Then perhaps you take the time to visit torrenfreak as said it just matter of time then I say see I told you so.

Edited by SHSPVR

Spaceboy

Last time I check it call discussion forum it doesn't matter who thread it is any one can joint in on the discussion

If that absolute carp then you name me one Legal USA IPTV service other then HDHomeRun service that allow you to record local on your own system that not cloud service.

Then perhaps you take the time to visit torrenfreak as said it just matter of time then I say see I told you so.

then ou might want to modify your incredibly aggressive tone

SHSPVR

then ou might want to modify your incredibly aggressive tone

How is that an aggressive tone ?

personally I just make sure that emby has enough tuners (8 currently) that this isn’t an issue.

Yep, that is certainly a good way to alleviate any issues with this approach. It's not suitable for anyone with only one or two tuner - they'll absolutely get regular failed recordings. 

rene.teniere

Like I said though, I am the only one who can access LiveTV and I only have 3 OTA channels available to record from. Pickings are slim. With all the series I have scheduled I don't even have one time slot that overlaps. I can definitely see a country or Province that has many channels OTA having issues. I wish Nova Scotia was one of them  :(.

...tell me if I am correct in my assumptions...

Users of unsupported tuner hardware in Emby but supported through NextPVR must:

1. Have tuner(s) set up and working in NextPVR (You can set up individual recording folders if you like, however, will not make a difference if you record using Emby DVR).
  2. Connect to and set up EPG (Electronic Programming Guide) schedule and updates as per usual so you could record in NextPVR if you wanted to.
  3. Install the NextPVR Plugin in Emby and perform a server restart.
  4. DO NOT set up a tuner card (won't find mine anyway) or create a m3u tuner.
  5. Manually Refresh Guide Data. The channels and content should now automagically appear in LiveTV.
  6. Modify the Emby scheduled task for Refresh Guide Data updates to occur every 6 hours starting at 12:00am (Next PVR EPG is updated at 2:30am).
  7. Set up the Emby DVR folders for default recordings, movies and series (main point of this forum thread).
  8. Now you should be able to record content, go into Series Settings (and hopefully in the future be able to pick a folder to record the content into), etc.
  9. Have the same access to recordings, schedule, etc. as everyone else does with their mainstream tuner directly connected to Emby.

For #6, I can't see why you'd need updates every 6 hours. Just schedule one for soon after the NextPVR EPG update, say 3:00am. 

I don't use Emby myself, so not sure about these other Emby-specific things that I've struck out. 

You miss one can't not modify series timers in NextPVR nor Emby Plug-in

By the why Sub did you get my email ?.

It depends what you want to modify. You can't change the 'recording type' (from say a 'one-off recording' to 'all episodes on this channel'), but you can certainly modify all the other properties, like padding, or the number of episodes to keep, or recording directory. If Emby is not allowing your to modify those types of things, then it'll just be some limitation of the Emby plugin. 

Yes, I got your email, but I'd been unexpectedly hospitalized for a few nights, so not really in a state to be responding to emails etc. 

SHSPVR

For #6, I can't see why you'd need updates every 6 hours. Just schedule one for soon after the NextPVR EPG update, say 3:00am. 

I don't use Emby myself, so not sure about these other Emby-specific things that I've struck out. 

here a perfect example of this

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/66961-npvr-no-images/

If only do it ever 24 hour it end up with no image

Darn it posted the wrong URL

Edited by SHSPVR

here a perfect example of this

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/68860-image-for-npvr-recordings/

If only do it ever 24 hour it end up with no image

Nope, that wont require you to update the EPG every 6 hours. As long as Emby has refreshed after NextPVR updated it's EPG, then Emby will be asking for artwork for valid show identifiers, and NextPVR will give it artwork if it is available. 

SHSPVR

It depends what you want to modify. You can't change the 'recording type' (from say a 'one-off recording' to 'all episodes on this channel'), but you can certainly modify all the other properties, like padding, or the number of episodes to keep, or recording directory. If Emby is not allowing your to modify those types of things, then it'll just be some limitation of the Emby plugin. 

Yes, I got your email, but I'd been unexpectedly hospitalized for a few nights, so not really in a state to be responding to emails etc. 

That the problem change the all episodes to first run only or any else and even with-in NextPVR it can not be modify that way either we have to del it then re-add it back.

Ok then you get better.

That the problem change the all episodes to first run only or any else and even with-in NextPVR it can not be modify that way either we have to del it then re-add it back.

I'll probably make it possible to adjust the recording type in this next version of NextPVR.

SHSPVR

I'll probably make it possible to adjust the recording type in this next version of NextPVR.

Ok

Any way I grab the wrong URL about I fix the link to right issues

Ok

Any way I grab the wrong URL about I fix the link to right issues

As long as you're doing one update, after the NextPVR has finished it's update, then that is all you need. In that updated url, I'm pretty sure the one person that it did help in that thread (rene.teniere), was due to him not having his Emby refresh at the right time in the first place.

If you're absolutely sure you need it, then I'm happy to look at the logs showing the error, to diagnose what is really happening. (pretty sure it'll show emby asking for artwork for show id that isn't valid because it hasn't refreshed it's guide data)

Edited by sub3

SHSPVR

As long as you're doing one update, after the NextPVR has finished it's update, then that is all you need. In that updated url, I'm pretty sure the one person that it did help in that thread (rene.teniere), was due to him not having his Emby refresh at the right time in the first place.

If you're absolutely sure you need it, then I'm happy to look at the logs showing the error, to diagnose what is really happening. (pretty sure it'll show emby asking for artwork for show id that isn't valid because it hasn't refreshed it's guide data)

I think I try but mine set diff at time more like NPVR 5PM and Emby 6PM because Gracenote always making monkey mess out the EPG and that best time to do here in US with both SD and Emby guide need less to say

rene.teniere

The refresh might have been messed up because of the testing I was doing with all the tuner sources. It worked so I just didn't bother putting it back. Will refresh once AFTER NextPVR updates the EPG. That is the least of my worries with the plugin as I cannot change recording settings after the fact (couldn't change the frequency, etc) in Emby. I would have to record the series in Emby, go to series recording settings in NextPVR and make the modifications in there if possible, or delete the series and re-record by filling in the correct settings... Way too much work. I use a Roku to access my content so this is not a practical solution.

Either the Emby DVR record series settings are shown automatically before the recording is scheduled to allow for the proper settings, or NextPVR is modified so that settings can be changed after the fact. Right now they do not play nice together.

I think I try but mine set diff at time more like NPVR 5PM and Emby 6PM because Gracenote always making monkey mess out the EPG and that best time to do here in US with both SD and Emby guide need less to say

The best time of day to update it is when you're not likely to be scheduling recordings (so late at night through to early in the morning). 

Edited by sub3

SHSPVR

The best time of day to update it is when you're not likely to be scheduling recordings (so late at night through to early in the morning). 

Not around here at lease not with DirecTV guide data as I can't count how time it still show a blank data info when there was a new show coming that night on especial with science channel and few other funny's things there guide data on STB it self you know the show info what season and episode at lease 95% of time it get corrected after around 5pm

then I would like to just be able to, say, record a news broadcast series, go into the recording settings and change it from the default series folder to a folder that MCE Buddy doesn't scan. Same with sports, they are content I do not wish to keep past 3 episodes. All my other recordings can go into the default series folder and get scanned, converted, and permanently stored in my library. Currently it is a laborious process to do this when everything gets dumped into a single series folder (each show gets its own MCE task filtered by recording name so news and sports don't get picked up). The process is doable now, but I thought the option would be nice...

I do something similar now using MCEBuddy.  I have turned off compression so I only use it for cutting the commercials which is decently fast.  You can then have it push that News or Sports series to the location of your choice.  I dump the shows/movies I'm going to archive into another folder where I have another set of scripts do the compression to H.264 or H.265 and other stuff.

Keep in mind the one serious limitation with this approach - Emby doesn't know how many tuners NextPVR has, and doesn't know what channels can be accessed at the same time as other channels using single tuner (multi-rec), so probably wont be able to tell you about scheduling issues until the recording fails. (Also, if you're using other client types, like Kodi etc, they wont play nicely using this approach)

When using NextPVR as an IPTV source you can set the number of tuners if you wish.  However, Emby doesn't have any built in conflict resolution so it doesn't matter.  Even with 4 OTA tuners you can set it to 20 tuners just to get the use of Multi-Rec and it doesn't hurt anything.  When you run out of tuners, you run out of tuners...  :)

SHSPVR

When using NextPVR as an IPTV source you can set the number of tuners if you wish.  However, Emby doesn't have any built in conflict resolution so it doesn't matter.  Even with 4 OTA tuners you can set it to 20 tuners just to get the use of Multi-Rec and it doesn't hurt anything.  When you run out of tuners, you run out of tuners...  :)

That true I even outline this in this link post that something that Emby crew need to also address.

As of right now that only thing that Plex manage to get right.

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
SHSPVR

So I did look into Cast4Me and I didn't want to spend more money, so I used the back-end of NextPVR to write my own m3u file for Emby. This way I don't need the plugin, I can just use it like IPTV. Now I can leverage Emby's DVR and scheduling. Way less work for me.

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0, 3 - CBHT-DT

http://127.0.0.1:8866/live?channel=3

#EXTINF:0, 8 - CIHF-HD

http://127.0.0.1:8866/live?channel=8

Just go something dumb to ask I able to get NextPVR to work but will not let do mulit tuner another words if I setup 2 recording only of them get record the other just stop

So I wonder what else did you do ?.

Edited by SHSPVR

You need to modify your URLs to use the client parameter.  Basically "trick" NPVR into allowing more than 1 connection from the IP.

By default NPVR will ASSUME that a new channel change means to tear down the old connection and reuse a tuner since that's the way that will work best for most other apps.

I set the parameter to match the channel number which makes it unique per stream.