Things that need still need be address in Emby as DVR

SHSPVR

SHSPVR
The only thing I didn't care for was content type Home video & photo being group together, But that not a big deal but I perfer them as a separate library as before.

Thing I like to see:
  1. Active Video overlay in Background or Window mode very usedful when display the TV Guide over top of a running video or in a small windows off to side like most DVR do.
  2. Audio Visualizations for Music 
  3. Weather Plug-in.

DVR:
  1. I like to see it get directly integrated support for ATSC and DVB and at lease one option for Analog Capture (perfered HD-PVR or as 2nd option HDMI IPTV encoder) with IR Blaster (perfered USB-UIRT or 2nd option IP2IR) support (Hauppauge IR Blaster has no REAL support with mulit IR Blaster) that way it not relying on WinTV software.
  2. Searching is a bit of trainwreck I don't see the point of it displaying all the Show Episodes and as for name Programs it should really should be rename as TV Programs and for it not to diplay all the episodes but stead just the Show name it self that will make it a bit less confusing.
  3. I like to see Browse by Category Geners searhing with TV Guide.
  4. The TV Guide still has no watched status nor any way to mark them as Watched in the guide which very used fully in knowing what has been watched or not watched from Moive, TV show/episodes and if Emby knows what we all ready watched it dosen't need re-record the show episodes over and over after it was deleted and must key history database.
  5. It really lacking any kind of Intelligent Recording, for example no auto delete of the oldest recording show or movie in order to make room by freeing up space for new incoming recording unless other wise specified to save.
  6. Make Custom Scheduling Series by using * as a wildcard for example let start with Building Off the Grid you can't used it to record all the series becuases each show is separate and they will have be add one at time but by using wildcard and have it searching for word [building Off the Grid] then it will find all show, just another exmple on how badly the 3rdparty epg has been handel.
  7. Series Timer are not very customizable really lack option.
  8. Mulit-Default recording path with space balancing and free space rule as leaving space with out using all the disk space.
  9. Seem be no conflicts manager oh boy that be a bit of headache

Guide Interface:
  1. Guide grid layout scaling still need a bit work as I scroll down or up half of a another channel is being display not very shameless.
  2. It still need ability to scroll from one day in to next day with out stopping at every 24 hour plases change the scrolling patten to continuous and address date as well for example it Thur/13 8:00AM and I scroll in to Fri/14 8:00AM that date on top it still show on top as Thur/13 which should have shifted over to Fri/14.
  3. Ditch the popup menu how about doing a drop down row with in the guide it self in it place when chossing a show or movie.
  4. I like see Channel Logo get it own row and be ligth color background that way when using a dark theme the logo show up in the guide.

So far been happy after using Emby even when it was called Media Brower it sure have come long ways in look and features.

Edited by SHSPVR
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback ! Some of these are not DVR related though. Are you up for creating separate feature request topics? Thanks !

Audio visualization, weather, etc.

Also separating these requests into individual topics will give them higher visibility. Thanks.