macOS - Remote access hangs with 4.0.1

Natilus13

Natilus13

Hello all,

I was excited to update to the new 4.0.1 release. The database upgrade seemed to run smoothly and everything locally works fine. Remote connections just hang however, so I have had to roll back to 3.5.3.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
N

strandveien

I bug tested this for many days. Found out plugins where causing hiccups. Trailers, Cinema-mode, Tunein and TV Mosaic (same with DVB Logic). Caused infinite loading and library not showing in home screen. I also reverted to older versions of server until I had the same problems when testing with plugins. Deleting the plugins above made server fast as ever especially on latest version and also bug free. Encounter the library not showing up again after installing TV Mosaic. Livet works as it should but library with movies and tv series is somehow gone and not working. (Uninstall TV Mosaic and library is back)

AZRichG

No issues from my iPad, iPhone and a different iMac (from the one that's the server).

I do have two Emby processes running, one with the icon and one without (after install restart, etc). 

Natilus13

No issues from my iPad, iPhone and a different iMac (from the one that's the server).

I do have two Emby processes running, one with the icon and one without (after install restart, etc). 

But are all of these running on your local network? I have no issues on my LAN, only remote access causes the library hang.

Natilus13

I bug tested this for many days. Found out plugins where causing hiccups. Trailers, Cinema-mode, Tunein and TV Mosaic (same with DVB Logic). Caused infinite loading and library not showing in home screen. I also reverted to older versions of server until I had the same problems when testing with plugins. Deleting the plugins above made server fast as ever especially on latest version and also bug free. Encounter the library not showing up again after installing TV Mosaic. Livet works as it should but library with movies and tv series is somehow gone and not working. (Uninstall TV Mosaic and library is back)

Thanks, I can take a look at my plugins. That being said, if they aren't working with this new version then I would rather stay with 3.5.3 ;-)

Thanks, I can take a look at my plugins. That being said, if they aren't working with this new version then I would rather stay with 3.5.3 ;-)

Following the update, most plugins will need to be updated, so please make sure to do that or you may have problems.

Natilus13

Thanks @@Luke, I'll double check but I think they are all up to date. I had also tried pulling a bunch but after I would log into a session, I would just get a spinning wheel. Also, I noticed that at the top of my screen were only "Home" and "Favourites". Everything server side works fine though.

One other odd thing I noticed. When I went back to 3.5.3, the only plugin showing as installed was Slack. Could that have anything to do with the database upgrade that was run when I went to 4.0.1? When I flip back to 4.0.1, all my plugins show up again as expected.

Going backwards isn't supported, although i realize you're doing it anyway. But you're going to end up with lots of plugins that need to be rolled back as well besides the server. And then there's the issue of the upgraded database and how the older version will react to that. So that's why we say it's not supported. Best thing to do is stay on the latest now that you've updated. Make sure your plugins are up to date. Then if you're still having an issue please attach the Emby server log. Thanks.

Natilus13

Going backwards isn't supported, although i realize you're doing it anyway. But you're going to end up with lots of plugins that need to be rolled back as well besides the server. And then there's the issue of the upgraded database and how the older version will react to that. So that's why we say it's not supported. Best thing to do is stay on the latest now that you've updated. Make sure your plugins are up to date. Then if you're still having an issue please attach the Emby server log. Thanks.

Yeah, I assumed that this wasn't really supported ;-)

I've gone back to 4.0.1 and am still having the same issue. All my plugins appear to be up to date. I've sent you my log files in a PM.

Thanks!

Natilus13

Hi @@Luke Have you had a chance to look over the log files I sent you? One other thing I should point out, I was mistaken. I am not actually able to load any files on LAN or WAN. I am only able to access things if I connect directly from the server.

Luckily, even though it isn't supported, rolling back is working. As you pointed out though, I have had to reinstall my plugins.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers,

N

Natilus13

Please try removing the iptv plugin, then restart the server. thanks.

Success! Things are back running as they should be. I had completely missed that plugin earlier. In fact, I haven't even been using it so I am more than happy to remove it.

Appreciate the help once again :-)