V4 What is going on?

djlf

What I don’t get is before the update it was perfect ?? So why change library type?? Have mixed content library’s been fundamentally changed and if so why.?? V4 is certainly not behaving like v3 did. Am I the only one with this issue? What governs how Emby displays folders?

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce this?

​If I understand the issue, yes this is reproducible. 

The folder levels are only honored with 2 or more items.

Example as you see with only one item in a sub folder only the last folder is displayed.  Instead of full folder structure.  ​One item

5c48f7ffb6e60_one.jpg

5c48f80f553c3_one1.jpg

But with two items the structure is maintained.

5c48f9fc9c40b_2two.jpg

5c48fa0deb6d3_two.jpg

5c48fa211c8ca_two2.jpg

Happy2Play

What I don’t get is before the update it was perfect ?? So why change library type?? Have mixed content library’s been fundamentally changed and if so why.?? V4 is certainly not behaving like v3 did. Am I the only one with this issue? What governs how Emby displays folders?

Do you not see a major improvement is performance?  Obviously there needs to be more beta testers that have odd libraries as I do not use Mixed content only test others issues.

Thanks happy2play , that’s exactly what I’m seeing in all mixed content libraries, so this confirms that it’s an issue with v4?? Will this be fixed with an update?? As for performance, I’m not seeing a major improvement. I’m getting more crashes since the update and slow responses when I click on a library sometimes. Overall disappointing for me and I’ve been using it , and impressing friends with it for years.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

This explains part of the quirk I was seeing while testing .ignore files eliminating parent folder and bring item up one level in the UI.

3.5 presented exact structure.  ie Billy Conolly then Live.  Where v4 jumps directly to Live.

@@Luke

Can this be resolved in next update please, cause as is, if you add a one file folder to a parent folder, the parent folder and it's content won't appear.

• Like 1

Waiting for an answer guys??. Is this issue going to be resolved. Would like to know before I post about other issues with v4

Happy2Play

Patients not like this is the only issue that needs to be reviewed.

• Like 1

No problem. Looking forward to getting it back to the way it was. Just updated to latest beta which seems to have solved other issues I was having. Starting to see better performance too so much happier with it now. Will test it out more tomorrow. Thanks for your reply

Waiting for an answer guys??. Is this issue going to be resolved. Would like to know before I post about other issues with v4

Diagnosing the issue is sometimes the hardest part.  Now that the cause of the issue has been identified allow Luke a bit of time to investigate and see what code changes will be needed.

Would like to know before I post about other issues with v4

I would just post them. Ideally one issue per topic please. Thanks.

CBers

No problem. Looking forward to getting it back to the way it was. Just updated to latest beta which seems to have solved other issues I was having. Starting to see better performance too so much happier with it now. Will test it out more tomorrow. Thanks for your reply

Just out of curiosity, and not to demean your problems, but have you tried setting up a 2nd library with your Comedy content, but as a standard Movie library (type=Movie), with each movie in it's own folder ??

Give it a try as it might just be quicker doing it that way than waiting for Luke to get a fix available. 

Just a thought.
  • Like 1

The latest beta server should hopefully resolve all of the mixed content issues. thanks.

Thanks for all the hard work, for the life of me I can not find how to select my release level anymore on the server. The folder issue is a huge issue on my end. 

I have other issue that I would like to screen shot but I can not open a remote dashboard. What is the correct URL for this if I am on the same network as the server. Used to be:

http://192.168.0.11:8096/emby/web/dashboard.html - Where as 192.168.0.11 was my server.

Thanks

m

Happy2Play

Thanks for all the hard work, for the life of me I can not find how to select my release level anymore on the server. The folder issue is a huge issue on my end. 

I have other issue that I would like to screen shot but I can not open a remote dashboard. What is the correct URL for this if I am on the same network as the server. Used to be:

http://192.168.0.11:8096/emby/web/dashboard.html - Where as 192.168.0.11 was my server.

Thanks

m

What do you get if you enter ipaddress:8096?

What do you mean select release levels?  If you are referring to Stable or Beta releases, the only way to change them is running the installer from the Download page.

What do you get if you enter ipaddress:8096?

What do you mean select release levels?  If you are referring to Stable or Beta releases, the only way to change them is running the installer from the Download page.

Thanks for the fast response.

192.168.0.11:8996 load nothing. 8096 is the remote port in my server and worked fine on version 3.X

Yes I was referring how to revert to Beta from stable. There used to be a server setting, So you saying to test the folder fix I need to wipe out my server and reinstalled at beta version. Yikes. 

I will be honest, been a fan since 2006 and was really happy before the version 4 release. Now my remote does not work, home screen is a mess and the folder issue is killing me. 

Look forward to the next version. I don't have the cycles to rebuild the server, wish I did. Family is mad at me and keeps telling to stop messing with the setup :(

Thank again, I get it to move forward you need to make changes. 

m

Happy2Play

Thanks for the fast response.

192.168.0.11:8996 load nothing. 8096 is the remote port in my server and worked fine on version 3.X

Yes I was referring how to revert to Beta from stable. There used to be a server setting, So you saying to test the folder fix I need to wipe out my server and reinstalled at beta version. Yikes

I will be honest, been a fan since 2006 and was really happy before the version 4 release. Now my remote does not work, home screen is a mess and the folder issue is killing me. 

Look forward to the next version. I don't have the cycles to rebuild the server, wish I did. Family is mad at me and keeps telling to stop messing with the setup :(

Thank again, I get it to move forward you need to make changes. 

m

The branch version switch was removed ages ago.  You don't need to wipe anything out.  The installer will just switch branches just like a normal update.

Are you saying you access Emby from another machine, just not the dashboard?

The branch version switch was removed ages ago.  You don't need to wipe anything out.  The installer will just switch branches just like a normal update.

Are you saying you access Emby from another machine, just not the dashboard?

Thanks, I am out of time today to test the installer. 

You are correct, from my desktop I can no longer access the server dashboard from my desktop in the same subnet. The application responses on my apply tablet and phone. I checked the windows firewall and 8096 is open. The server is a NUC that runs the MB application to watch content as well.

Sorry did not mean to hijack the thread but related...

If I had the remote dashboard I could screen shot and share the challenges with the home screen as well. Presently compared to 3.X  this release 4.X is a usability of 2 out of 10. I know you guys will fix it. I have since turned off automatic updates. Learned this lesson the hard way.

m

Screenshots are welcome. Thanks.

Sorry, seems I can not past screenshots see attached... Well forget that...I do not have permission to upload a word file...

Basciall the EMBY threatre and browers version display different with the same setting. Love you show you but pulling my hair out over here.

m

Edited by Info1

@@Info1 i would suggest staying on the stable channel and we'll have the fixes out as soon as we can. Thanks.

Thanks Luke, one this I do want to stress is the browser version 4.0.1.0 works fine on the home screen, the MB Theatre is not presenting the home screen correctly. This is what was in the file I wanted to attach.

Like I started you guys have been here since 2006 and I know you will resolve it. This was not a dot release but a full release and my lesson learned was to turn off automatic updates to give me time to review feedback and fully understand new features and configurations. 

Thanks for all the hard work.

m