V4 What is going on?

djlf

tillithz

can you link us to the .exe and a recommended way to go back to version 3.5?

appreciate the work with Emby and all but this is a pretty big Ooops and for the people that dont have the time to help develop the issue its enough to push us over the edge. 

Happy2Play

can you link us to the .exe and a recommended way to go back to version 3.5?

appreciate the work with Emby and all but this is a pretty big Ooops and for the people that dont have the time to help develop the issue its enough to push us over the edge. 

Emby does not make a stand alone installer.  All Emby does is gets a new system folder and backs up the old.  So it is a matter of replacing the current system folder with the version you want.  But you have to remember to remove all plugins as they have been updated and are not compatible with older versions and of course the database update that is not compatible in older versions.

But you should find what you need here.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/tag/3.5.3.0

tillithz

thanks for that Happy2Play.

this has turned into such a mess. We need a fix, THE fix.. quick. I cant keep going through this with emby every single time. it seems many others have lives too. 

Please whoever needs to read this, dont make me go back to plex (thatll be almost as bad as ver. 4) lol

seriously though, if I have to I'll go back to plex because its reliable, the only issue I had with plex was the audio being inconsistent, I will. but I dont want to feel like the jacka$$ for going down the emby premier road.

Is there a resolution on the way for the issue?? Is it a mixed content problem?? I've deleted my library, rebuilt it and updated to latest beta. Problem persists. Also, now if I add new content that is a single file to a folder that contains other files - the folder will not appear in emby (and it's content) but the new file will appear. If I then delete the new file and Rescan, the folder reappears with its original content. Crazy stuff. Love emby but starting to wonder if plex will take up less time in terms of problems with updating.

Hi.  Two things -

1) Be sure you are running the beta of EMC

2) Try turning off "Legacy Browsing" if you have that turned on

Let us know the outcome of those two.

Thanks.

pino2000

I've learned the best thing after an emby update or a fresh install is patience, lots of patience, for the most part things that look messed up will correct themselves given time. After a few days you can panic.Chaturbate Xnxx Tubegalore

Library check finished. Everything I did was refresh the server. It's a wreck folks. Organizers vanished. Organizers won't rescan. Attempting to modify the libraries however same issues returning. Attempted both steady and beta. Same thing. Welcome a great deal of diligent work goes into Emby, yet can't see how it's goes from ideal yesterday to mess today after updates. Extremely debilitating reason it's going to take a really long time of work to get it back to where it was. Outputs are moderate as well and now the metadata is raising insane outcomes. It's a wreck. Experience experienced issues with different updates previously however this is the most pessimistic scenario yet.

Edited by pino2000

4.0.1 is currently rolling out to address the issue with both mixed content libraries as well as movie identification. Apologies for the disruption. Thanks guys.

4.0.1 is currently rolling out to address the issue with both mixed content libraries as well as movie identification. Apologies for the disruption. Thanks guys.

i'm currently on beta so do i need to go back to stable?? as beta is giving me the issues too

• Like 1

Ok, I'm just having a hard time following when it's report embedded into another topic. Thanks.

Sorry guys.

Honestly don't know where this should be since it all coincided with the v4.0 Server update.  That's why I continued to post here.

Hey guys, ive installed latest stable release in the hope that everything would return to the way it was in V3.

Sadly, nothing has changed. Any folder, that contains one folder within it, will not show up in emby. And im talking different libraries which come from 

separate drives. Any folder, that contains 2 or more folders, be it music, tv shows, will show up in emby.

Help...............seriously peed off that something that worked like a gem for so long is now a mess.

What did ye change from V3 to do this??? 

If i create a new folder lets say "Billy Connolly" in my stand up library , with nothing in the folder, i get a nice new folder with Billys smiley face.Now put new folder with content, ie his concert, nfo file etc. into the folder, rescan, Billys smiley face folder disappears and billy concert shows up!!  So no nested folder, happy. 2 or more nested folders, happy. 1 nested folder.......not happy

Any folder, that contains one folder within it, will not show up in emby.

We're happy to help. Can you please give an example?

We're happy to help. Can you please give an example?

Hi luke, if you look back through the thread I've given examples, posted pics.logs aswell. Here are 2 more.

post-1073-0-06006800-1548236637_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CBers

@@djlf FWIW, and I'm not suggesting you do this, but I have a number of stand-up DVD rips (converted to MKV) and I just added them to my Movies library and never had an issue.

Not sure what genres they have, but no reason why you couldn't add another one for easier lookup.

@@djlf FWIW, and I'm not suggesting you do this, but I have a number of stand-up DVD rips (converted to MKV) and I just added them to my Movies library and never had an issue.

Not sure what genres they have, but no reason why you couldn't add another one for easier lookup.

My movies library seems ok. The example above is a mixed content library with folders for animation, documentaries, stand up comedy. I'm sure we all have different ways of organising but in this case, all my libraries were perfect in emby for years. Until v4 arrived. The update is the only change to my system but I feel I'm repeating myself in this thread. Was Hoping new stable release would solve it but no. Can't see anything wrong with my file structures. Used to use mediaportal years ago and this is just pushing me in that direction again.

• Like 1

Hi luke, if you look back through the thread I've given examples, posted pics.logs aswell. Here are 2 more.

@@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce this?