V4 What is going on?

djlf

Updated to V4 but folders gone missing in my libraries for no apparent reason. Have a folder named Magic with tv shows that for some unknown reason will not scan. Tried deleting my libraries and rebuilding but same error occurs. This is really dissapointing that when new updates come out I end up having to spend hours rebuilding. Was fien , indeed perfect before update. Getting tired of the product now because it seems to happen everytime theres a big update. Went to beta and same issue. Why does it have a problem with a folder labelled magic but the other folders are fine??

Library scan completed. All I did was update the server. It’s a mess guys. Folders disappeared. Folders won’t rescan. Trying to rebuild the libraries but same issues reappearing. Tried both stable and beta. Same thing. Appreciate a lot of hard work goes into Emby, but can’t understand how it’s goes from perfect yesterday to mess today after updates. Really disheartening cause it’s gonna take hours and hours of work to get it back to where it was. Scans are slow too and now the metadata is bringing up crazy results. It’s a mess. Have had trouble with other updates in the past but this is the worst case yet.

Hi.  Do you have multiple libraries setup that point to the same locations?

Hi.  Did you confirm whether or not this is the case?

Yes I think I might have, but can’t see how that is causing the issues. When you say same location do you mean same drive letter??

Library scan completed. All I did was update the server. It’s a mess guys. Folders disappeared. Folders won’t rescan. Trying to rebuild the libraries but same issues reappearing. Tried both stable and beta. Same thing. Appreciate a lot of hard work goes into Emby, but can’t understand how it’s goes from perfect yesterday to mess today after updates. Really disheartening cause it’s gonna take hours and hours of work to get it back to where it was. Scans are slow too and now the metadata is bringing up crazy results. It’s a mess. Have had trouble with other updates in the past but this is the worst case yet.

Sounds like to me your system is still updating things and hasn't finished with all the updates it needs to do.  Once this has finished library scans will be very fast.

It took me a couple of days for the system to calm down and get back to normal.

annisman

I've learned the best thing after an emby update or a fresh install is patience, lots of patience, for the most part things that look messed up will correct themselves given time. After a few days you can panic.

• Like 1

Yes I think I might have, but can’t see how that is causing the issues. When you say same location do you mean same drive letter??

No, I mean a situation like:

Library 1 pointing to D:\Movies and

Library 2 pointing to D:\Movies\Action

The two libraries would both be pointing to the Action folder.

Bug after bug. Now have a problem where half of the folders in a library show up and the other half are gone but content of them shows up. As an example , have a library called music videos with subfolders named after different artists. Half the artist folders show up after scan where as the rest don’t but the content within the missing artist folder is showing up. It was perfect before update. Rebuilt the library but problem persists so now have a messy library . When is next release due?? How do I roll back to previous version of server until a non buggy release comes on line??

I've merged the topics as it looks like they're discussing the same issue. We're happy to help if you can go over an example. thanks !

Happy2Play

To me it looks like a mixed content library with media in nested folders.  Emby is attempting to show you those nested folders, all images with a folder icon show there are additional folders in that folder.

I've helped a few people today via TeamViewer with similar issues and every time it's been admin induced issues because they aren't waiting for the system to finish EVERYTHING it needs to do after the update.  Then they start removing libs and adding them back not realizing the info is still in the database and that this didn't help one bit.  The admin just causes themselves more grief not WAITING for things to update properly and not understanding that removing/adding the file again isn't going to help.

Depending on what they've done after the update it's sometimes better to shutdown Emby, rename the library.db file and then restart it and WAIT until everything reloads back like it was. Although as CBers commented in another thread deleting the DB file also means loss of watched status.  But this can be worked around after the fact as long as you keep the original DB (hence renaming it).

I'm surely not saying that there are not issues but I haven't come across any yet that weren't just from not properly waiting for Emby to rescan and then refresh all the meta-data and posters, etc...

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1

annisman

Emby ain't stupid, it can be slow and take a while to do it's thing but Emby 99% of the time knows what it's doing.

• Like 1

Yes very true.

It's just unfortunate that everyone expects this update to work like all others where the system is ready to use a minute or so after the update (if that).  This update can take hours to do it's thing due to the migration and updates of all the tables and also the meta/picture libraries on disk that are different.

• Like 1

all the issues im showing are geuine and after full scans and waitng. buggy is version 4

How long did you wait?

Roughly how many movies and tv show episodes do you have roughly?

To me it looks like a mixed content library with media in nested folders.  Emby is attempting to show you those nested folders, all images with a folder icon show there are additional folders in that folder.

Yes its mixed content with nested folders,but in v3 , all the folders were showing as in library printscreen but now, v4, only a few are. ie there should be a billy connolly folder in emby but instead i just get the folder content. Its how i like to setup my library and was perfect in v3

all the issues im showing are geuine and after full scans and waitng. buggy is version 4

Is that the only log file you have since the update took place?

Asked another way.  Did you just do the update about 1 hour ago?

Happy2Play

The images you posted are for a Stand Up Comedy Library, What is the issue with that library?  All I see it the revamped Folder identification.  I think we need to look at one issue at a time, breaking it down by library content type and the issue.