V4 What is going on?

djlf

It was let update overnight 8hrs. Have approx 24tb of library. Scan was finished. Did some checks following morning. Needless to say i'd rather roll back as folders arent showing, single file tv episodes were making folders dissapear once the file was put in said folder. Theatre stopped working. worried what im gonna find next. Being using EMBY for years. Never saw it as bad as this and going by the forum there seems to be plenty not happy with v4

Happy2Play

I have feeling this update is not as forgiving on specific library structure as previous versions and that is where this issue lies, just a guess..  But specific on a issue still has not been identified.  It needs to be broken down to potentially identify a problem.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

The images you posted are for a Stand Up Comedy Library, What is the issue with that library?  All I see it the revamped Folder identification.  I think we need to look at one issue at a time, breaking it down by library content type and the issue.

In v3, all folders on the hard drive for the various stand up comedians, appeared in EMBY. Now only half show as in 2nd pic. All the comedian folders have nested folders for the content with metadata and the mkv, avi or mp4 file. Its structure by Comedian name/Content folder/content. I should have a folder for each comedian with the folder symbol on the top left, bu i dont. The same has hapened to my music library, music video library, and tv shows library have bugs too

Edited by djlf

Happy2Play

Lets look at your Stand Up Comedy Library from the images you provided.  Like your Marlon Wayans folder appears to be identified as a single item "Marlon Wayans: Woke....(2018)" obviously mis-identified unless that is the only item in that folder.  Only way to solve this is to break it down.

Do you save metadata with your media?

Ok heres the problem in A nutshell. Any folder that has 2 or more nested folders will appear in emby. Any folder that contains one nested folder will not show up in emby. Instead you only see the content in the folder. Same in all my libraries. Metadata is in each folder. So i have a MARLON WAYANS folder that contains "marlon wayans woke". In v3 the marlon wayans folder appeare in emby and when i clicked on it it brought me to marlon wayans woke. Now there is no marlon wayans folder like sara silverman folder. Any folder with one nested folder wil not show up.

Edited by djlf

HOLY EF !

Son had a girl over to watch a movie tonight.  First time I started Emby in about a week.  Add me to the list of "WTF happened in this update?"  Emby for the HTPC has reverted to the default theme.  Can't watch any movies and even if I could, can't navigate anything.

Patiently waiting......

There are some issues with mixed content in the stable release and we'll be getting an update out to resolve them. Apologies for the disruption.

Ok heres the problem in A nutshell. Any folder that has 2 or more nested folders will appear in emby. Any folder that contains one nested folder will not show up in emby. Instead you only see the content in the folder. Same in all my libraries. Metadata is in each folder. So i have a MARLON WAYANS folder that contains "marlon wayans woke". In v3 the marlon wayans folder appeare in emby and when i clicked on it it brought me to marlon wayans woke. Now there is no marlon wayans folder like sara silverman folder. Any folder with one nested folder wil not show up.

The problem I reported is on stable release and beta release.

Trying to envision what this looks like.  Can you find this "style" layout of media in the Emby Wiki as a supported structure?  It's possible you could be using an unsupported layout.  I could also just not be picturing what you said correctly as well hence the ask of the wiki.

Any chance for a couple of pics of your drive layout showing the folders/files so we get a better idea?

proeland

A lot of chapters are gone from my Music Video MKV database.

I have converted all my dvd's to MKV's, find covers and metadata for the video's, this was a lot of work.

A lot of this is gone, Disappeared since version 4.0.

Upgraded four days ago.

Solved, Renew MetaData, Search for new metadata.

Not totaly solved, Chapters are back, Self searched metadata not.

Edited by proeland

was perfect in every previous version of emby. Nothing wrong with the file structures. There is an issue with folders containing just 1 nested folder. I didnt change anything in my hard drives. Update caused the problem.see pic of file structure. Any folder with 2 or more items shows in emby. Any with 1, folder will not show up in emby as in previous pic. Upgraded to latest beta.

post-1073-0-18941500-1547981202_thumb.png

Edited by djlf
  • Like 1

@@djlf I asked to see the file structure because it's possible there is a bug in the new version. A lot has changed in order to make the system work faster as a whole.

That pic helps because now we know what it looks like and some tests can be ran with a similar setup to check the outcome of scanning on a similar setup.

Thanks

Edited by cayars

CBers

@@djlf I asked to see the file structure because it's possible there is a bug in the new version. A lot has changed in order to make the system work faster as a whole.

That pic helps because now we know what it looks like and some tests can be ran with a similar setup to check the outcome of scanning on a similar setup.

Thanks

emby shows this

@@cayars means a Windows Explorer type view.

• Like 1

Yea sorry didn't see that before.

Any chance you could take that again but with smaller resolution so it's bigger?  I can't really read it.

Also in the left pane can you expand that so we can see what's right above this comedy folder.

Last but not least what is the mount point you added for this library in Emby?

That should be enough info for testing.

mixed content library -added to library by \\pcname\drive letter\folder (stand up comedy).  as previous - always worked fine. The same issue is replicating i all my libraries

post-1073-0-45330000-1548005116_thumb.png

Hopefully this helps.

This pic shows that Emby on the HTPC reverted to default settings when it updated to the latest beta.  Don't know why it wiped out all my settings.

5c44d8a3b0795_20190120_140653.jpg

Here is a pic of the main screen for MOVIES.  Note in the yellow rectangle it shows the hard drive locations.  BEFORE the update it would reflect the movies at the bottom of that screen shot.

5c44d9d70229f_20190120_140914.jpg

If I actually go into the MOVIES from EHS, it shows me this.  Not sure why it's only showing folders on HDD5 and no art either.  Before the update it would show the poster art for all my 1400+ movies.

5c44da0fc586d_20190120_141015.jpg

This is how I point the Server to the movie locations:

5c44da7794eaa_20190120_141619.jpg

This is the folder structure in which I save my movies in:

5c44db4c177a1_20190120_141445.jpg

I hope the above helps in some way to explain what is happening...at least on my end.  This is a major PIA.

Thanks for all your hard work for making the best HT media interface (IMO).  I've been using your program when it was just Media Browser.  Then MB2, and now Emby.

Thanks guys,

Rob

with amy schumer i get a folder that says amy schumer in emby as in the pic i uploaded because it has 2 nested folders in it. Any folder with 1 nested folder will not show up. Ive explained this before. My music video library is doing the same now. so eg:

d:/MUISC VIDEO/ARTIST/VIDEO1, VIDEO2, etc....... artist folder appears in emby. 

d:/MUISC VIDEO/ARTIST/VIDEO    artist folder wont appear but VIDEO does.

Can this not be seen from my pics??

Guys anyway of getting the last v3 somewhere so I can roll back. Have spent to much time this weekend trying to fix things when it was working like a dream for ages before v4. Besides the issue above, I’ve come across other bugs and certainly not noticing any benefits in terms faster functionality. My music library has now gone to snails pace. I’ve had update issues in the past but nothing like this. Can’t get my head round the fact that something that worked so well, doesn’t now. Not a software expert so don’t know what gets taken out and put in but the phrase ‘if it ain’t broke..... ‘ comes to mind. Could do with rolling back until a non-buggy release.

Edited by djlf

Happy2Play

Guys anyway of getting the last v3 somewhere so I can roll back. Have spent to much time this weekend trying to fix things when it was working like a dream for ages before v4. Besides the issue above, I’ve come across other bugs and certainly not noticing any benefits in terms faster functionality. My music library has now gone to snails pace. I’ve had update issues in the past but nothing like this. Can’t get my head round the fact that something that worked so well, doesn’t now. Not a software expert so don’t know what gets taken out and put in but the phrase ‘if it ain’t broke..... ‘ comes to mind. Could do with rolling back until a non-buggy release.

Have you looked at what version is in system.old?  Server always backs up the previous server version.  The database is another story.

You can go on GitHub and download from there also.  Installers will always pull the up to date releases.  

Remember you have to start over with your plugins unless you have them backed up.

Edited by Happy2Play