cimema mode doesnt work

chowbok

chowbok

But as you reported there is a disconnect somewhere.  But I would assume clicking play on a trailer and the plugin would pull the location information from the same place in the database.

file:/data/3/movies/Educating Rita (1983)/trailers/Trailer.mkv: No such file or directory
So can you look in the log and verify what the path for this trailer is when playing it directly.

Yep, it plays fine and has the correct path in the log (attached).

embyserver.txt

chowbok

OK so you moved the files but the database still has references to the old ones. is that correct?

Not sure if I moved the files or not. But yes, that's possible.

Where would this file path come from:

/data/3/movies/Educating Rita (1983)/trailers/Trailer.mkv

The file doesn't exist, right?

chowbok

I think the stuff with the moved files might be a red herring. Just for the heck of it, I set up a completely new Emby install on a fresh Arch Linux server. I just added three movies to it, all with trailers, and my intros. I set up my Cinema Mode settings to match what are on my "real" server. Same issue: it skips the trailers and just plays the intro. Log attached.

embyserver.txt

chowbok

Where would this file path come from:

/data/3/movies/Educating Rita (1983)/trailers/Trailer.mkv

The file doesn't exist, right?

Correct. The "Educating Rita (1983)" directory doesn't exist at all.

Edited by chowbok

chowbok

But it used to?

I don't know. I know I've moved some directories around, but I don't know if that's one of them. Sorry, if I had some way to look it up I would, but I can't think of anything.

chowbok

But again, I think the wrong filepath might be an unrelated issue, because:

1. It never plays a trailer. I haven't moved all my movies;
  2. I tried deleting my database and rebuilding it, and it still wouldn't play a trailer;
  3. I just set up a new Emby instance on a different Arch Linux server with only three movies, all with trailers, and it won't play a trailer there either.

mgworek

Ok, I see the issue, thanks,

@@Luke , looks like the update to the Cinema plug in I just installed broke trailers for me again. It's skipping right to my custom intros (the update yesterday I think it was originally fixed that problem).

I will create a new topic if you want since my problem ended up being different then Chowboks but since I have been communicating in this thread I thought I would mention it here.

Thanks

embyserver.txt

chowbok

I'd be interested to see if anyone is successfully getting local trailers. It might be that everyone is having this problem but that most people haven't noticed because internet trailers are working fine. 

chowbok

Luke said he found an issue so give it time for him to fix/release it, then test again.

That's fine, I'm just curious. If Luke could give a timeframe I promise I'd keep quiet about it for that long.

That's fine, I'm just curious. If Luke could give a timeframe I promise I'd keep quiet about it for that long.

If you promise.  It will be 365 days.  LOL

Kidding a side since Luke found something I wouldn't be surprised if you see in in the next release or two but that's just a guess based on past experience.

• Like 1

chowbok

Kidding a side since Luke found something I wouldn't be surprised if you see in in the next release or two but that's just a guess based on past experience.

Yep! Working now. Thanks Luke!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'am running Emby on my Nvidia Shield TV and i have problems with the trailers.

When i set the trailers on in cinema mode and play a movie the trailer wil start voor a couple of seconds and then it hangs/freeze.

I watch my movies from the ember server on my NAS Synology DS918+.

I have reset the NAS, Embyserver and my Nvidia but the trailers are still freezing.

Have somebody the same problems or a solution?

I'am running Emby on my Nvidia Shield TV and i have problems with the trailers.

When i set the trailers on in cinema mode and play a movie the trailer wil start voor a couple of seconds and then it hangs/freeze.

I watch my movies from the ember server on my NAS Synology DS918+.

I have reset the NAS, Embyserver and my Nvidia but the trailers are still freezing.

Have somebody the same problems or a solution?

Hi there @@Johan72, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
danboy1966

Hi.

I'm sorry if I sound like a noob when it comes to all of this but I guess I am.

I'm having an issue with getting cinema mode to work. I installed the the plug-ins for cinema mode and trailers. I restarted the server as required and nothing happened. I read through anything I could find on the issue and tried only enabling upcoming movie trailers. I waited till the next day because someone wrote that it took a day or two for it to start working. I tried deactivating cinema mode and deleting both cinema mode and trailer. rebooted then reinstalled both and still nothing happens. 

I attached the most current log on the system.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this.

embyserver.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by danboy1966

Hi.  Are you sure you enabled it in whichever app you are using?

Are you sure that your items have proper metadata such that a match could be found?  Genres, etc.?

Did you select any of the restrictive options in Cinema Mode like only play trailers from unwatched content and enable smart parental control?

Do you have trailers showing in the Trailers library?

danboy1966

Hi.  Are you sure you enabled it in whichever app you are using?

Are you sure that your items have proper metadata such that a match could be found?  Genres, etc.?

Did you select any of the restrictive options in Cinema Mode like only play trailers from unwatched content and enable smart parental control?

Do you have trailers showing in the Trailers library?

yes, it is enabled and I do have genres and all that. I did not have unwatched content enabled and I just turned off parental control. there are trailers in the trailer library and i enabled the sub category for trailers on my home screen. after I turned off smart parental control and tried to play a move, I actually saw one of the custom intros I put on but then it locked up. So I tried again with a different movie and it just spins like its loading.

I added a second log taken from after the new issues started happening.

Edited by danboy1966